Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 486 Words
  • 2,115 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 170. Chapter 170

For the next ten years, the Directors met at the cabin once a month, the boys came on the weekend when school was in session, and Billy and his family visited on holidays. Jen was always with them, along with Scotty and his family, and when possible, Buster joined them.

On my 89th birthday, I told the boys I wanted to meet with them. We sat under the shelter where we ate as a group. “I want to tell you what will happen this year. I’ll be leaving you. It's my time. I have set up trust accounts for the school under the direction of the Directors. It will take three signatures to access the fund. It is to be used for school improvements and costs not covered by tuition. There are two scholarships, one for girls called the Marie Endowment fund and one for boys called the Ambassador fund. Students only need to qualify based on merit and school performance. You will make the selection as a group. I left a small gift for each of you; you’ll get it when I’m put next to Marie.”

As if a bell rang, my grandchildren joined us. The youngest on my lap, I smiled at him. He put his hand on my heart, “It’s warm, Granddad.” I gave him a hug and a kiss on his cheek. Over the next hour, each of my grandchildren had to sit on my lap and check my heart. I looked at Gerry. He was laughing. Now I know who put them up to this. It was what I needed to break my solemn mood.

I made one trip back home to see Sammy. I told him what I wanted and the number I needed. I paid in advance, knowing Sammy would do exactly what I wanted.

When they were ready, he called, and I went to pick them up. They were perfect. A large engraved knight’s stallion and a notation following their name, ‘Don’t forget the Knight’s Oath, teach it where ever you are, live it in love and knowing I’ll be watching and helping from above. Love, Father.’

For the grandchildren, a pendent for them. The girls had a picture of Hypatia on the front, and for the boys, a stallion on the front. Their names were on the back.

In each gift box, I added a note. ‘A warm heart is to be blessed.’

I had the boxes delivered to the cabin, I told Richard where they were, and he was to hand them out to my sons at my funeral. I left written instructions with them so he would know one was his.

It was a cold night, and I heard the moose snorting. Marie came and held my hand as she led me to the light. I was sad, and then I was surrounded by love. I was home, at last, never more to roam.

I will post an epilogue tomorrow.
Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 12
  • Sad 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Another sad chapter. Adam has rejoined Marie. His spirit will live on with his sons and daughters and all those he helped during there time at the Academy and College.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Was Adam diagnosed with something or did he just know in his gut? Well whatever the reason it is just like Adam to get all the affairs in order. He touched so many people they are going to need a stadium to have his funeral 

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to comment

Farewell to a story well done. That fact that everyone is talking about Adam and Marie as well as others, say so much about your writing ability. You made them come alive. Only a great writer can do that. Thank you.

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I don't take loss well and am literally sobbing along with Kev, Weiner, and Chris. 😪 So sad that a wonderful life has to end so soon. I can only imagine how all his sons are feeling. A monumental loss to everyone! 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Another sad chapter. Adam has rejoined Marie. His spirit will live on with his sons and daughters and all those he helped during there time at the Academy and College.

Yes, he and Marie won't be forgotten

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Was Adam diagnosed with something or did he just know in his gut? Well whatever the reason it is just like Adam to get all the affairs in order. He touched so many people they are going to need a stadium to have his funeral 

Adam sensed things, he was guided by Dad. He knew his time was up and he missed Marie.  Once all loose ends were tied up, he was ready to join Marie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Kev said:

Sad, sad, sad and even more tears but what a beautiful ending with Marie meeting him and takin him home.... Thank you, I think we will all love Adam for a very long time:thankyou:0:):thankyou:

You are welcome Kev.  As Adam rests now so will I. I need time to work on a new story or should I quit while I am ahead?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mfa607 said:

A life well lived. All any of us can hope for. Thank you for sharing this with us. I’m looking forward to the epilogue. Great story!

Thanks. I appreciate your comments

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, JCtoGO2 said:

Farewell to a story well done. That fact that everyone is talking about Adam and Marie as well as others, say so much about your writing ability. You made them come alive. Only a great writer can do that. Thank you.

 

Thank you, however I am not a great writer, I almost flunked writing classes in college. I appreciate you comments.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, dutch woman said:

A beautiful way to be guided by your soul mate into the heavenly world

Wouldn't it be nice to have someone in our life like Adam and Marie. They would have been an inspiration. Just as my readers were ab inspiration for me.  Thank you for reading and commenting 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, drsawzall said:

angels GIF

Thank you. I'll extend your GiF to all of my readers. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Edgardo said:

A monumental work which I thoroughly enjoyed; with the occasional tear. Thank you for writing and sharing your story, it was much appreciated.

Thank you for reading it and commenting. I'm glad you had enjoyed my story

  • Like 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Chris L said:

I don't take loss well and am literally sobbing along with Kev, Weiner, and Chris. 😪 So sad that a wonderful life has to end so soon. I can only imagine how all his sons are feeling. A monumental loss to everyone! 

We are not immortal but our words and the way we live our life can be immortal. Adam was a man whose life will be immortal, he has given us a road map to eternity. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

You are welcome Kev.  As Adam rests now so will I. I need time to work on a new story or should I quit while I am ahead?

I don't think we'll ever get a bad story from you maybe you won't match this maybe you will but either way we'll be here for you.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Adam gave so much love to so many people and was dearly loved by them all 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..