Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,853 Words
  • 1,888 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 153. Chapter 153

Arriving was always interesting. I was still the Father Prince, and so I had to dress accordingly, put up with the pomp and circumstance, and the escorted ride to the Palace. I didn't realize that it was almost a year since I was here. Hans pointed out the projects as we rode to the Palace.

As I entered the Palace, he immediately pulled me into a hug. "My Prince," He laughed, "Father, it has been a long time."

"Yes, son, it has been. Now I want to see this young lady that captured your heart."

He guided me to a small room. Hans whispered, this is his private living room. I laughed when I saw it, it was styled like the living room at Mom and Dad's. As I approached the sofa, a beautiful young lady stood and curtesy. I bowed, then hugged her.

"Indeed, son, I was told she was a beautiful young lady, but that did not do her justice. She will be a beautiful Princess. I congratulate both; He is very proud." Gerry knew who He was.

A young lady brought in a tray of refreshments. I knew this was the Princesses doing.

"So, let's hear it, how, when, and when is the marriage."

Gerry began. He met her at the swearing-in of one of his classmates as a Minister in his country. I knew who he was referring to, but I couldn't make it. I did send a gift. "Father, as soon as I saw her, I fell in love. Here was my Princess."

"He was very shy. I had seen pictures, and my brother told me all about him. I was anxious to meet this young man."

"Of course, I had to pretend to be slightly aloof."

She laughed, "If you call bothering my brother to introduce us aloof."

"I spent all my time with her. I was ready to call you to come and hold down the Palace until I had her agreement to marry me. Father, somehow it seemed right. The night before I had to leave, I was told she would say yes. So I proposed and she said yes. I'm a fortunate man."

I knew who told him, "Yes, you are a very lucky man, and so are you, Princess. I believe this marriage was made in Heaven." Gerry knew who I meant.

"So tell me, how is your brother?"

We talked about her brother, his name at the Academy was Edward, but that wasn't his real name. Gerry told me who all attended, and now I wished I had rearranged my schedule to attend. I learned my lesson, and I'll attend the rest of the invitations I receive.

"Father, we would like you to attend our wedding as Best Man."

"I'm flattered that you ask, Son, but surely you have close friends here who would be better suited."

"No, Father Prince must be best man."

And so it was settled. "You know that the role of best man involves making the honeymoon reservations. I'll take care of that as my wedding gift."

"Thank you from both of us. You'll have to fill in for me while I'm gone, but promise me no more hangings."

"I'll gladly occupy the Palace while you are gone, but hanging will occur with the consent of Heaven. No one will go against the royal couple. You know how strongly I feel about that. I was assigned the task of protecting you, and I will with the help of Heaven."

"We chatted, talked about Gerry's time at the Academy, the fun times, and some of the sad times. He told Diana about the Knights of the Square Table. "Father, how did that come about. I never asked you, and I know some of the parents did."

"Actually, you boys did it." I then told the story and how it grew. "I called it my army. When people fought me, I let it be known to the boys, and then miraculously, the protester backed down. It still happens today."

"Was there anything about your Academy that you didn't like?"

"Yes, Diane, the boys missed their families, and there was nothing I could do about that. I did try and provide myself as a parent when a boy hurt. My lap held many boys whose hearts were broken because a parent couldn't come or something happened that they felt unloved. I was glad I could provide some comfort. I had a rule, any boy who wanted to see me had preference over any other business. I still operate that way."

"You didn't mention about the cabin."

"You tell her, and one day she will see it."

"Father had a cabin that we used over the weekend. He started taking a few boys with him, and I was one of the first. It was just after my dad died, and he named Father as my guardian. However, he acted more like a father. Several of the boys wanted to go, so he had set up a rotation, but the problem was he could only take so many in the car along with Hans. Hans built the first Chalet, and then he brought some men over, and they built the rest. Father bought buses to take us all to the cabin. We acted like boys, went fishing, picked apples, and berries, took walks, and even ran. Father, in a way, I miss some of that."

"You Knights were the first, and now we have added three more buses, built one and two-bedroom lodges. Now not only the boys but staff as well come. We had to build a kitchen twice the size when you were there, and the picnic tables are now under a single roof so that we can feed everyone at the same time."

"I enjoyed going there, and with the Chalets at night, I could pretend I was home. Father, I think Heaven set you there. We needed you, the food was only bearable, except when our parents came. But you don't know the impact when you closed the kitchen and brought all of us pizzas. When you were in the kitchen, several of the boys heard you, and then you fired the chef and two of the workers. We knew we had a champion."

"I didn't do anything different than what I normally would do. You heard me say many times, I was there to serve the boys by providing the best education and fellowship I could. I did what I felt needed to assure you boys got a good education and plenty of good healthy food. Do you remember what they called the noonday meal?"

"Lunch"

"Yes, we called it dinner, and it was a European-style dinner. Plenty of good wholesome food, as much as you wanted with one caveat."

"Take all you want, but what you take, you must eat. I think at first I loaded my plate and then had a hard time finishing it. But then we decided to test you, we took small portions and went back, each time looking at you, all you did was smile. So we kept it up until we couldn't eat anymore. From then on, what you said we took as the law."

"I think under the old regime, you were actually on a slow starvation diet. That wasn't good. You can't expect students to do well in the classes if they are hungry. And if I remember, supper wasn't much better. One time through, and that was it."

"Yes, and then when we asked for snacks during the day between classes, you brought in the machines. I didn't realize it then, but you stocked them with healthy food, juices and milk, fruit, yogurts, and vegetable sticks."

