Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,045 Words
  • 1,805 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 55. Chapter 55

I headed down to Mr. Rusello's quarters, and he wasn’t there. I saw one of his men, do you know where Mr. Rusello can be found?”

“I believe he’s in the new room we just opened.”

“Thanks”

I headed to the room, walking into the room, Mr. Rosello was standing by the window. “Are you thinking or looking?”

“Hello sir, didn’t know you were back.”

“Just arrived a few minutes ago. What do you think?”

“This window and room remind me of home. We had a room like this, my mother had a piano and she would play while I sat and drew.”

I looked into his eyes and he was lost in his past. “That was a beautiful memory, why don’t you paint it on that wall.”

He had a tear in his eyes, I was surprised when he grabbed me and hugged me. I hugged him back, he was a beautiful man. We stayed like that for a while. He broke the hug, “I’m sorry”

“What for, you did nothing wrong. If you paint here as well as you painted Camelot, I will be proud and so will you. Your family will look down and they will be proud as well.”

“Do you believe that?”

“Of course I do, Heaven is real and we all are being guided by our loved ones as well as our God. This room was meant for us to find it and for you to paint your mural. I believe it and so do you. By the way, you have an admirer.”

He smiled, “Yes, he watched me very close, I let him mix some paint for me and showed him a stoke, he painted a small section. Under the right guidance, he’ll be good.”

“I know where to find that guidance. I want you to find your replacement. You’re going to teach art and when the college is built, you’ll have plenty of work.”

“Oh, there you are. I’m either going to have to put a bell on you or put in an intercom system.”

“You could have called me”

“I didn’t think about that. Your dad and Brad are here.”

Whispering in Mr. Rusello’s ear, “You need to sign it”

Walking with James, “Will you check to see how the machine stocking is going, if it’s at least half stocked we can give out the coins.”

“Hi Dad” yes a hug, “I understand you have the coins.”

“Hold out your hand.”

“Wait you’re not going to put them all in my hand, they will spill all over the place.”

“Too much fish and chips I think Adam.”

Dad took out of his pocket a bag of coins. “This is 500, James has the rest.” I open the bag and took out the coin.

“Dad, these are fantastic. The boys will be over the roof with these. I know that several of these will be going out in the mail. Let’s go and have lunch and then we can discuss the audit and the next steps.”

When we walked into the cafeteria, the boys stood and clapped. I looked at James, he raised and dropped his shoulders, “And to what do I owe that applause?”

Lawrence stood, “We wanted to thank you for the mural, it’s beautiful, and for stocking the snack machines.”

“I appreciate your kindness but you are thanking the wrong person, you need to thank Mr. Rusello for the beautiful mural and you need to thank each other for the machine. My father has a surprise for you. If you have tried the machines, you know they don’t work on your coins, so my father has coins for you. When I was your age, yes I was your age so don’t laugh, once a week on Friday, my dad gave me an allowance. Of course, it was never enough, so if I wanted more money I had to do odd jobs. I’ll have Lord James draw up a list of odd jobs, that will get you additional coins. But even though today isn’t Friday, my father is going to give you 10 coins. On Friday, Lord James will give you your 10 coins.”

As each boy step forward, Dad gave them 10 coins. I watched as they looked at the coins, I saw several smiles. “James, how many will be going out in the mail?”

“That will depend on the number of brothers and sisters but a minimum of 2.”

“Adam, should we print more?”

“Won’t hurt, kick it up another 5000, that should do it.”

 

“Dad, who is left in payroll?”

“Only one clerk, she only started 3 months ago.”

“The rest, some walked away and some were taken away by federal agents. I guess the ones that walked away thought they wouldn’t get caught but they did.”

“I have to get payroll out, who can do that? Certainly not one clerk.”

“Brad prepared the payroll and we found legal documents signed by several men that have authorized the President to sign the checks.”

“ Brad, how do you know how much to pay the staff?”

“Lord James took the last payroll run, which you had and I adjusted it for the charges for food and room, that is what we paid them.”

“I’ll have to make a new list of salaries. They were being underpaid according to the national average for private school teachers. I’ll do that tonight and then tomorrow I’ll meet with them. What about the kickbacks?”

“That’s the good news, Brad and I visited each of the suppliers and told them what they did was against the law. They had a choice of paying back the kickbacks or we were going to the police and federal authorities.”

