Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,029 Words
  • 2,142 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 99. Chapter 99

The rest of the week went fast, seems like when you are busy, the hands of the clock spin. Dad called and said the vans are being painted, seats are on order and they have made some modifications that will improve the safety of the van. My realtor called and said the purchase of the additional land is completed, the area has been posted. Arrangements have been completed for the priest to be here as well as some of the dignitaries from Liechtenstein. I was ready for a few days at the cabin.

When I got to my car, there were 10 boys with a small overnight pack. Now my car holds 5, two in the front and 3 in the second seat. I wonder what I was going to do, I couldn’t let the boys down. I looked at Gerry with a questionable look, he pointed to the other side. I looked and saw Hans approaching, he had one boy in his car, he had room for the other 4.

Hans followed me to the gas station to fill my tank, I told Hans to fill his tank as well. Gerry went and got some snacks for the boys, he came out with a sack of peanuts for each boy. “What are you going to do with the shells?”

“Can we throw them out the window?”

“No, just put them on the floor, you can vacuum the car when we get to the cabin.”

I listened as they talked, I thought some of it was humorous, a lot was about the games. One of the boys thought we should have a golf course. I thought about that, maybe a 2 or 3 hole course might be an interesting idea. I’ll talk to Charley when I get back. I'll also bring up the idea of the new dorms and staff rooms. He’ll have to move those plants again.

Pulling into the cabin, Mom and Dad were waiting for us on the porch. As I got out of the car, I looked across the lake and there was a boat coming. I smiled, this will be the last time I’ll see her before the wedding. Hans pulled in behind me, he led his boys to a chalet and my 4 followed, Gerry would sleep in the cabin.

I went and met Marie, getting a kiss for helping her out of the boat, “How are you, ready for the big day?”

“Adam, we may have to postpone, I can’t get anyone to man the clinic.”

“Doctor Montain will be here to man the clinic.”

“How did you manage that?”

“I told him it was penance for not telling me he was your uncle. But don’t tell Mom.”

“No, Adam we shouldn’t start on your mom again. I think she has more needles than I do.”

“If you think that is something, wait until she finds out you’re pregnant.”

“I’m not pregnant and it will be a few years before I am. I want to be a wife before adding mother to that title.”

I kissed her, that is exactly what I thought.

Walking up on the porch, a kiss from Mom, Dad smiled. “Adam, how many boys did you bring,” “14.”

“Gerry said ten, where are the other 4?”

“Hans”

That was all I needed to say. Hans ate enough for 4 boys. Mom knew from when Hans was here before.

Supper that evening was baked fish, I think Mom took the opportunity to clean out the freezer. As far as I knew, the freezer was full of fish the boys caught over the past weeks, and with 10 boys, I’m sure it will be filled again before we headed back to the Academy.

Of course, there was no way we could all sit around the table. So I took my plate and headed to the porch. Marie followed, then the boys started to come out, Mom and Dad soon followed with Hans bring the roasting pan with him. The boys all laughed. It was nice to be sitting on the porch. The weather was cool, the boys were laughing, for me, it was a great feeling. If I could bottle up this feeling, I could make a fortune selling it.

“Look, look!” We all looked where he was pointing, we were too late in seeing what he saw. I surmised he saw a fish jumping out of the water. So we all watched the lake, except Hans he was too busy eating.

Just when we thought nothing was going to happen, another fish jumped, and then it was followed by another. The boys were laughing, “Sir, are we going fishing tomorrow?”

“We have to, the freezer is empty.” Mom and Dad were laughing, for these boys who probably never fished before and if they did, it was more as a witness than as a participant. The boys that were here before knew about fishing and I was counting on them to help with the new boys.

Finally, Hans was done eating, he took the pan to the boys and they put their empty plates in the pan. Hans took the pan into the cabin. Mom followed him along with Marie. Soon they came out with a piece of apple pie with cheese melted on top. Now, I knew my boys have never had this before. They looked at their plate and then at me. I nodded and smiled, “Try it, you’ll like it”

Bobby was the first, he smiled and then the others dug in. Marie brought out a jug of milk, Hans came with the glasses, Marie poured, the boys smiled.

When I walked into the cabin, I saw a sink piled high with dishes and pans. “Mom, I’ll help. That’s a lot of dishes to wash.” She just smiled as Marie took up a tea towel and handed it to me.

“You need the practice”

“Hey, I know how to dry dishes.”

“Soon I had two boys, picking up tea towels and pitching in. Mom washed, three of us dried and Marie put everything away. It was like a production line, of course, we joked around a little.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 21
  • Haha 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a great, heartwarming chapter, so tender and full of love, Hans is quite the hoot!!!

Love the idea of a golf course, Adam should build a par 3 and 4,  nine hole course, a great layout to learn on and a great game to instill sportsmanship!

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great chapter, the last few weeks before the wedding, the boys certainly enjoy the home atmosphere at the cabin, 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, DelrayDad said:

PERHAPS 200 CHAPTERS ?  I CERTAINLY HOPE SO ! STAN

I wouldn't be surprised If @CLJobe had that many ideas left for this story.200 chapters would be a record for GA if I'm not mistaken

  • Like 4
Link to comment
10 hours ago, chris191070 said:

It's great to see the boys enjoying themselves. The wedding planning is going well, almost ready for the big day.

Yes, it just a few days away

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

Somebody gonna need a bigger dishwasher with a 100 boys coming to visit! LOL!!! I see a cook shack on the horizon to compliment all those chalets. 

Naw there will be a lot of roasting hot dogs, making s'mores, and what else that can be cooked over a  fire. The chefs will handle the rest. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, drsawzall said:

What a great, heartwarming chapter, so tender and full of love, Hans is quite the hoot!!!

Love the idea of a golf course, Adam should build a par 3 and 4,  nine hole course, a great layout to learn on and a great game to instill sportsmanship!

I'm sure he is thinking about it. Don't be surprised once the College is finished

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Kev said:

It's good to see the boys having a good time, I bet they don't get much of that when they are at their home with the rents. Expectations can weigh heavy and a lot of parents fail to see what it does to the kids.

I would love to spend some time at that lake at the moment, with what's happening in the world I think it might have become my permanent base to weather this out. Loving it ... Still in love with Adam. 🥰:thankyou:

I think you are right, at home these boys don't have time to enjoy a holiday like they do at the academy

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, the last few weeks before the wedding, the boys certainly enjoy the home atmosphere at the cabin, 

A little bit of Americana. Can you imagine the letters going home

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, the last few weeks before the wedding, the boys certainly enjoy the home atmosphere at the cabin, 

Coming from an European cultural, they would truly enjoy this week-end

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, DelrayDad said:

PERHAPS 200 CHAPTERS ?  I CERTAINLY HOPE SO ! STAN

I don't think 200, but maybe close 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I wouldn't be surprised If @CLJobe had that many ideas left for this story.200 chapters would be a record for GA if I'm not mistaken

I don't think it will be 200. Maybe close. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..