Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 916 Words
  • 2,362 Views
  • 22 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 89. Chapter 89

In the morning, I felt someone else in my bed, I turned over and there was Gerry. He was fast asleep, I slipped out of bed and headed downstairs. Hans was sitting at the table drinking a cup of leftover coffee. I dumped the pot and started a new batch. “Hans, I’m going to run this morning, when the boys wake up there’s cereal, milk, and juice.”

I left and did my warm-ups and then took off for a fast run. I wasn’t going to do my usual circuit, but I ran faster. I stopped at Marie's and she handed me an orange juice, “Do you need me to fix breakfast?”

“No, Hans is here, he’ll give the boys cereal.”

I saw Hans on the porch with a cup of coffee, I doubled back and arrived just as the boys came out with a bowl of cereal. They watched as I did my cool down, I kissed them on the head as I headed for the showers.

I didn’t need to ask what the boys would do for the day, Hans and I watched as the boys, led by Gerry, got the boat in the water. “I guess we are going fishing.”

“Doc, you have a beautiful place here. I can see why the boys like coming here.”

“Hans, you’re invited whenever you can make it. But right now there’s fishing.”

We walked to the boat, “Hans, are you coming with us?”

“If I may?”

“Yes, sit in the front.”

I took the boat to the middle of the lake, the boys knew what to do. I sat back and watched. Gerry started a contest to see would catch the first fish and the biggest fish. He looked at me, I smiled signaling I was ok with that. Of course, I had to come up with the prize.

Sitting there watching the boys, I began to think about my seminar and Billy’s preparation for this summer’s Olympics. I didn’t have long to think when Thomas said he had a nibble, then the bobbin dropped, one yank on the rod, fish in the net. He smiled he was the winner of the first fish caught. Hans started to laugh, “That fish almost pulled you into the lake.”

Thomas looked at him, “No way, he knew it was me so he just gave up.”

We fished for several hours until someone said they were hungry. I saw Marie getting in her boat and heading toward us, “What’s for dinner?”

“Fried fish.”

I usually don’t eat fried foods, but Marie had a way of coating the food with olive oil and then baking it. The fish came out tender and crisp, you would think it was fried.

We headed back to shore, Gerry got the knives, Hans was a little concerned, but the boys had done this before. Fish cleaned and filleted, the boys carried them to the kitchen. Marie took what she needed, the rest was wrapped and frozen. The boys decided that Thomas won the first fish caught and Adam won for the biggest fish.

We went to sit outside until dinner was ready. The boys saw more fish jumping, “Why do they do that?”

“If you look closely you’ll see a flying insect above the water. They see that and it’s their dinner. At night and early morning, there are a lot of insects. One of these days, we’ll stay and listen.”

We sat on the porch and I noticed Hans looking around. “You know Doc, you could expand this area and then you could bring all of the boys here.”

“I can’t expand the cabin.”

“Have you ever seen the chalets in the mountains in Liechtenstein?”

“No”

I saw the smile on Gerry’s face, “Hans, can we build one here?”

“Yes, my Prince, but it’ll be smaller and we’ll have to think of a way to heat it.”

“Dad, I’d like to have one. It’ll remind me of home.”

“Yes, my Prince,” that got me a hit on the arm and a kiss on my cheek.

“Hans, you’ll have to build it. Think about solar panels for electricity and in-ceiling heat. We have several homes here with electric heat.”

Marie finally called us in for dinner. Boys being boys you would think that food would be the first topic at the lunch table. But it wasn’t Gerry, was educating us all on chalets. Marie looked at me and just smiled.

“Marie, I was thinking of taking the boys to Mom and Dad’s. I have a two-week seminar and I think they’ll be better off there. I can ask Bill and his boys to help out, what do you think?”

“I’d love to watch them but I have the clinic. You should give your parents a heads up.”

That evening when the boys had found some books and were reading, I called Dad and told him what I had planned if it was ok. Of course, it was ok, I think if I asked him to drive them to the moon he’d say ok.

I told Hans my plans and invited him to come along. He declined and said he had some work that needed to be done and he would pass this time.

Thursday evening the boys packed their bags for a stay at Dads. Friday morning right after breakfast we left after seeing Hans off.

“Dad, can we eat dinner at that Italian place?”

“Sure and maybe we’ll make it a party.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 26
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

18 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, it's good to see the boys going on like this is home , no airs and graces just good wholesale peace

Yes, they look up to Adam and Adam likes to see them. have fun

  • Like 5
Link to comment

This is a great example of what the boy's are missing in parental love!

 I called Dad and told him what I had planned if it was ok. Of course, it was ok, I think if I asked him to drive them to the moon he’d say ok.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

It's great to see the boys enjoying themselves.

Boys at a camp and fishing, who wouldn't want to be a part of that

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

This is a great example of what the boy's are missing in parental love!

 I called Dad and told him what I had planned if it was ok. Of course, it was ok, I think if I asked him to drive them to the moon he’d say ok.

Yes, Adam its trying to deliver that but he cannot in all reality. But he will be the best substitute for now.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

Gerry is soon going to have his own home at the lake... I reckon when they return Hans will have had the chalet started. I love that "Yes my Prince." I wish we all had someone that we could say that to, instead many of us only ever find a frog. They say you have to kiss a few frogs before you find your prince... I reckon it's my time. I am fedup of kissing frogs and just getting slime!🤣

I thought you hd found your frog and your prince. You are right, Hans will see that Gerry has a chalet at the cabin

  • Like 4
Link to comment
16 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I'm limited to two postings a day. I try and schedule them about 12 hours apart,.

I like to save my readings until the morning postings appear.  That way I get 2 chapters and it makes them seem longer. 🥰

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I like to save my readings until the morning postings appear.  That way I get 2 chapters and it makes them seem longer. 🥰

That is a good idea.  I have been trying to make the chapters longer. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

That is a good idea.  I have been trying to make the chapters longer. 

It works quite well, especially when I get interrupted by hubby, the dog, breakfast, etc!  :2thumbs:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Clancy59 said:

It works quite well, especially when I get interrupted by hubby, the dog, breakfast, etc!  :2thumbs:

You need to take your reading to the bathroom. From my experience you don't get many people bothering you there

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, CLJobe said:

You need to take your reading to the bathroom. From my experience you don't get many people bothering you there

Doesn’t work.  Puppy dog follows us too the bathroom.  If we don’t close the door completely, she noses it open and tries to come in.  I have a cute pic of her peeking around the edge of the door with just her left eye and half of her nose, hoping I’ll invite her in (she really does have  puppy dog eyes and she’s 2 1/2 years old!).  She will stretch up and scratch on it, even if no one is in there!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Clancy59 said:

Doesn’t work.  Puppy dog follows us too the bathroom.  If we don’t close the door completely, she noses it open and tries to come in.  I have a cute pic of her peeking around the edge of the door with just her left eye and half of her nose, hoping I’ll invite her in (she really does have  puppy dog eyes and she’s 2 1/2 years old!).  She will stretch up and scratch on it, even if no one is in there!

She sounds cute. Obviously she ;likes you 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

She is very cute and well-loved and she loves her Mommy and Daddy very much! 🐶

That is devotion. My family are dog lovers so I have had a lot of experience with having a dog around.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..