Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 804 Words
  • 2,335 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 63. Chapter 63

She took her boat back to her place and I went to the cabin. Walking in, "That dam woman I’ll never marry her. She’s the daughter of the devil. Oh, I don't see how I could ever consider her marriageable material. I’m going to take a shower, change and head back to school. I don’t want to see her ever again.” I went to take a shower and I thought mom was going to be sick.

“Adam, what happened.”

“I went to kiss her and she pushed me in the lake. When I went to get out, she pushed me again. She’s the devil.”

I showered and changed into dry clothes.

“Adam, please think about this. She’s a nice girl, she was just having fun.” I saw Marie coming up on the porch.

“No, she isn’t a nice girl. I tell you she is wicked and I will not marry her. I just don’t know who she is, she thinks because she is pretty a man would do anything to please her. Mom, it’s not going to happen.”

“Adam Blake, if you ever do that to me again, I’ll make sure I drown you. I wouldn’t marry you if you were the last man on earth. You are a pompous ass.”

I think Mom was going to have a heart attack. Marie ran at me like she was going to hit me, I grabbed her arms and pulled her to me. Smiling I kissed her. I wasn’t sure what was going through Mom’s mind, she looked confused and was confused. Dad and George, they saw what happened on the dock, and were laughing.”

“George, there will never be a dull moment with those two around.”

"I wasn’t sure who Marie would end up with but I couldn’t be happier.”

Then next thing they knew, Marie and Adam ran from the house. “Dad, you got to save us?”

Mom came out on the porch, “There will be no dinner for you tonight.”

Marie held her hand, Mom looked and then looked at me. She smiled, all forgotten, all forgiven.

“Mom, before you get too excited, we're thinking 2 years from now. Marie has to find someone to take over her practice and I have a college to build. We won’t have time to get married, there are too many loose ends that needed to be wrapped up.”

“You could see the balloon burst, but knowing mom, she will, at least in her mind, have us married this fall.

The rest of the weekend was fun. I ran in the morning, Marie said no way, and for once I was feeling like I did before heading off to England. Every time Mom looked at us, she had this ‘I know’ smile on her face.

Monday morning, back to the grind. Dad took the old car back and made arrangements to give it to Billy. I had signed the papers.

“Good morning James, we need to check the supply room before breakfast so let’s go.”

I couldn’t believe the difference. You would think a neat freak was here. Everything was neatly stacked on shelves and the shelves were identified. The floor appeared to be scrubbed clean and polished. “I think I’ll get these boys to clean my apartment.”

“I think this is definitely a 5 coin job.”

“I agree, at dinner, we’ll make it so.”

Breakfast was interesting, the boys who cleaned the supply room wanted to know if we saw it. I said we did. They looked at each other and then at James and back to me. I couldn’t wait for dinner, “Knights, you did an excellent job. You each get 5 coins besides your regular pay. Here are your five coins.” I gave each of them their coins.

“Let’s show them a job well done.” James started to pound on the table, “here here here”

The other boys joined in. I think they were just as proud.

The boys were forming a close-knit group. It’s apparent in their respect for each other and the willingness to help each other.

A few of the boys asked about the painting between the windows, I told them it will be the oath they took when they received their medals. One of the boys asked about their badges, did they have to return them. “Those badges are yours knowing that all new students who become Knights of the Square Table will not be given a badge. Think of it as a remembrance of being the first.”

The boys smiled and it seems that the badges meant something different now.

This week was going to be busy, I have a medical doctor to interview and a chef that was recommended by one of the student’s parents. I’m always amazed at how much the students tell their parents.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 22
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter, so they are well on the way to marriage , the boys are going to keep the school standard high because they now have something to be proud of 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Mom is gonna get revenge on Adams and Marie constantly teasing her. There should be no problems with the new staff if there recommended by Marie and the parents.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

When I married it was all her family and only five people from my family... Hell I even had to pay for the hotel just to get dad and my brothers to come to the wedding. I love the way Adam is able to tease his mom, it makes me wonder just what mine would have been like had she lived. I was younger than the boys in the academy when mum died. It's true what they say when they say that losing mum is one of the biggest events in a boys life, I know that I was never the same. Get Adam to give his mum a hug for me.:thankyou: I hope he realizes how precious having mum in your life truly is.

Edited by Kev
  • Like 3
Link to comment
6 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, so they are well on the way to marriage , the boys are going to keep the school standard high because they now have something to be proud of 

The boys are grateful for Adam. For them it appears to be a new school, a lot of the pressure they were under has been released. Even though they are away from their families, they are having fun. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Mom is gonna get revenge on Adams and Marie constantly teasing her. There should be no problems with the new staff if there recommended by Marie and the parents.

I think Adam's dad will be able to soothe his mom. 

The boys keep their parents well informed and with the parents involved,. Adam has a strong position against any trustee who was in the Arlene camp

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kev said:

When I married it was all her family and only five people from my family... Hell I even had to pay for the hotel just to get dad and my brothers to come to the wedding. I love the way Adam is able to tease his mom, it makes me wonder just what mine would have been like had she lived. I was younger than the boys in the academy when mum died. It's true what they say when they say that losing mum is one of the biggest events in a boys life, I know that I was never the same. Get Adam to give his mum a hug for me.:thankyou: I hope he realizes how precious having mum in your life truly is.

You are right, for a boy, no matter what age, mom always had a special place in his heart. Adam likes to  tease, but it is a tease of love.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
4 hours ago, CLJobe said:

I think Adam's dad will be able to soothe his mom. 

 

4 hours ago, CLJobe said:

You are right, for a boy, no matter what age, mom always had a special place in his heart. Adam likes to  tease, but it is a tease of love.

That may be true, but it doesn’t preclude a little revenge tease on Mom’s part! Adam and Marie need a little of their own back from her!  :fight:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

 

That may be true, but it doesn’t preclude a little revenge tease on Mom’s part! Adam and Marie need a little of their own back from her!  :fight:

I agreee she should but I'm not sure she will.  although if I was Adam, it'd be careful of what she cooked.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Hlasota said:

That trick on mom wasn't very nice but still good laugh :)

Yes, but I think Adam and his dad have played those harmless tricks on his mom before.  She is a good natured woman much loved by her family

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..