Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 959 Words
  • 2,215 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 79. Chapter 79

On the way home, sitting on the plane, “Hans, I’m very concerned about security after what has happened. The school isn’t designed for the high level of security we’ll need now. I’m afraid that once someone finds out where Gerry is, attempts will be made and once they find out who the other students are, it’ll be worse. I’d like you to come and work for me as head of security.

Gerry said something in their language, Hans responded, Gerry smiled. “He’ll accept and has people he can trust.”

I smiled at Hans and squeezed Gerry. He hasn’t left my side since we left the Academy.

The trip home was very quiet, Han served us a small supper, I slipped some of my food onto Gerry’s plate. “Too much for me this late, you need it to grow. The only thing I would grow is my belly.”

I saw Hans smile, Gerry giggled a little as he patted my stomach. After the meal, he put his head on my shoulder and took a nap.

Hans looked at us, “He thinks very highly of you.”

“I think very highly of him and all of the boys at the school. I think you’ll see a different boy there. What he has just gone through is hard and what he needs is familiar surroundings and friends.”

Landing and then transferring to the helicopter, I could feel Gerry beginning to relax. Soon we were at the school, “Hans, remember, you are the new chief of security, you can’t let anyone know who Gerry is”

When the doors opened, I got out and handed Gerry his luggage, I could see Hans tensed. I looked at him, he relaxed. We were met by the boys as we entered the school. “Since all of you are here, I want to introduce our newest member of staff. With the college and the Academy, I thought we should start to think of security. Please welcome Mr. Hans Beck, Master of Weapons. He is head of security and will be teaching you martial arts.”

The boys each came up and introduced themselves to Hans. He looked at me, “Let’s get a cup of coffee and I’ll start to introduce you to the rest of the staff.”

I saw James as he came to welcome me back, I introduced Hans to him. “James, please tell the staff that today will be a free day, no classes but I still expect studying. I would like everyone to meet in the Dining Hall for an announcement and to introduce Hans. I guess there is a pile of mail and a list of phone calls to make.”

He nodded, “And a list of meetings as well.”

“I need to find an office for Hans”

“There’s the music director’s office on the second floor.”

“That’s fine but first we may want to make it soundproof. If I remember right, it is close to the music room.”

Walking into the Dining Hall, Hans stopped and looked around. He looked at me and then Gerry. "This is where we eat, that table is the table for the Knights of the Square Table, that mural is Camelot and that Oath is King Arthur’s oath of the Knights of the Round Table. Gerry, maybe you can show Hans around, you can explain how we operate.”

Soon the room began to fill up. When everyone was there, I introduced Hans and explained we’d be starting Martial Art training. “Flying over the Academy and knowing about the construction of the college, I thought that we were lacking in security. Most colleges have an active security force on campus, we do not. Hans will be in charge of security, so please cooperate and forward any suggestions to him. The best security is always ourselves, therefore we will have Martial Art training. I don’t expect everyone to be a black belt, but sometimes just knowing a few movements may be the difference between living and dying.”

“Doc, if you can break away, there are some pressing matters.”

I nodded, “Please make yourself known” I nodded to Marcel and I knew he would see that there were snacks.

I followed James back to the office. I saw three piles of mail on my desk. The usual mail from family, a few letters from the trustees, and one from the Ambassador. There were several contracts and one legal document from the laundry company claiming breach of contract. “Have you forwarded this to our lawyers?”

“Yes, they said to throw it away. If they persist, we will counter sue. I collected some of their handiwork.”

I started on the trustee letters, they didn’t like the idea of scholarships, they asked that condolences be expressed to Gerry. I gave those letters to James, "Filed these in case we need them in the future." The letters from the families, I would get to later. I opened the Ambassador’s letter.

"I didn’t expect to see you at the funeral. I was told that Gerry could not make it because of school requirements. So I was glad to see him and you. You now know one of the student's background and I’m sure that you understand the sensitivity of it all. I’ll be visiting soon, we need to talk.”

He must have written that right after the funeral. “James, when did this letter arrive?"

“Last night by courier.”

“I think I have a time lag or something, I’m going to bed, if you need me ring. The rest of this. I’ll tackle tomorrow morning.”

The bed felt wonderful, I was asleep in no time. Knowing all of my Knights were here and accounted for, gave me a peaceful feeling and I was in a deep sleep very quickly.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 26
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I have a hunch that we will see a few more 'high-level' students. Here's hoping the school can keep these boys under the radar so to speak!

  • Like 5
Link to comment
59 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

I have a hunch that we will see a few more 'high-level' students. Here's hoping the school can keep these boys under the radar so to speak!

