Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,116 Words
  • 1,702 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 92. Chapter 92

“Sir, Johnny is here to see you.”

“Come in Johnny, how may I help you?”

“I received a letter from Billy. He isn’t happy with his trainer and wanted to know if he could train here with you as a coach.”

I found that interesting, “But he needs to be a part of the Olympic team. Don’t they all train together?”

“He said they all have the same training sessions but they also have an appointed trainer to work with them on a one on one basis.”

“I think we may have to go and visit Billy.”

“I’m ready sir.” And he was.”

“James check with Brad if he can take two more on his copter. Johnny and I have a mission.”

“Brad said no problem”

“I guess we are going to see Billy.”

The copter ride was quick. Brad and I chatted about mundane things, basketball, football.

I watched as we landed at the airport, “I have my car, can I drop you somewhere?”

I gave him the address to Bill and Jen’s house. I opened the door, indicating to Johnny to be quiet, I gave him an orange juice and I fixed myself a cup of coffee. Quietly we went and sat down in the living room.

Scotty came in chasing a cat, when he saw us he stopped dead in his tracks. Then he ran and jumped on me. “Hi, Uncle Adam.”

"Scotty, you are to big to jump on me." He just gave me a hug and a smiled.

Then Jen came down from upstairs, she looked, “Adam did you make coffee for me or just yourself.”

“The pot is hot.”

“Ok, why are you here?”

“We have been summoned on a mercy mission.”

“Billy called you”

“No, but he did send a letter to Johnny.”

“I’m sorry Johnny, you are so quiet I didn’t see you.”

“Has Billy said anything to you, evidently his trainer isn’t helping him.”

“I know he isn’t happy. He’s not only doing this for himself but also for you.”

“I need to see him, where is he now?”

“He’s at the school’s sports arena. I’ll drive you

I grabbed Scotty and we headed toward the sport’s arena, it was quite the drive. “Jen, we could have taken the copter.”

“No, I want to see him also.”

Driving into the sports arena, Johnny spotted Billy sitting on the bench. He took off to see him. I watched, Billy was not a happy camper.

He stood up and smiled as he saw Johnny and then really smiled as he saw me. Someone came over and said something to him, he told him to shove off.

I walked up to Billy and pulled him into a hug. “Let’s talk.”

“Adam, they are doing everything wrong and won’t listen. They told me that if I didn’t go along with the program, I couldn’t run in the Olympics.”

Just then one of the trainers came up. “Sam said you won’t participate so you are off the team.”

“Can you give me a letter releasing him?”

“Sure no problem, he wasn’t a good runner anyway. I don’t know how he got on the team.”

I smiled, he handed me the letter, “Billy will be running under the flag of Liechtenstein. He will win a gold medal, and you will lose. Let’s go Billy you have some training to do.”

The guy was going to say something when Johnny whispered something to him. He looked at me, I smiled and began to walk away. I heard a loud noise, one of the runners fell and looked like he broke his leg. Billy and Johnny ran over, “Lie still, the paramedics will be here.”

“I’ll take care of this.”

“Are you a paramedic?”

“No, but it is only a sprain.”

“Not with his leg like that.” I wasn’t going to let him touch the boy. Someone tapped me on the shoulder I was ready to fight, it was a doctor with two paramedics.

The boy was lifted into an ambulance, with the doctor, they were gone. “Billy, let’s go and see your advisor.”

I introduced myself and indicated that Billy will be running under the flag of my country. “I would like to take him to my country to train properly. Is there any way he can continue his studies while there?”

“If you have internet capability, pick up his assignments and send them in that way.”

“Sir, many of these courses are taught at the Academy. He could stay there and finish these courses before the Olympics.”

“What Academy is that young man?”

“It’s the Knight’s Academy, sir Dr. Blake is the President of the Knight’s Academy and King’s College.”

I saw his face change, something clicked. “Did you give a two-week seminar last summer?”

“Yes, I did”

“You are recruiting two of this college’s best PhDs.”

“That may be so, I’m recruiting a lot of staff from the two seminars.”

“He didn’t like that Sir.”