"They were wholesome snacks. We still do that in the College as well. Did I tell you we are expanding the College by adding wings for classrooms?"

"No, and I hear rumors there's more going on."

"Yes, we are doing a little expansion. I need to keep busy. How much has the Ambassador told you."

"It wasn't him. It was Richard. I keep my fingers on you."

I laughed. "Yes, we are building a clinic between the Academy and the College. Combining the two individual clinics into one, it's a cost-saving as we don't need to duplicate items, and now we have two doctors on call."

"There's more."

"Yes, do you remember that old barn that was East of the Academy? We bought that land and built townhouses for staff. That was a big morale booster."

Gerry looked at me and smiled, "Father, that isn't all."

I started to laugh, "Yes, we are building a girls academy, only it's a secret since the Board hasn't approved it yet."

"But you are still going to do it, right?"

"You know me too well, my Prince. Yes, we will do it anyway, either as a part of the complex or outside the complex. I own the land, and I have enough money to build the Academy."

"Who owns the land the Academy and the College are built on?"

"I can't divulge that information. It was a benevolent individual who wanted to ensure no one would interfere with the schools. He's the same individual who bought the buses. I'm surprised that Richard didn't tell you about the garages we are building for housing the buses."

"I guess he didn't think it was important. You have seven buses now, right."

"Yes, and a food truck that Caleb and Gaston drive. I also had to add additional freezers."

"Tell us about the Academy for girls."

"The idea came from Marie. She was concerned that our daughter wouldn't get a good education in the public system. She said it was only fair that we had a school for girls as well. We have several staff who have children, boys have the Academy, and girls are left to fend for themselves. So I decided it made sense to have an Academy for girls. The architect is working on the plans as of now."

"Do the boys know?"

"I'm sure they do." I smiled as I said that

"What's happening?"

"We are being swamped with applications, some from parents who don't have any children and some from the boys who aren't even married. And you better send in your applications now."

"I have a standing application for my son. How do you know if I'll have a daughter?"

"Heaven said you would have two children, an heir, and a daughter to grace this Palace."

"Did he say anything else?"

"Yes, but I'll tell you when the time is appropriate. What time do you eat? It has been a long time since breakfast."

He laughed, "Hans, is dinner ready?"

"Yes, my Prince, the table is set in the family dining room."

"Family dining room, family living room, this must be your idea, Diane."

"It was Diane's idea which I support. We needed some time alone, and this will give it to us."

"I heartily approved. Diane may make a gentleman out of you yet." Gerry knew I was joking.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 24
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

When Gerry said before Adam was at the Academy that food was only bearable except for when the parents came was it so hard for the previous staff to have the food good all the time🙄 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
9 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Gerry has found himself a beautiful Princess 

Yes, the sister of one of his school friends

  • Like 2
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

When Gerry said before Adam was at the Academy that food was only bearable except for when the parents came was it so hard for the previous staff to have the food good all the time🙄 

The staff ate in the conference room and by the hidden stores, they ate pretty well

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, drsawzall said:

A great trip down memory lane!

Always nice to take these with close friends

  • Like 3
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Chris L said:

A heartfelt reminisce of endurance, transition, love, compassion, and the bright future ahead.  A great chapter to start the morning and the week ahead! ❤️

Good, I hope you have a great week.  Adam will have an enjoyable week as well

  • Like 2
Link to comment
8 hours ago, Billy Martin said:

I believe the ideal for a girls academy and the reasons Adam gave for it are both proper and noble.

Offering girls the opportunity to get a top rate education seemed only fair

  • Like 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, so great to go down memory lane . Onwards to the future

It is always nice to relive the past with a good friend . Usually starts off with, 'do you remember'

  • Like 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

When Gerry said before Adam was at the Academy that food was only bearable except for when the parents came was it so hard for the previous staff to have the food good all the time🙄 

Remember the room with all the expensive food, wine and alcohol, that was what the staff ate

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

Absolutely loving Princess Diane... Always thought our Diana brought some humanity into our royal family. Absolutely loving this new grown up Gerry... Adam will always be the Father Prince though, no matter what happens and the country will always look to him in times of need. 

Sorry can't stopped crying here... Just watched a re-run of this mornings diving ... My boys Tom and Matty won GOLD!!! tom's fourth Olympics and he finally has the same feeling Billy got when he won. Heck he calls himself the grandfather of the team... Grandpas are good... Watching him as the National Anthem played, with tears streaming down his face will forever stay with me... Fourth Olympics -16 years, diving since he was 14 in the game and finally GOLD... So, so proud. I guess heaven was watching over not only Gerry today.🥇:2thumbs:

Edited by Kev
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
14 hours ago, weinerdog said:

When Gerry said before Adam was at the Academy that food was only bearable except for when the parents came was it so hard for the previous staff to have the food good all the time🙄 

I wasn’t surprised by Gerry’s comment.  I remember my college dining hall and the meals we had on a daily basis.  When the family came for my graduation, I remember them commenting on how good the food was.  I told them the dining staff were ‘putting on the whole hog’ because the parents were on campus that day.  I had them listen to the students who were walking around commenting how great the lunch was that day, “Yeah! Way better than usual!”  Some of them figured out it was because parents were there and they wished they were there more often! (We had stopped there for lunch because the graduation timing got messed up due to weather and it had to be split it in two for indoor, morning and afternoon.  Guess who’s ceremony was in the afternoon!) 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..