Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,285 Words
  • 1,848 Views
  • 9 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 155. Chapter 155

Arriving at our airport, we switched to the copter. I couldn't help thinking that Stephan was getting once in a lifetime experience. We flew Moma home, and we had to stay for dinner. Then I went to Mom and Dad's for the night. I called Billy and invited him over.

"Stephan, I have invited Billy over. Tomorrow morning you, Billy, his father, and I will run a course we used to run when I was in school."

Just as we sat down for an iced tea, Billy came, and Buster came as well. Buster jumped on me and kissed me on the cheek. Mom came and took him for a glass of milk and cookies. I introduced Stephan to Billy. "Billy, we're going to train Stephan for the next three months to see if we can produce another gold medal winner. We need to go shopping. Mom, can we leave Buster here while we go and buy a running outfit for Stephan?"

Silly question, Mom loves the little scamp. Taking Stephan shopping was something else. We'd go into a shoe store. He had to check out every kind of shoe. Billy picked out a pair of running shoes. He tried them on, smiled, and handed them to Billy. Billy told the salesman we would take them. I paid for them: our next stop, the sports store. There Billy picked out two outfits, including a protective cup. Stephan tried on the shorts, and they were a little tight, so Billy picked out the next size larger. Next, he had to have running socks. Once he had the outfit he needs for running, we went to a young men's shop.

"Billy, he's going to be here for three months. Fix him up with enough clothes to last." I went and sat down while Billy took him through the store. When they were done, Billy had a bundle of clothes for Stephan and a few items for himself.

We paid and headed to Mom and Dad's. Billy took Buster, went home while Mom ran the new clothes through the washer and dryer.

The next morning at 5:30, I woke Stephan to run. Billy brought his dad over, and Mom had an orange juice for us, then we were off. Billy and Stephan set the pace. I knew Billy was going to kick it up, and he did. I stayed with Bill. Then he kicked it up again. By then, they were running all out for the last mile, and we were using that last mile as a cool-down run. When we finally met up, the boys were on their cool-down exercises.

Going back home, we showered, and Stephan dressed in his new clothes. Mom had a big breakfast ready. He ate like there was no tomorrow. I just had my usual. Packing up his clothes, saying goodbye to Mom and Dad, promising to see them this weekend at the cabin, Dad drove us to the airport, and we took the copter home to the schools.

I had Stephan running here three times a day, once in the morning with me, then two times with the runners. I stressed warm-up and cool down. Coach Jasper took over the overall training. There is more than just running. You have to get your body in shape as well.

We had the Board meeting a little later than normal. We toured the construction site where the clinic was under construction. Henry made a presentation at the site, explaining what needed to be done and showing where the various rooms would be.

Back at the Board room, I presented the Girls Academy. The Board still wasn't convinced that there was a need for a school. James had my loaded guns. "Since the last Board meeting, the word got out about the Clinic and the possibility of a girls academy. I know how the Clinic might have gotten out as James typed up the minutes, and Gentlemen, there is nothing sacred in my office. As for the school for girls, we have received applications. I had to inform those applicants that the Board has not approved the school, and it's a little premature to think we'd have a school."

This is when James put the applications on the table. The members of the Board looked at each other. "Are these all applications for a girls academy?"

"Yes, look through them."

I sat there and watched as they looked through the applications, "Some of these are for children not even born yet. Is that natural?"

"Yes, we receive them in the boy's Academy all the time."

"Ambassador, there is one from your son. He isn't married. Why would he send in a reservation?"

I looked at Richard, and he didn't know Richard had applied. "If you read that application or some like his, it's an application for the future, after marriage and when they have children. I have them for the boys as well and from Richard as well."

"But we haven't approved the school."

"One of my fears has always been, will there be enough children to attend the Academy to keep it open. From the letters we receive, I have no fear that will happen. The boys who experience the Academy want the same for their sons. I expect the same for their daughters."

"Gentlemen, we need to either endorse Adam's girls' school or to tell him not to build. At least not to build as a part of this campus."

My English friend, "Adam, I think this is a great idea. Why take the chance that our sons will meet their future wives by chance. This will offer an opportunity to provide an educated young woman along the same lines of education as they will experience. I assume at an appropriate time, they will be integrated into the College."