“No, he didn’t, go with Billy and help him to get ready to leave,”

I called the airport and had the copter come and pick me up to return to school. "Johnny, go home with Billy and Scotty, when he’s ready he will call me. I’ll send the copter for you and Billy, Billy, get all of your assignments for the rest of the semester. Let’s go boys.”

Billy, Johnny and Scotty walked away, chatting a mile a minute. The copter landed, I told Jen, the boys would be going back with her and they can tell her all about the exciting news.

Waving goodbye, I was on my way back home, back home, I thought about that, in many ways the school was my home. I called Marie to get the latest update on Anton and to tell her I was leaving for the cabin. Anton was doing well and there is a slim chance they will be back on the coming Monday.”

When I got to the cabin, I saw Hans had complete one chalet and started on a smaller one. Gerry told me he wanted one of his own. It was the middle of the following week when a large truck approached the cabin. Hans met them and spoke to them. I looked at Gerry, "They are chalet contractors from our homeland." Within one month, I would have enough chalets to house 60 kids, 6 to a chalet.

I just sat on the porch and watched, the school would begin in a few months and that meant Marie was going to get her wish. We picked the last week in September, new students would be settled and I could take some time off.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 17
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Well because of Adam Billy has the option of running for Liechtenstein but one thing I would have been tempted to do when the one trainer said Billy wasn't any good was to challenge their "best" runner to a race.When he wins the medal I would like  Adam to tell someone from the media that he could have ran for the U.S. but his coach said "he wasn't any good".

I might have this wrong  bit two times you mentioned a Bobby was that suppose to be Scotty?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
49 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

Well because of Adam Billy has the option of running for Liechtenstein but one thing I would have been tempted to do when the one trainer said Billy wasn't any good was to challenge their "best" runner to a race.When he wins the medal I would like  Adam to tell someone from the media that he could have ran for the U.S. but his coach said "he wasn't any good".

I might have this wrong  bit two times you mentioned a Bobby was that suppose to be Scotty?

Let me review that and I'l;l get back to you.  You might be right

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Sounds like Scotty may had a doppelganger or multiple personalities!!😉

I would imagine when Billy wins his gold medal, there will be some earthquakes and tremors in the US Team once they find out Billy could of run for the US!!!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
CLJobe

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Sounds like Scotty may had a doppelganger or multiple personalities!!😉

I would imagine when Billy wins his gold medal, there will be some earthquakes and tremors in the US Team once they find out Billy could of run for the US!!!

Adam thinks Billy is a shoo in. He might  be right

Edited by CLJobe
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

Just a quick note as I have a huge weekend full of extra shifts...

I love how Johnny is looking after Billy... He went to the one person that he knew would step in and who had the ability to make a difference in Billy's training. I would love to see that lake area when all of the chalets are complete; I bet it is quite an area.

Felt a little lost as I couldn't remember who Anton was... sorry. 😢😢😢

Edited by Kev
  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, Kev said:

Just a quick note as I have a huge weekend full of extra shifts...

I love how Johnny is looking after Billy... He went to the one person that he knew would step in and who had the ability to make a difference in Billy's training. I would love to see that lake area when all of the chalets are complete; I bet it is quite an area.

Felt a little lost as I couldn't remember who Anton was... sorry. 😢😢😢

Anton was the boy with the broken leg that Adam met when he was honeymooning 

 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I just reread this chapter and, again, I thought that Coach who told the runner he just had a sprain was not at all good at his job. Only the most callous,careless person would tell an athlete who has fallen to get back up before being checked out by a medico. He could have not only destroyed his athletic career, he could have handicapped him for life! If Adam could see it was more than a sprain, that Coach most certainly should have.  He should be reported for neglect and endangering his athlete and fired.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
29 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I just reread this chapter and, again, I thought that Coach who told the runner he just had a sprain was not at all good at his job. Only the most callous,careless person would tell an athlete who has fallen to get back up before being checked out by a medico. He could have not only destroyed his athletic career, he could have handicapped him for life! If Adam could see it was more than a sprain, that Coach most certainly should have.  He should be reported for neglect and endangering his athlete and fired.

It was a good thing one of the men had called the doctor. He saved that young man. There are always people who when in authority seemed to make dumb arse decisions, i.e. that coach.

  • Like 1
  • Angry 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..