“I thought they overcharged us and the difference went to the directors?”

“That is only part of it. They did overchange you but the overcharge was split between them and the directors. They returned their half.”

“Ok, what about the directors?”

“Their bank accounts have been frozen in the US. The Feds are checking for offshore accounts. We found some numbers and passed them on.”

“Do I have any directors on staff?”

“No, they all either fled or were arrested."

"So now I need to start looking for department heads?”

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Love 17
  • Wow 5
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Just now, Chris L said:

The heads have rolled! WooHoo!!! 😂 A hidden room is now the art and music room ... Mr Rusello has brought something to the school like no other - a passion for the arts! Coins for everyone and James got a promotion to Lord. I'd say a damn fine chapter indeed! LOL!!! 

Thank you.  You must have b been on Gay Authors.  I don't think the ink was dried on my post. LOL\

Lord James is a title given to him by Adam in relation to the Square Table. Actually James isn't a secretary, he's an admiistrative assistant. He does more that type of work than a standard secretary would do..Might say he is a confidante, or ally in Adam's quest to turn the Academy around

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Wow every director took kickbacks since most of the students are sons of wealthy and in some cases well known people you would think this would make it in the media

It Probably would have if the students were American.  The Directors were clever enough to conceal their illegal activities. Plus, the Trustees never made an audit, Arlene made the audit

  • Like 4
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Kev said:

Head will roll... Well in this case departmental heads or a bunch of directors :fight:what a f*****g load of crooks. Whatever made them think that they could employ Adam and he would just sit back and watch them live like fat cats? Go Adam go! Loving the new room that Adam found and that Rusello is becoming the Art teacher.

I reckon the school will soon be inundated with requests for new students to attend. Absolutely loving the story and of course Adam:blushing: Give him a big hug for me and apologise that we failed to hook up while he was over here... Blasted weird shifts... Oh well maybe next time.😂😂

This was made for dishonest people. No oversight, trustees across the water,. never checking or auditing. Crooks left to their own, what a setup to line your pocket 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

It seems that when it rains, it pours with firing, arresting and quitting... 

New mural might be great piece of art. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Let's hope Arlene is leading the parade to the penitentiary!!!

I think she is being watched by the Feds

  • Like 2
Link to comment
5 hours ago, Hlasota said:

It seems that when it rains, it pours with firing, arresting and quitting... 

New mural might be great piece of art. 

It is as Mr. Rusello is an artist of note.  Adam, is c leaving house to ensure the boys get the best and teaching staff not being short changed.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, chris191070 said:

So Adam is looking for replacement staff in every department 

It appears he needs reliable and honest staff that he can depend on doing their job 

Link to comment
On 6/6/2021 at 7:38 PM, Kev said:

Head will roll... Well in this case departmental heads or a bunch of directors :fight:what a f*****g load of crooks. Whatever made them think that they could employ Adam and he would just sit back and watch them live like fat cats? Go Adam go! Loving the new room that Adam found and that Rusello is becoming the Art teacher.

I reckon the school will soon be inundated with requests for new students to attend. Absolutely loving the story and of course Adam:blushing: Give him a big hug for me and apologise that we failed to hook up while he was over here... Blasted weird shifts... Oh well maybe next time.😂😂

Well, dishonest people tend to think everyone is dishonest.  They can’t understand someone who works for the greater good by being forthright and truthful—in other words, honest.  Since they look for the shortcuts to get the best deal for themselves, they assume everyone is doing the same thing.  It’s sad.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment

Good chapter but the boys will be over the moon with the coins, not over the roof. 

Link to comment
9 hours ago, Clancy59 said:

Well, dishonest people tend to think everyone is dishonest.  They can’t understand someone who works for the greater good by being forthright and truthful—in other words, honest.  Since they look for the shortcuts to get the best deal for themselves, they assume everyone is doing the same thing.  It’s sad.

It is sad. These people judge others by their standards and refuse to believe someone who has the best interest of oihdrf people and is honest. You hear them say, "I wonder what his game is?" or "What's he up to". always suspicious 

Link to comment
4 hours ago, Bft said:

Good chapter but the boys will be over the moon with the coins, not over the roof. 

You are right. They will become a treasure in and of themselves

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..