Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 896 Words
  • 2,231 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 59. Chapter 59

I didn’t move too fast today, I did walk down to the dock, sat on it with my feet in the water, watching the small fish come up and nibbled. I just laid back on the dock and fell asleep. I woke up very quickly when someone dumped a bucket of water on me. I jumped up and Marie was laughing. “You looked too peaceful.”

She sat down beside me, “That’s what I needed today, peace. It’s been a hectic two weeks.”

“How is the child with apnea?”

“He’s fine now, your doctor friend is a nice guy and why did you invite him to our wedding when I haven’t asked you to marry me?”

“Your mother asked me to marry you.”

I started to laugh. “I asked you one time and you said no. Now it is your turn and I expect a ring.”

“Do you really expect me to ask you?”

“Yes, I asked you and you said no. So if you want to marry me, you need to ask me.”

She looked at me and I knew she was up to no good. She dipped that bucket before I could get up and get another bucket of water on me, she dumped it on me. When she bent over to get another bucket, I bumped her hip and she fell in. I was laughing and didn’t see her grab my leg and pulled me in. There we were, both sitting in the pond with our clothes on, soaking wet, laughing. I just pulled her back and kissed her. We were now laying in the pond, with just our heads above the water.

“I came over to have dinner with you and Mom and Dad. Now I need to go back home and change.”

“Me too, bring your dad over.”

I helped her up and into her boat. I went into the house, “What happened to you?”

“I fell to sleep and rolled into the pond.”

“Are you sure you’re ok?”

“Yes, I just need a hot shower and dry clothes. I’ll be ok.”

I did shower and was getting dressed when I heard a car pulling in. It must be George and Marie, walking downstairs and that’s who it was.

I sat down on the sofa, Dad and George were on the porch and Mom was in the kitchen making something. Then I had a terrible thought. I hope she isn’t making an English dish.

“What did you tell your mom?”

“I fell asleep and rolled into the pond.” She started to laugh, now when Marie laughs, she laughs and soon she had me laughing as well. She won’t stop laughing so I kissed her. She still kept laughing, “You know it wasn’t that funny.”

“I know but suppose she had caught us, then it would’ve been funny.”

“No, she would smile and go and plan the wedding.”

“What do you mean to go and plan, she has already planned it.”

I looked at Marie, and I knew Mom was listening. “Marie let's elope, No fuss, no headaches, we’re adults we can go anywhere and get married, what do you say?”

You could almost hear Mom gasp. “We may have to before too long or the baby will be born before we’re married.” That did it. Mom, turned and looked at me, then looked at Marie.

“Tell me you aren’t pregnant and not going to elope.”

“Mom, have you been eavesdropping on our conversation?”

“No, Adam your mother would never do that. She’s such a lovely person. Please help me up and I’ll go help her with dinner.”

“Of course, I wouldn’t want you to hurt yourself and the baby.”

We couldn’t keep it up anymore and we started to laugh. Dad and George came in and look at us, Mom was mad. “What’s going on?”

“Mom was eavesdropping on Marie and my conversation, so we started to talk about eloping for the baby’s sake.”

“They are cruel.”

“Mother, you shouldn’t be eavesdropping. I remember sitting on a swing at your house and your dad was recording everything we said in case you were pregnant and had to get married. If I remember right you got pretty mad.”

“You had to bring that up, this is different.”

“Marie, since we won’t be getting any dinner, what do you have in your refrigerator?”

“You’re not going anywhere. Sit down dinner is ready.”

“I’ll say Grace. Lord forgive my mother, I know she means well. She is so full of love she can’t wait to spoil Marie and my children. Give her peace Lord and give her patience. We give thanks for this food she has prepared for us and may it strengthen us to do your work, amen.”

“That wasn’t a funny thing to do.”

“Mom, God has a sense of humor. You didn’t, tell me you didn’t try and make onion pie?”

“I thought you liked it and that was why you told me. It’s good, try it.”

It was good, as good as what I had in England. “Mom, it’s as good as I had in England, but please don’t make this too often, it’s loaded with carbs, I think that’s why I felt so tired this week, too many carbs.”

I think all my mom heard was it is as good as I had in England. That was it.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 28
  • Love 13
  • Haha 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

OMG, I laughed all the way through this chapter at the joviality and lightness that Marie and Adam have together as well as the humor they have. Surprised dear ole mom didn't have a heart attack at the baby comment! LOL!!!! LOL!!! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
26 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I like Marie a lot but I were Adam I would get room with a steel door with three deadbolts so when I wanted a place to meditate I won't get a bucket of water thrown on me.

They seem to act as young people in love.  They both show a healthy sense oh humor

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
9 minutes ago, Chris L said:

OMG, I laughed all the way through this chapter at the joviality and lightness that Marie and Adam have together as well as the humor they have. Surprised dear ole mom didn't have a heart attack at the baby comment! LOL!!!! LOL!!! 

I'm glad you enjoyed this chapter. Tell me you didn't do these kind of antics with your husband

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

What a great, lighthearted chapter, it brought a smile and a good ending to my day...thanks!

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
53 minutes ago, Kev said:

I think that they should elope for the baby's sake ... I mean if they are not careful it will be taking the oath before they actually marry. 😂😂😂 Just imagine, an Arthurian Wedding in the room that the boys dress and ready for them. All surrounded by the Knights. WOW! I can just see it now.:glomp:

I am sure that the students will be involved in something with the wedding!

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, drsawzall said:

What a great, lighthearted chapter, it brought a smile and a good ending to my day...thanks!

your welcome. With all of Adam's problems he needed a day of relaxation and fun

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kev said:

I think that they should elope for the baby's sake ... I mean if they are not careful it will be taking the oath before they actually marry. 😂😂😂 Just imagine, an Arthurian Wedding in the room that the boys dress and ready for them. All surrounded by the Knights. WOW! I can just see it now.:glomp:

Their wedding will be different you can bet on that.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I am sure that the students will be involved in something with the wedding!

Absolutely, he couldn't exclude his army

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
14 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I am sure that the students will be involved in something with the wedding!

Yes, it will b e a spectator wedding

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Adam really needed a break to recharge his batteries, Marie it seems is going to keep him on his toes , with fun and games , I also think that the boys at school are going to have to be involved in the wedding, it could be an international wedding

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, Adam really needed a break to recharge his batteries, Marie it seems is going to keep him on his toes , with fun and games , I also think that the boys at school are going to have to be involved in the wedding, it could be an international wedding

There is no doubt that the boys will be involved in that wedding when it takes place.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..