Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 755 Words
  • 2,060 Views
  • 18 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 88. Chapter 88

Two months seem to go fast. Dad and Brad came and performed the financial audit, with their help, we issued an Annual Report. Lawrence came to me the week before school was to be closed and indicated he wanted to stay at the school until the college opened. “Doc, we want to stay here until the college opens, we’ll take courses on the internet.”

“If your parents agree, I need a signed request by them. I’ll also need to approve your courses. They have to be in line with the College’s courses.”

Classes end, parents arrived, graduation ceremonies took place. Seth opens the fair with trumpets. I watched from my perch as the kids walked around, booths were attended by Seth’s people, and our security people were on high alert.

The joust was a big success, awards were given on the last day, everyone got an award for something. I was pleased that the art created by the students was sold, there were a few pieces, which I bought. I met some of the enrolling class, brothers of the current class.

I was walking back to my office when I heard someone crying. I followed the sound, “Adam, why are you crying?”

“My parents told me I had to stay at the school again this summer.”

“Where are your parents?” He pointed them out, “Come with me.”

Back in my office, I drafted an agreement giving me custody of Adam for the summer. “Get your parents to sign this. You’ll have a great summer.”

He ran off, I saw his dad read the document, looking at me. He signed the paper. Now I know these boys have a mental link, along with Adam was Thomas. He had scribbled a document giving me guardianship until the end of July. Now I had three boys, Adam, Thomas, and Gerry.

The three boys stood next to me as their parents drove off. There were a few tears, why wouldn’t there be. Marcel fixed that, he told the boys to sit down, apple pie with a big serving of ice cream.

“We are going to have fun this summer. I have a few seminars to give here at the school, you can come here with me or stay at the cabin. Gram and Gramps will be there as the lovely Marie.”

“Are you going to marry her?”

“Yes, right here at school and the Knights will be a part of it.”

“What are we going to do at the cabin?”

“We are going to fish, camp out, and take long walks in the woods. Maybe, will do something else, I know an Italian restaurant that would love to see you.” I winked at Gerry. “You’ll have fun and learn a little about American history and the role your country played in our Independence.”

I noticed they had finished eating. “Go and pack your suitcases, leave out enough clothes to travel in tomorrow. Will leave early.”

I had two weeks before my first seminar. Seminars weren’t new to me, I gave them at the University. I wonder how this group would react, they were educators from some of the most prestigious schools.

Arriving at the cabin, Gerry took over. He led the guys to their rooms, showed them around, and then showed them the lake. As if on cue, a fish jumped out of the lake and splashed back in. They were smiling and as Marie’s boat came to the dock, Gerry did the honor. Being gentlemen, they escorted her to the cabin. ”

After dinner, we were sitting on the porch listening to the sounds, when I saw a car approaching the cabin. I have never seen this car before, “Boys, get in the cabin and stay there until I call you.”

As the car got closer, I saw a big man driving it, the car stopped and when the driver got out I recognized Hans. “Hans, welcome.” That’s all it took for the boys to rush and jump on him. I introduced Hans to Marie, she offered him a cup of coffee. Hans said something to Gerry. Gerry looked at me, rubbed his belly, went into the cabin, and came out with two sandwiches and a coffee. Hans hugged Gerry. I knew now that all of the boys would see that Hans was well taken care of.

I noticed a few yawns, so I helped the boys get ready for bed. Gerry slept by himself and the other two boys bunked together. Hans had the third bedroom.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 20
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter, I get the feeling that this story is coming to an end, if so I hope that you are going to write a part 2 to this story, Adams adopted family is growing rapidly

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Something about the way Hans approached the cabin, even though we know he was there for security, gave me the impression Hans is one of the outcast boys as well only older. May not be accurate and he's just looking after Gerry and the boys but that was the feeling I got as reading. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
5 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Adam's family of boys is growing, with Hans there he has security as well.

Yes, I picture Hans as a tall, fit man who has a deep knowledge of martial arts.  The kind of man who would be a body guard to someone of importance.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, CLJobe said:

Yes, I picture Hans as a tall, fit man who has a deep knowledge of martial arts.  The kind of man who would be a body guard to someone of importance.

I keep picturing someone like Vin Diesel.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

This story is not coming to an end. I have at least xx chapters to go

Thanks so much , this has been a really entertaining and enjoyable journey

  • Like 5
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, Clancy59 said:

I keep picturing someone like Vin Diesel.

That would be ok as well. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Yay!!!!

“This story is not coming to an end. I have at least xx chapters to go”

And we could all pray for Book 2!!!!

Seriously, I truly appreciate all that you do with you entertaining stories, it is greatly and much appreciated!!!Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Yay!!!!

“This story is not coming to an end. I have at least xx chapters to go”

And we could all pray for Book 2!!!!

Seriously, I truly appreciate all that you do with you entertaining stories, it is greatly and much appreciated!!!Season 8 Wow GIF by The Office

 

Thank you.  I hope you will enjoy Adam's story up to the end

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

You momentarily  confused me when you named the new kid Adam.They are going to have to come up with a name for him at the cabin for the grandparents to call him.The poor kid was going to stay at the academy all summer?Why did his folks even bother to have a son if they are too busy for him.

Out of 60 boys, one of them had to be named Adam. Maybe I'll change this name to Lil Adam. No way was Big Adam going to let his stay at the Academy through the summer.If necessary, Adam would stay at the Academy. If a son was important to continue the line, then they would have a son. even if that son  didn't live with them. This I don't understand, but there are men who don't consider themselves men unless they have a son. Go figure

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Awesome... Wonderful .... Still in love with Adam, even if he now has three other boys vying for his love.😢 looking forward to seeing Marie and Adam get married. I hater seeing how some parents throw kids like these into school and just leave them there, then they expect them to be well rounded and stable. The world needs leader, yes... but the children who become leaders need love and that should come from parents if the boys are going to know how to lead the world. Parents are all too willing to be released of their responsiblilty, it's the "I've had the brat, now take the little bugger away!".😠 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
10 hours ago, Kev said:

Awesome... Wonderful .... Still in love with Adam, even if he now has three other boys vying for his love.😢 looking forward to seeing Marie and Adam get married. I hater seeing how some parents throw kids like these into school and just leave them there, then they expect them to be well rounded and stable. The world needs leader, yes... but the children who become leaders need love and that should come from parents if the boys are going to know how to lead the world. Parents are all too willing to be released of their responsiblilty, it's the "I've had the brat, now take the little bugger away!".😠 

I think there are more children in this world who miss the love of a parent or parents. There aren't enough Adams in this world.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..