Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,197 Words
  • 2,240 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 112. Chapter 112

Supper that night was something else. The boys who spoke German, talked to Mrs. Muller I wasn’t sure what they were telling her but she did want to see the chalets.

“Mom, Mrs. Muller can sleep in my room. Abe and Jer can double up for one night.”

“I think they are sleeping with the boys in the chalets.”

“Then give a room to Jen. I’ll sleep at Marie’s after all 50% of the house is mine.” I didn’t see Marie behind me as she hit me on the head.

I rose early in the morning, showered, and dressed. I was making coffee when Marie came into the kitchen. “Just what I love, a man who can make coffee”

“It’ll cost you a kiss”

I got my kiss and she got her coffee. “I need to get an early start this morning, are you going to go to Philly with Mrs. Muller and Josef? If you are, you can go from here.”

“Are you going to come later?”

“Yes, as soon as we get to the school, I’ll get Anton, Hans, and Doc on the copter and head over. We can meet at the hospital.”

The drive back to the school was getting routine for me. I followed the buses and watched people’s reactions. Some smiled, others looked confused. But one thing I knew for sure, the boys were happy.

Arriving at the school, James met me with the weekend mail. “I thought you might want to read this and possibly answer some while you wait. I usually get bored and the magazines are 10 years old.”

I put the mail in my briefcase, “I’ll handle this when I’m at the hospital, thanks.”

As the boys left the bus and headed into the school, I went to my rooms and packed an overnight bag. The Ambassador called but said he would call later to find out how the operation went.

The boys watched as the helicopter landed, we boarded and they lifted off. We flew into the airport in Philly, James had arranged a car and we were soon off to the hospital.

Doc had called to make the arrangements and when we went to check-in, the nurse at the station couldn’t find the reservation. After waiting for 20 minutes, Doc called someone. A doctor approached the nurse’s station, asked what's the problem. The nurse said she couldn’t find the reservation. The doctor, sat at her desk, typed in something and the reservation popped up. I knew what happened, the reservation was in German and this nurse didn’t know German.

We followed the doctor to a private room. A nurse came in with a hospital gown, Doc said he’d see that the boy put the gown on. “Boy’s his age are rather sensitive about female nurses.”

We heard the trolley coming, Anton was hooked up to leads for temperature, blood pressure, and heartbeats. Doc explained all of that to Hans who explained it all to Anton and Mrs. Muller.

A young intern came in and spoke to Doc. The intern will be one of the doctors in the operating room and wanted Anton to be comfortable seeing him. When he left, Doc followed him. I went to a waiting room and began reading my mail. I heard a loud No. walking into the room, the nurse wanted a urine sample, and according to Anton that wasn’t going to happen. Doc came back and took the sample. He left with the nurse and that was the last time we saw her.

I went back to reading my mail in the waiting room. “Sir, he’s hungry. It’s past dinner time.”

I knew there was a deli across the street from the hospital, I saw it when we drove in. Looking over the menu, I got a large container of chicken noodle soup, I asked for an empty bowl. They were making a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato and ham. I picked up four of those. I got five coffees and one chocolate milk. I had a hand full, one of the boys who was cleaning the tables, offered to help.

Walking into the room, the smell of food had them curious. I took the soup and split it into two bowls, one I set before Anton and the other I set on the table for Mrs. Muller. Hans moved her chair so she could eat. I gave a sandwich to Hans, Josef, Doc, and Marie along with their coffee.”

“Where did you get this food?”

“Across the street at the Deli” I was left as they all headed to the deli.

I watched as Anton ate his soup, it was good because it smelled good at the diner. I smiled at him, handed him his chocolate milk, and watched as he smiled, and of course the chocolate mustache.

I sat on the bed when Josef came back with two sandwiches. "This is really good.”

“Where are the rest?”

“They decided to eat at the diner.”

“Ask Mrs. Muller if she would like anything. I’m ok.”

I noticed Mrs. Muller shook her no, “She said not now maybe later.”

I looked at Anton, “Bring him some ice cream.”

What kid doesn’t like ice cream. When Josef left, a doctor came into the room. He introduced himself as the surgeon. “Later tonight or early tomorrow morning, we’ll take him for X-rays. Based on those results, we’ll know what to do.”

I thanked him as he left, that was when Hans came back with ice cream for Anton. “Hans, the doctor is either going to take him tonight or tomorrow morning for X-rays. Based on those results, he’ll plan what he’ll do.”

I watched as Hans explained that to Anton and Mrs. Muller. I could see the fright in Anton’s eyes. “Hans, explain what an X-ray is and that there is no pain.”

As he was doing that the troops returned. “Marie, what kind of wife are you to let your husband starve. Didn’t you bring something for me to eat?”

She looked at me, punching me in my stomach, “You don’t need to eat, you’re getting a belly.”

