Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 727 Words
  • 1,981 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 165. Chapter 165

I spent a lot of my time among the students both at the Academy and King’s College. I mingle with them at the Pub and the Dungeon. When I looked at them, I realized what Gerry said was true. I did look at them as my sons.

I notified my adopted boys that I wanted to have a vacation with them. I missed them and thought we should meet and establish times that we can get together. They were all for that.

“Marie, I was thinking of times when we could all get together. What are your suggestions?”

“I take it you mean our immediate family and our extended family.

“Yes, I don’t want to lose contact with them. I want to establish the same relationship with them that we have with Gerry. I want us to be an active part of their life.”

“Okay, the holidays seem obvious how about once a month. Certainly, the fair would be one, it is only three days, but we can extend it by going to the cabin.”

“I’ll ask them what they think and maybe get them also to suggest times. I like this idea.”

Over the next few weeks, I sent letters to my boys suggesting the get-togethers. They were all for it. I had James keep track of their comments. He brought a calendar in with the days the boys suggested. I was amazed at the number of days they wanted to meet.

“James, have you shown this calendar to the boys?”

“Yes, and they’ll agree to the calendar. I think Pierre suggested we meet at each of the boys’ homes as well as here. They all seem quite excited about it.”

“That is great. Let’s plan on it. When is the first day?”

“Thanksgiving, and Gerry wants to host.”

“Great, let the boys know, and if they need transportation, I’ll send the plane.”

When I told Marie, she just smiled, “Do you remember when we were dating, we talked about the number of children you wanted?”

“Yes, I wanted a lot, but you said no, just two. A girl for me and a boy for you, only Marie was really for you, and Adam was for me. I’m glad about that. I get to spoil a beautiful girl and at the same time enjoy my son in the manly things of life.”

Marie laughed, “Sometimes I think you have slipped a cog but look, you have seven boys and one girl. I’m not sure that is all you’ll have before we retire.”

“Yes, and I would adopt every boy here if needed be, and who knows how many girls if their guardians also ignore them.”

“You have boys here now who have a guardian, and you don’t want to adopt them?”

“I don’t have to as long as the guardians give them love and have a solid relationship with the boys. The boys I adopted hardly made contact with their guardians. They were in it for the money. If that occurred again among any of the boys, we would do it again.”

The outside walls of the girls’ school were finished, the inside work would continue over the winter as weather permitted. Henry said he was on schedule and had a surprise for me, but I would have to wait until the school was finished.

Over the next few years, we visited the boys often. We met for the holidays and the special days the boys recommended. Besides meeting as a group, we met individually.

Gerry had a son and named him Adam. We went to the naming and the christening. Marie was godmother, and Hans was godfather. I thought that was perfect. I complemented Gerry, and he said he was told to do that.

When Adam was three years old, Gerry informed us that they were expecting their second child. I had a visitor that night that told me it would be a girl, and Gerry will name her after his mother-in-law.

Gerry wasn’t the only son who got married. By the end of the third year, all of my sons were married, and now the family meeting had grown quite large. I was please with my sons’ wives, and Marie was delighted to be involved with these ladies. Family time meant a lot, and having it at different homes added to it.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 12
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow times have moved on , the family has really expanded , can you imagine family get togethers all over the world 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Some of this was in the last chapter but there was some new stuff near the end so no worries.Adam said all of his sons were married does that also include Adam and Franz? If so then that means more then a few years have past.And if I'm not mistaken that  would mean Billy already ran his second olympics and Stephan and Anna ran in their first you got to tell us what happened

I will bring you up to date before I end the story.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. Life is moving along nicely, Gerry has 2 kids, Adams family are married.

yes, and life seems to have returned normal, well as normal it can be with Adam.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Wow times have moved on , the family has really expanded , can you imagine family get togethers all over the world 

It's a good thing they have their own plane.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

For one, I'm in favor of this storyline continuing - there's still so much left write about. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a story as much as this - full of love, compassion, challenges, and above all, human beings doing the right thing and helping one another. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Chris L said:

For one, I'm in favor of this storyline continuing - there's still so much left write about. I don't think I've ever enjoyed a story as much as this - full of love, compassion, challenges, and above all, human beings doing the right thing and helping one another. 

Thank you Chris. I'll give it some thoughts 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
6 hours ago, drsawzall said:

There won't be any issue with new students if the families keep growing!

True, the reputation of the school will attract students

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..