Adam has beefed up security under the guise of Martial Arts instruction

  • Like 4
Link to comment
43 minutes ago, Kev said:

The ambassador is turning out to be quite a good friend... "Now you know Gerry's background..." but not only that, the "we need to talk..." has left me wondering what he has now got to tell Adam. Mind you, you would think that the President of the academy would know all of the backgrounds of the students before taking on the responsibility; there must be others similar to Gerry (maybe none that are or would be king had they not got a guardian appointed). Seeing that type of students that the school has, it makes you wonder exactly why there has never been any security. 

Love how Gerry physically settled once he was back home with Adam and his friends. Just worried now as to what is to come and how Adam and the Knights will overcome it.

Wonderful... loving the story more and more, give my love to Adam and the boys as usual.:kiss:

I told Adam he has an admirer and he sent you a kiss.🥰

  • Like 5
Link to comment
23 minutes ago, Chris L said:

Those idiot trustees should all be fired and replaced. Seriously, to tell Adam he can't use monies for scholarships, how draconian and snobbish. Hell, it's obvious by their previous demands that they're all self-absorbed asshats that wouldn't know a giving heart if it slapped them in the ass and came through the south tunnel!!!

Man has two holes, one is for words of wisdom and the other is for those that would have trouble saying anything good. The trustees (but not all, there is one devotee of Adam) are more use to using the other hole where no good comes from

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Wow after a crazy eventful week I am not surprised that he needs to rest, I imagine that some big changes are going to happen very soon, the boys will rally around to help

  • Like 5
Link to comment

It's no surprise Adam needed a rest, he's had a eventful week. Clever way to bring in Security, having a Marshall Arts Instructor. No one will treat Gerry differently, as far as there concerned he's a normal kid.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I have a hunch that we will see a few more 'high-level' students. Here's hoping the school can keep these boys under the radar so to speak!

Security will be increased that is for sure

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mikedup said:

Wow after a crazy eventful week I am not surprised that he needs to rest, I imagine that some big changes are going to happen very soon, the boys will rally around to help

We still have a wedding. There will be some changes.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

It's no surprise Adam needed a rest, he's had a eventful week. Clever way to bring in Security, having a Marshall Arts Instructor. No one will treat Gerry differently, as far as there concerned he's a normal kid.

Yes, Marshall Arts equips Adam's army, just in case he needs it. I have a feeling Gerry is going to open a few doors for Adam.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
17 hours ago, weinerdog said:

They are going to need to beef up security there could be some bad guys from Gerry's country who might have people check out the Academy they will see Hans there and put 2+2 together not  not to get dramatic but an attempt on Gerry's life is not out of the question.Could Adam use some of the country's budget only for the security of the future King that would be ethical right?

Since a number of the boys may be in similar situations, maybe their various countries could contribute to the security plans for the schools.  If just a few of them do this, it would ameliorate the costs a great deal so that it would be a minuscule cost of their education and would accommodate everyone. It could be included in their tuition costs.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

Since a number of the boys may be in similar situations, maybe their various countries could contribute to the security plans for the schools.  If just a few of them do this, it would ameliorate the costs a great deal so that it would be a minuscule cost of their education and would accommodate everyone. It could be included in their tuition costs.

I'm sure that will be a part of the financial review at the end of the year and in the final report and it will also be included in the budget for the coming year. Being in a rather remote area it's a wonder that they didn't have a security force on the premise.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Wow! Talk aboit a wicked stepmother, Gerry's reminds me of the one I had, She arranged it so that all of my father's estate went to her when he died, and later, when she passed, it was all willed to the school at which she had worked. I did not need anything from her, but she made sure that there was none of my father's estate left for me to inherit.
A security force for the school is an absolute necessity because of the many members of European nobility that are students there. In some countries of the world to be a member of the nobility is a guarantee of a short life. Training the students ti be able to take resposibility for a part  of their own protection is an excellent idea. Even a teenager can make a kidnapping very difficult with proper training.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
54 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Wow! Talk aboit a wicked stepmother, Gerry's reminds me of the one I had, She arranged it so that all of my father's estate went to her when he died, and later, when she passed, it was all willed to the school at which she had worked. I did not need anything from her, but she made sure that there was none of my father's estate left for me to inherit.
A security force for the school is an absolute necessity because of the many members of European nobility that are students there. In some countries of the world to be a member of the nobility is a guarantee of a short life. Training the students ti be able to take resposibility for a part  of their own protection is an excellent idea. Even a teenager can make a kidnapping very difficult with proper training.

In today's world, everyone needs a little training

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..