Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 890 Words
  • 1,868 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 167. Chapter 167

The girls’ Academy was finished, and Henry’s gift was a Greek garden, including a fountain. Marie was so happy, “Daddy, you built this so I can go to school here instead of going to some other place. Several girls in my class want to go here also, can they?”

“I don’t know, Marie. The girls that will go here need to pay tuition. The school isn’t free, we have teachers to pay, utility bills to pay, and the upkeep on the building and gardens cost money. Maybe we can grant a few scholarships, but we need to set a standard of acceptance. I’ll discuss it with your mother and see what she thinks.”

I set the tuition the same as the Academy. The Board thought that was appropriate. Richard said I was late in building it. I should have done it the first year I was at the Academy, and then his daughter could have attended.

One day, I was sitting in my office when a young man entered with a cup of coffee. “Grandfather, I’m here.”

“I looked up, and there was Adam, with Gerry standing behind him. Gerry whispered something to him. In a flash, he was on my lap, hand on my heart, “It’s very warm, Father.” I laughed and hugged him, kissing him on the cheek.

“Your heart is very warm also. I’m glad to see you, and I have been expecting you. Gerry, when did you arrive?”’

“Just an hour ago, Diane and Elina are with Mother.”

I looked at Gerry and then Adam. Gerry nodded. “Adam, while you are here at the Academy, your name will be Gerry, like your father’s. No one is to find out who your father is. Some people would do bad things if they found out who you are. But, you can come to me anytime, and this lap is yours to sit on, just like your father did when he was here.”

We cuddled for a while when Gerry told him it was his turn. Gerry sat on my lap, “You know it is still as comfortable as it was when I first sat on it. Perhaps a little softer since you have a little belly now.”

“Have you had a tour?” “No”

“Let’s go.” We did. I showed him the dining hall and the study hall. Gerry explained the paintings and Oath. Then we went to the classrooms, the dorms, and then the pub. Even Gerry’s eyes widen as he saw the pub. “Would you like a mug of hot chocolate?” Silly question, I took a mug and with an indelible marker mark it Gerry II. “This is your mug Gerry, you are to keep it clean and bring it with you when you come to the pub, or you can hang it on this pegboard.” I took another mug and marked it, Gerry. “This is your mug, same rules, and you can hang it here next to mine.”

“Father, I think I’m going to like it here.”

“Yes, you will, and Grandfather will take good care of you, I’m sure. Just remember coffee, lap, and check heart.”

One of the boys came over and introduced himself to Gerry II. That was all it took. “Gerry, want to see the Dungeon?”

He nodded. I told Gerry II we would catch up later. I needed to show this gentleman the College.”

He winked at me, smart kid.

We asked past the Clinic, “Why didn’t you do this sooner?”

“Dad didn’t say the time was right. When he did, everyone agreed. I’m not sure the Board would have gone along with it. But I needed classrooms, and that triggered the whole thing.”

“How did you get the girls’ academy built if they didn’t want a sensible clinic?”

“Richard helped with that. He knew I didn’t need the Board’s approval since it was on property not owned by the schools. I could go ahead and build it as a separate school. He convinced me to get the Board’s approval, so I put together a package showing the financial projections and the Board approved the plans. And speaking of the Board, we meet once a month for no more than two days. I’m looking for another Board member, interested?”

“Is that why you wanted to show me the Dungeon? If I don’t agree, I’ll be put in chains?”

“I didn’t think about that, but that’s a good idea.”

“Oh, what is this?”

“This wall has been dedicated to the memory of our students who have joined Dad. I had to do something so the boys and teachers here would never forget Edward. I needed this wall.”

“Why the bench?”

“That was for me. One of the students saw me sitting on the floor. He joined me with a glass of wine. I told him about Edward, he remembered him. The next day when I came, the stool was there, and another student moved over and allowed me to sit there with him. We talk about Edward and what he remembered, and then I realized that Edward still lives in the memory of his friends and those that knew him at this college.”

“This is a great idea, and yes, I’ll proudly serve on your Board.” I hugged Gerry. I knew then that I could count on him as well as Richard.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 24
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

11 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. So the Academy starts to fill with the children of previous students. Time is passing buy. Gerry joing the board of Directors is good for the Academy and College because they'll need someone when Adam is no longer around.

Yes, Gerry will bring a lot to the Board. I expect as the 'sons' complete the college and assume their rightful place in their society, they will also be invited to join the Board.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Great chapter, more than time has gone by , everyone has grown up ,and we now have original boys kids coming to the academy, 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The wall of memories - the most cherished in all of the Academy and College. One has to wonder if Adam is contemplating who his replacement will be. James? A student? One has to wonder as proactive as he is - though he probably doesn't even see retirement on the horizon - I know I don't! LOL!!! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment

The future is assured now Gerry is on the board... Adam will be happier I think now 'minl me' Gerry ll is attending the Academy... fantastic chapter 🥰

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Loved the chapter. A suggestion talk to Adam if he calls Gerry's son Gerry maybe the bad guys might be able to figure that out I would think of another name

  • Like 3
Link to comment
11 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. So the Academy starts to fill with the children of previous students. Time is passing buy. Gerry joing the board of Directors is good for the Academy and College because they'll need someone when Adam is no longer around.

I think Adam will end up putting all of his sons on the Board.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, more than time has gone by , everyone has grown up ,and we now have original boys kids coming to the academy, 

Time waits for no one. Yes, the boys have grown ups and now are leading their own lives, as it should be.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Chris L said:

The wall of memories - the most cherished in all of the Academy and College. One has to wonder if Adam is contemplating who his replacement will be. James? A student? One has to wonder as proactive as he is - though he probably doesn't even see retirement on the horizon - I know I don't! LOL!!! 

You are quite young to be thinking of retiring but you should be thinking of preparing for retirement. He doesn't think of retirement. But he has a plan and Morgan will be the first 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Things seem to be well in hand for Adam, wonder what the next steps will be!

He has the girls academy to take up his time for a little while 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Kev said:

The future is assured now Gerry is on the board... Adam will be happier I think now 'minl me' Gerry ll is attending the Academy... fantastic chapter 🥰

Yes, Gerry 11 as Adam refers to him for a short period of time. Soon he will be Gerry and Gerry's father will be Gerry Senior

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Loved the chapter. A suggestion talk to Adam if he calls Gerry's son Gerry maybe the bad guys might be able to figure that out I would think of another name

I'm sure with the enrollment at the Academy there are boys with the same name. Security is tight at the Academy. Josef will be his personal guard like Hans was Gerry's

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..