Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 812 Words
  • 2,159 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 21. Chapter 21

I texted Billy that I'd meet them at a Disney restaurant for lunch. When I arrived, Scotty ran and jumped on me. From that moment, for the next hour, he never stopped talking. “Scotty, want some lunch?”

“Will we see Mickey again?”

“I don’t know but let’s see where we can go.” Billy had already cased out the eating locations.

“There’s a hamburger place in Downtown Disney, let’s go there.”

That is where we went listening to Scotty tell me all about his morning. As we walked around he saw Goofy and we had to stop for pictures.

After lunch, I suggested that we go back to the hotel for a nap and then return to the Park. I was surprised that Scotty went along with it. I guess he was tired after walking and riding all morning.

I left Scotty to sleep while Billy and I laid out the rest of the week. We agreed to have breakfast with Disney, lunch in the Park, and Dinner with Disney. I called the receptionist to make those arrangements and to reserve the times. Billy had taken pictures of Scotty at the Park, “I wonder if we can get them blown up so we can frame them for his room?”

“If we can’t do it here, I can do it at home with the computer. I’ll just need to buy picture quality paper for the printer.”

That sounded like a good idea to me. “Your mom and dad can help pick the pictures and then get them framed. They’ll be a good souvenir of his visit.”

It wasn’t long before Scotty was ready to go again. I watched as he pulled Billy along, and Billy walked slow on purpose. I couldn’t help think about how great it would be to have a family of my own. I hope Bill realizes how lucky he is. He found the right woman and has a great family. “Uncle Adam, look there’s Minnie.”

I watched as Scotty pulled Billy along, then came back to take my hand and pulled me along as well. I guess I wasn’t walking fast enough. Billy took pictures of Scotty and Minnie and then I took the camera and got a picture of him and Minnie.

The rest of the afternoon involved rides, pictures of the Disney characters with Scotty and Billy. I knew Scotty would be tired tonight. “Boys, we should head back so we can get cleaned up for dinner.”

I thought Scotty would put up a fuss, but he didn’t. I did have to carry him for a little bit, I think he just wanted hugs, he wasn’t tired.

“Let’s take a shower, then we can get dressed and go to dinner.” I waited while Billy and Scotty got their shower and then while they were dressing, I took mine. I had taken my clothes with me so I was dressed when I came out of the bathroom. Scotty grabbed my hand as we walked to where I had scheduled dinner.

As we sat down at our table, Scotty saw Pluto. “Uncle Adam, there’s Pluto. Will he come here?”

“I think he will. Billy, get your camera ready.”

I looked over the menu, Billy order what he wanted, Scotty wanted a hotdog but I convinced him he could have that at the park and he should have the chicken nuggets. He agreed, I gave the waiter my order and then we waited to see what would happen. Pluto saw Scotty and headed in our direction, “Get your camera ready Billy.”

Pluto no sooner had his picture taken with Scotty when Chip and Dale entered the restaurant and headed directly for Scotty. The smile on Scotty’s face convinced me that this was one trip he’d never forget. As Chip and Dale moved on, our waiter brought us our food. I watched Scotty, he would take a bite and then look around for more Disney characters. I think Billy enjoyed it just as much, shooting photos of Scotty.

Cinderella and Prince Charming came and Cinderella kissed Scotty on the cheek. Billy got that picture.

Billy and I had finished eating and Scotty was still eating, he was about half done. “Uncle Adam, I’m not finished.”

“Why don’t we take it back to our room and you can have it as a snack while we watch some Disney movies?” He agreed and that’s what we did.

“Why don’t we get ready for bed, we can lay in bed while we watch the movie?”

Again I was hoping Scotty and Billy would share a bed, I was a little uncomfortable with them sharing a bed with me but no Scotty climbed in my bed. He snuggled up, looking at me, “Thanks Uncle Adam, this is the best surprise ever.” I hugged him as we snuggled and watched the Disney movie Billy had selected.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 36
  • Love 19
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I'm glad everybody is enjoying the trip .I'm no expert on this by any means but is it possible Scotty is getting too attached to Uncle Adam?Adam may have to leave town for a job opportunity or something.Maybe I worry too much

  • Like 4
Link to comment
32 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

I'm glad everybody is enjoying the trip .I'm no expert on this by any means but is it possible Scotty is getting too attached to Uncle Adam?Adam may have to leave town for a job opportunity or something.Maybe I worry too much

Young boys will attach themselves to someone who shows them attention, but if it comes down to choose, their father will always win. Adam is treated like a favorite uncle. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, Chris L said:

The innocence of a child is so beautiful and pure. The mesmerizing looks they give of seeing and experiencing life for the first time. If only the world could remain as innocent, gentle, and loving toward self and others! 

The wish of a loving and decent person. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Scotty will have memories that will last a lifetime, I suspect it is back to training for Billy once the trip is over!!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Scotty will have memories that will last a lifetime, I suspect it is back to training for Billy once the trip is over!!

Yes, it will be back to training, Adam is grooming an Olympic champeon

  • Like 2
Link to comment

What a great chapter!  Thank you!  Scotty is having the time of his life and Adam and Billy are living it with him.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Forget Scotty, can you send Prince Charming my way please??? Loving the story and totally in love with Adam, I think Scotty is bringing the paternal side of me out.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
2 hours ago, mfa607 said:

What a great chapter!  Thank you!  Scotty is having the time of his life and Adam and Billy are living it with him.  

Adam and Billy are experiencing Disney through the eyes of a 7 year old. What I wouldn't give to be Adam.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kev said:

Forget Scotty, can you send Prince Charming my way please??? Loving the story and totally in love with Adam, I think Scotty is bringing the paternal side of me out.

I think he's  bringing that out in Adam as well

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, Billy is having the time of his life at Disney and has dragged both along with him , they are having a lot of fun

  • Like 1
Link to comment
5 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, Billy is having the time of his life at Disney and has dragged both along with him , they are having a lot of fun

Disney can only be enjoyed if you go with children. Their outlook is pure, they see the Disney c characters as real, they don't look at them as a man or woman in a custume. For them it isn't Halloween, it is the real thing. Adults see a smile on their face, excitement in their voices, "look, there is Mickey"

  • Like 2
Link to comment
23 hours ago, Chris L said:

The innocence of a child is so beautiful and pure. The mesmerizing looks they give of seeing and experiencing life for the first time. If only the world could remain as innocent, gentle, and loving toward self and others! 

Very well said!!  If ONLY!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..