Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,037 Words
  • 1,960 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 132. Chapter 132

The Summer Olympics

Returning to the Academy, we started to get down to work. We had a short period before the end of the school year. We had a Board of Directors meeting. The annual report would be ready in late June. Dad was already working on it. We decided that the Board would get a copy, and any of the students' parents who wanted a copy would get a copy. Richard was to contact the parents and have them send a request for a copy.

We talked about tuition for Kings College, and it was suggested that we charge 20 percent more than the Academy. I looked for Richard to comment, but he was in agreement. That settled, we did the tour of both the College and the Academy. In general, they were pleased. I asked my friend how did he find the pub accommodations.

"They were fine, and it was like I was in an old English pub. I ordered a beer and then realized after the first sip, it was a soft drink."

"You need to go to the Dungeon if you want a beer. But you need to have a coin."

I realized that none of the Board had coins for the Dungeon. I'll let James take care of that.

"Dad, you know the coins you had made for the boys at the Academy. I need a coin made for the College. I want a bigger size since they won't have any machines… Yes, a different color might be appropriate. Can you put the face of the College on one side and maybe a crown on the other side.'" Yes, that would be perfect…. Yes, I'll be at the cabin with the boys…Okay, I'll see you there."

As the year began to wind down, we started to receive applications for both the Academy and College. James had them sorted into several piles, one for the College and one for the Academy. "James, have your secretary pull the files on the College applications of students who attended the Academy. Also, pull the files on Academy students who have a sibling requesting admission this fall."

Billy continued to train at the Academy. I had completed all of the forms for entering Billy as a member of the Liechtenstein Olympic Association. Since we have competed in the Winter Games, it was a simple matter to enter the Summer Games. Bill called and asked if he could use one of the buses. There appeared several people who wanted to attend the Games besides Mom, Dad, and Bill's family. I "knew that I'd be going along with the runners from the Academy. Gerry had to go, and I also took my four adopted sons.

Hans and Gerry designed the outfit that Billy would wear, and James had a local seamstress make the outfit. The flag would be the one used in the Winter Games and was flown in. Billy would carry it doing the opening ceremonies.

We had to meet with the Olympic doctors two days before the meet for the required blood test. Billy didn't like that, but he had the advantage of running the track several times. I told him to run at a comfortable pace and don't pour it on. The Academy's running team ran with him. Johnny especially enjoyed it.

I initially wondered why the school didn't participate in sporting meets with other schools. The Ambassador told me that security would be impossible to provide, and if one of the boys got hurt, it could be a major international incident. Every once in a while, I needed to be reminded of who some of these boys are.

The opening ceremony was specular, and when Billy entered, the boys stood and cheered. I heard some of the spectators wonder who that was and what country was that flag. I watched the USA team entering, and the man with whom I had a run-in was leading the team on the field.

Billy had done Gerry's country proud, and I was over the hill when he won the 5000-meter event. One of the boys he met at the US trials came and congratulated him on a great run. The US team won the bronze medal. Johnny and I were there to take care of Billy. His leg muscles were tight and needed relaxing. Johnny took over massages, liniments, and hot towels. Soaking in a whirlpool with hot water completed the task. Billy just smiled. He was high from the win.

His next race was in two days, with plenty of time to relax the leg muscles. "Johnny, we need to have hot towels ready when he completes the 10,000-meter race. His legs will be really sore."

We watched some of the other events. "Billy, are you sure you want to run the 10,000? Your legs will hurt when you're done."

"Yes, coach, I have a friend who insists I bring home two golds for our country."

"Okay, but when the race is over, take two laps for your cool down. Johnny will be ready to wrap your legs in hot towels."

Hans, Johnny, Gerry, and I sat close to the track. We watched them take off, Billy ran with the pack, but I could see he was anxious to take off. "Gerry, watch; on the next lap, Billy is going to step it up."

He did. Gerry looked at me and smiled. On the next to last lap, Billy was among the four lead runners. He poured it on the final lap and was ahead of the pack by a safe margin. "Johnny, get those towels ready. As soon as he does his cool-down laps, wrap those legs in those towels."

On the way home, there was one happy boy and a busload of people who couldn't stop talking about his wins. Bill and Jen were so proud. Mom and Dad were proud as well for their adopted grandson.

"Billy, rest up this week. We need to fly home so our people can greet their gold medal hero."

Hans was on the phone, he handed it to Gerry, I didn't understand what they said, but I knew it had something to do with Billy and winning the races.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 30
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

48 minutes ago, Chris L said:

OMG!!! Billy won TWO Gold Medals in the Olympics!!! That's AWESOME!!! Would've luv'd to have seen the look on the US coaches face! Karma is a bitch! LOL!!! 

So they tell me, karma is always a bitch.  Think that could have been two gold for USA

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
45 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Congratulations on 2 gold's ,a really awesome achievement, now onto a hero's welcome home in Lichtenstein, a feather in Adams and Billy's cap, along with Gerry and Johnny

Billy finally proved Adam's prediction from Billy's time at Adam's old university, Not sure Billy believed Adam at first.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drsawzall said:

A job well done, a realization that for goals set, success follows!!!

absolutely, define the goal and them work for the accomplishment of the goal, success is guaranteed

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

Billy the winner!!!! You just knew that he would do it for Adam and Gerry. I'm rooting at the moment for Tom Daly, totally love watching him diving. If he brings two medals home then I will be over the moon, just like Adam. Now I need a drink before be, so I'll see you in the dungeon🤣🤣🤣

Are you sure it isn't the bathing suit he wears that has piqued your interest in his diving.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..