Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 832 Words
  • 1,989 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 125. Chapter 125

The rest of the day was mainly catch-up and planning on going to Liechtenstein.

I did have a staff meeting explaining that I needed to test the boys. I saw Jane at lunch and introduced her, told her about the testing.

At supper, Morgan asked me if I was going away. “Yes, I have to take Frau Muller home and since Billy will be running for Liechtenstein, I want him to see the country. I’ll be back either Sunday night or Monday morning.”

I saw a little tear, I gave him a hug and a kiss on his forehead. “Will have breakfast when I get back, ok.” He smiled.

Back at the office, “James how many boys do we have that do not have parents?”

“If I assume that the boys with a guardian don’t have a family, not including Gerry, we have four. One you know, Morgan.”

“How old is he, he appears to be too young to be here.”

“He is, he came here when he wasn't quite 10, according to his records.”

“How is that possible?”

“Says the man who cleaned out a hornet nest.”

“No, she didn’t enroll him knowing he couldn’t keep up, for money?”

“Yes, she did. You can ask Jane about it.”

“Let me have the folders on the other three.”

“I know what you are going to do.”

“James, don’t think too far ahead, but you’re right.”

“You’re going to need a team of lawyers.”

“Get them. Also, arrange for a helicopter and plane for Friday morning. Count on 10 people.”

Tuesday was letter day. Actually, James did most of the work, I added a footnote and pictures. There were a few invoices that I had some questions about. “James, I’ll be in accounts payable.”

“Do you need help”

I laughed as I left. The invoices were for the basic stocking of the kitchen at the college. It also included what we took when we went to the cabin. I signed them and left them with Annie.

“I went and got a cup of coffee. “James, the records of the boys who have guardians does it mention anything about their parents?”

“No, sir”

“Get the Ambassador on the line for me, he needs to earn his position on the Board.”

“The Ambassador is online”

“Hello Ambassador, I have a job for you….Yes for you, you didn’t think the position on the Board was going to be a vacation…I’m sure by now you know that some of the boys call me dad, in fact when you aren’t here, Richard calls me dad. I take it as a term used by the boys telling me they are thankful for the changes in the school…yes, it's like a cute joke, except Gerry calls me Father…Yes in effect that is true… but now there are other boys who have no family…yes guardians…they are beginning to call me father…no I have no problem with that, for me, it is an honor… well, your task is to get me appointed guardian for the other 4 boys…yes I know there are other ways to have a family…can you help me…no there is no contact between the boys and their guardians…Yes, I’ll go to court if I have to…James is pulling together a team of lawyers…thanks, I knew I could depend on you…yes, in fact, we’ll be flying over Friday morning…thanks.”

“James, fax the information on the four boys to the Ambassador. Let’s see what he can come up with.”

I went to the testing room to check on the boys. “Jane, how are we doing?”

“They are doing ok. I give them 15-minute breaks after two hours.”

“Here’s a key to my rooms, there’s orange juice in the refrigerator for their break.”

Thursday Marie arrived a little early and had supper with us. She looked, I had 5 boys surrounding me as I sat at the table. One of the boys moved so she could sit next to me, she kissed him, Evan saw this and ran to stand next to her. She laughed and kissed him as well, he actually strutted back to his seat.

Marie just laughed, “Now I know Gerry and Morgan, who are these other three handsome young men.”

“My name is Pierre and I am 13 years old, Madam.”

“My name is Raymond and I am also 13 years old.”

“My name is Amir and I am 12 but will be 13 in 3 months.”

Marie is an angel, she stood and hugged each boy and kissed them on their cheek.

Their eyes got big, I gave them a smile and a thumbs up.

“Father”

“Yes Morgan”

“Is she our Mother?”

“Ask her”

Pierre was the brave one, “Madam, may we call you Mother?”

Yep, tears in Marie’s eyes. She gave each one another hug and whispered in their ear. I knew what she whispered. The boys all had smiles on their faces. Supper just became a family thing shared with my Knights.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 24
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I choked up just reading about Morgan's reaction to Adam going away so I know how it effected Adam.To use the Academy as basically babysitters has to be something that can be investigated but I bet there  is no law dealing with that as long as they pay the tuition

Edited by weinerdog
  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I choked up just reading about Morgan's reaction to Adam going away so I know how it effected Adam.To use the Academy as basically babysitters has to be something that can be investigated but I bet there law dealing with that as long as they pay the tuition

Morgan is going to be alright.  No way is Adam going to let him feel lonely and adrift.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Simply criminal!!

“If I assume that the boys with a guardian don’t have a family, not including Gerry, we have four. One you know, Morgan.”

“How old is he, he appears to be too young to be here.”

“He is, he came here when he wasn't quite 10, according to his records.”

“How is that possible?”

“Says the man who cleaned out a hornet nest.”

No, she didn’t enroll him knowing he couldn’t keep up, for money?”

  • Like 4
Link to comment
2 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Simply criminal!!

“If I assume that the boys with a guardian don’t have a family, not including Gerry, we have four. One you know, Morgan.”

“How old is he, he appears to be too young to be here.”

“He is, he came here when he wasn't quite 10, according to his records.”

“How is that possible?”

“Says the man who cleaned out a hornet nest.”

No, she didn’t enroll him knowing he couldn’t keep up, for money?”

Yes but Adam will try and make it right for him.  I expect Adam to adopt all off those boys who had guardians

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

I never thought anyone could replace my mother, but someone as loving and caring as Marie, I would willingly call mother. Mine died of cancer when I was young, I still find it hard to remember what she really looked like as I was so young when she died. I remember when we got the call saying that she had died... I got mums dog and just walked out of the house, not able to cry...

I walked for hours and eventually sat in a hollow in some trees completely surrounded and let it out, with Belle licking my face... I cried for hours knowing that since dad had never shown any love, other than to my brothers things were going to change. Almost 50 years on and I still miss her every day. first thing he did was to get rid of mums dog (I cried again that day- he had her put her down).

Those five boys are lucky to have Adam and Marie batting for them now. 

Edited by Kev
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..