"We'll have to make sure the college students maintain appropriate conduct. I have decided to offer a Master's Degree program. I have sufficient professors with doctorate degrees who can provide direction for students. We'd have to think about what fields we would offer. It would have to be in concert with the Academy and Kings College. So if any of you have ideas, please let the Board know."

Over supper, I brought the Board up to date on the Prince of Liechtenstein and his future marriage. "While he is on his honeymoon, I'll be there filling in for him. The wedding is planned in early June after school is finished for the term."

Later that day, in private with Richard, "I noticed we have two new students enrolled in the Academy who have guardians. I'm putting you on record. If their guardians treat them as the guardians did with my other sons, I'll be asking for them to give up their guardianship, and I'll adopt those boys as well."

"I expect that. Would you do it for the girls as well?"

"I'm fortunate enough to have the means to support a large family."

"How far are you on the girls' academy?"

"Henry is working on architecture drawings. The land has been acquired, so I hope at the next meeting the Board agrees."

"If they don't?"

"I think you can guess what will happen. I own the land. As of now, it isn't part of the school property, and you know someone owns the land the school is built on. I would like it to be a part of the schools, but I need to consider my daughter's educational needs. So it might be a one-room Academy or more."

"Adam, is that blackmail."

"No, Richard, I'm giving the Board time to think about it. And Richard, this is between you and me."

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 16
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Adam will get his way with the girls Academy, especially as he's now told Richard who owns the land it will be built on. Even if the board doesn't approve it will get built, just separate to the other two educational facilities.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I like how Adam has a vision and a drive. The Board is being given the opportunity to support but he who holds the purse strings will do as he pleases. LOL!!!  

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Why should the board feel that their girls do not deserve the same education as their sons? It makes sense to have a girls academy! It would mean that the boys have a chance to meet their future while being in the academy/college. It would mean the the girls get their choice, many these days are pushed into marriage by their "elders" and "betters" who have no idea of love. At least Adam and Marie are full of that one important ingredient.

With Richard knowing who owns the land there is little stopping the growth that Adam wants, as he knows Adam has the ability to build it of his own and not include it in the confines of the academy processes and procedures. 

Loving the fact that Richard now knows Adam is the force behind everything and has the means to support the boys that need him. To me that tells him far more than just having the ability to adopt.:2thumbs:

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Grand chapter, so the board can  only but rubber stamp the girls school their hands are tied as Adam owns all the properties, interesting developments

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Adam will get his way with the girls Academy, especially as he's now told Richard who owns the land it will be built on. Even if the board doesn't approve it will get built, just separate to the other two educational facilities.

Yes, but it would be better if the Board approved

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Chris L said:

I like how Adam has a vision and a drive. The Board is being given the opportunity to support but he who holds the purse strings will do as he pleases. LOL!!!  

There are times when it is preferable to have friends join you on a project even knowing you could go alone

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kev said:

Why should the board feel that their girls do not deserve the same education as their sons? It makes sense to have a girls academy! It would mean that the boys have a chance to meet their future while being in the academy/college. It would mean the the girls get their choice, many these days are pushed into marriage by their "elders" and "betters" who have no idea of love. At least Adam and Marie are full of that one important ingredient.

With Richard knowing who owns the land there is little stopping the growth that Adam wants, as he knows Adam has the ability to build it of his own and not include it in the confines of the academy processes and procedures. 

Loving the fact that Richard now knows Adam is the force behind everything and has the means to support the boys that need him. To me that tells him far more than just having the ability to adopt.:2thumbs:

Yes, I think we all need a confidant at times.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, mikedup said:

Grand chapter, so the board can  only but rubber stamp the girls school their hands are tied as Adam owns all the properties, interesting developments

Yes, but Adam is wise to accept Richard's recommendation to make the Board a partner in the girls' school

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I don’t understand why there is any hesitation about the girls academy, it appears that the board think that girls are just there to be a pretty young thing of their sons and also a mother and housewife which is just so old fashioned male thinking. My husband said that one of his cousins was getting married to have a woman to cook and clean for him, at the time he was 23 and he is a Muslim Indian man, so sexist. Eww 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..