That wasn’t true. She handed me a container of soup. I looked at Anton, took half off the soup, and poured it into his plastic bowl, he smiled and dug right in. I told Marie what the doctor said, she said she’ll go with him. Hans translated that for them.

It was getting late, I had made arrangements for rooms at the corner hotel, Mrs. Muller would stay with Anton in his room and Hans would occupy the comfy chair. As we were walking out, the young intern gave Doc a letter. “We may have found my replacement.”

I was interested why Uncle would say that. “Is that what you discussed with him when you left with him?”

“Yes, I asked him when his internship was finished he said the end of the year. I asked him what were his plans. He said he wanted to go into private practice but focusing on young adults. I asked for his information and that was what he handed me.”

“Good, keep me posted.”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 22
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great way to expand the family, Adam did say he is not going to advertise any posts but will seek out the right people, Marie has done the same thing her clinic replacement. Anton hopefully will be fine going  through the operation

  • Like 5
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Chris L said:

Luv the banter back and forth that Marie and Adam have "after all 50% of the house is mine.” LOL!!! Sounds like the hospital trip is fruitful in more ways than just Anton's surgery ... anyone have a new intern available that's looking to take over a practice at the Academy? LOL!!! Guessing Uncle may be wanting to take over Marie's practice so she can move to the Academy full-time. PS, her practice comes with a fancy new ambulance! 😁

Yes Uncle not only gets a practice at the clinic, but a house to live in and possible meals across the lake.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, Philippe said:

But not the nurse or urine samples....NO! 
hahaha 😝 enough said.

Most young boys don't want a female nurse taking urune samples or being washed by one. Hospitals have male orderlies to handle these young men. 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
11 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I was almost going to be a smart aleck last chapter and mentioned that Adam was going to find some place to eat while at the hospital.Sure enough the only thing I got wrong was I thought he was going to get Pastrami.

He didn't but if you know of a restaurant that has a good pastrami, let me know. A pastrami sandwich I can eat any day. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

I always get confused when a married couple say that 50% of everything is theirs. I mean you can split money, you can even count knives and fork and split them but what are you going to do with a house? Build a wall down the middle so that you get 50% is you split? Hell I once owned a house and the 50% does not work!:devil: In order to have a quick divorce with no drawn out problems, she got everything and I got my freedom. Now it makes me angry but at the time I was getting ill with the situation and getting away from it all to a new town was the only way to keep my sanity. 50% pfffft!!!!

Loving the Grandma is with Anton now and that Super Adam strikes again...

It seems when the divorce is amicable, a division of assets is made. When it isn't amicable either the courts decide or one of the litigants walks away as you did.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great way to expand the family, Adam did say he is not going to advertise any posts but will seek out the right people, Marie has done the same thing her clinic replacement. Anton hopefully will be fine going  through the operation

I think the operation is fairly routine.  Since this is a teaching hospital, there will be a lot of observers. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Poor Anton, when I was his age, a group of friends and I made our own slide of an old swing set that was missing it own slide. We used an old rough plank and I was elected, as it was my idea, to be the first down.

I ended up with a splinter buried deep into one of my but cheeks. I ran screaming down the street to my house and my mother took me to our doctors, the horror was that in front of his nurse, Nancy, I had to pull my pants down! The good Doc gave me a shot to numb the area and cut the splinter out...not sure if this was worse or not, but every night my father for a week or so, had to waterproof tape my backside so I could shower....

Your face probably was more red than your butt with the sprinter.  For a young boy, it must have been a horrible experience.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Philippe said:

My biggest moment of embarrassment was with a young doctor in the USAF when I was fairly new out of college. The full well-man exam was required; some of these events were new to me of course. But the doctor said to pull down your pants and face me, then started to wheel the chair over for their close inspection. Well zippy recognized this as a somewhat friendly gesture toward playing the dunking game and that really started to get some excitement going. The doc quickly finger flicked or thumped zippy up side the head and then proceeded to physically fondle and check the rest of the produce; while zippy quickly left the party and decided to lay back down and rest.

Goodness, I didn’t know whether to be embarrassed that zippy got excited or that zippy laid down so quickly after the less than friendly greeting. After an awkward few minutes of indecision, I shyly apologized then asked how they knew that trick? The answer was quite simple, it’s part of the medical training of how to calm the excitement some have when nekked with all the produce laid out and about to be fondled by the shoppers at the farmers market; right there in public, with the lights on!

I'm sure that cured any embarrassment you had being naked among a group of men. Did you use that trick on any friends or buddies?  Don't answer that question, it was just me being nosy and impertinent of me to ask.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, CLJobe said:

He didn't but if you know of a restaurant that has a good pastrami, let me know. A pastrami sandwich I can eat any day. 

If you're ever in San Diego let me know I do know of a place

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, weinerdog said:

If you're ever in San Diego let me know I do know of a place

I will do that

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..