Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,076 Words
  • 1,858 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 154. Chapter 154

Sitting at the table, a young lady brought in an antipasto. I looked at Gerry, and he started to laugh. Hans went and brought Moma into the dining room. I couldn’t believe it. I had to give her a hug and a kiss on the cheek. “Moma, this is a big surprise. How long have you been here?”

“Gerry, oh excuse me, my Prince, I keep forgetting who you really are. Gerry brought me here a week ago to teach his staff how to make Italian food. I’m going back with you.”

Looking at Gerry, “You were serious about Moma coming here to cook.”

“Yes, and now she’ll be here for the wedding. Then she’ll be famous all over Europe.”

Moma couldn’t eat with us. She had to go back to the kitchen to help prepare our meal.

Dinner was excellent, I miss Gerry, and I guess it was evident. Diane asked if we were close. I let Gerry answer, “I call him Father because all of the boys who didn’t have a family were adopted by him, and they called him Father. The other boys called him Dad out of respect. But to us five, he was our Father. When my Dad was dying, he placed me in his hands. It was the wisest thing he ever did. To me, he’s my Father, and if you ask my brothers, they’ll tell you the same thing. You’ll get to meet them at the wedding.”

“When is the wedding?”

“In June, just after the fair.”

“But here at the Palace, right?”

“Yes, of course.”

“Good, I’ll just plan on staying until you get back.”

I stayed two more days; I had the chance to check out the runners. In the morning, Hans and I started to run, and then I noticed boys joining us as we ran. “Hans, any good Olympic material here?”

“Yes, take a look at the boy right behind you. I run with him each morning.”

“Have him run up here with us. I want to check out his style.”

Hans yelled something, and the lad kicked it up until he was alongside us. He looked good. I dropped back a little to see how he was doing. He had potential.

Finishing at the Palace, I watched him cool down. “Hans, you been teaching?”

“Yes, what do you think?”

“He has potential, and I’d like to take him back with me and have Billy look at him. What do you think?”

He spoke to the boy. He looked at me and then Hans. He asked Hans if he would also be going. Hans told him no, he had to protect the Prince.

“Son, come with me, and I’ll guarantee you that you will run in the Summer Olympics. I want you to meet Billy, the last Olympic champion.”

He looked at Hans. Hans nodded his head yes.

“Hans, go with him and get his parent’s permission. I’ll also need a paper giving me the right to provide medical care if necessary. I’m leaving in two days so he’ll have to be ready. He doesn’t need to worry about clothes. I’ll provide some for him.”

After taking a shower and getting dressed, I met with Gerry. “There was a young man who ran with us this morning. He has potential, so I’m taking him back and getting Billy to work with him. Hans is getting his parent’s permission slip now. You know my Prince, we may have another Olympic runner.”

“I think Hans mentioned it and was hoping you had a chance to see him run.”

“Well, I did, and he has potential. I’ll bring him back when I come to cover for your vacation.”

“Vacation, I’m not going on vacation?”

“Honeymoon, that is like a vacation.”

Hans came back that evening. “You don’t know what you started. That home is so excited, they have told their relatives and the neighbors. I wouldn’t be surprised to see it in the newspaper.”

“That’s putting a lot of pressure on the lad.”

On the day we were leaving, Moma was packed, I was in my USA clothes, I had the authorization paper, and I was ready to go. I always hated leaving Gerry, but I knew he was in good hands, and I had my family at home.

“Hans, we’ll stop on the way to pick up the lad.”

Saying goodbye is always hard. There were tears in Gerry’s eyes and mine, “I’ll let you know how we’re doing on the expansion hopefully before Richard.”

We drove to the boy’s home. “Hans, what’s his name?”

“Stephan Weber”

When we stopped, I went to the door to let Stephan know we were here and ready to leave.

We had to have tea, “Stephan, are you taking anything with you? If you are, get it now, and we can leave as soon as we have our tea.”

Hans patted him on the back and smiled. His parents couldn’t do enough for us. “You have a potential gold medal winner. I’ll work with him until I come back for the wedding. He will come back with me.”

“Saying goodbye and thanking his parents for the tea, we left.

On the way to the airport, Hans spoke to Stephan while I talked to Moma.

I don’t think Stephan fully understood how we were going to get to my home. When he saw the plane, he began to talk to Hans very rapidly. I was only able to get some of what he said.

The co-pilot took his bag and Moma’s bag, stowed them in the luggage compartment, then we boarded.

Hans came on board, spoke to Stephan, hugged him, and left. Moma just watched. She opened her bag and put some cookies in front of Stephan. I knew they were her almond cookies, the best cookie I ever ate.

“While he was eating the cookie, we started to move. I went and sat next to him. “Relax, this will be fun. By the time you come home, you’ll experience a lot of flying and new experiences.”

At flying altitude, the copilot served a light dinner. I laughed. Stephan looked at it, and I know what he thought. “Is this dinner?”

“No, it’s an appetizer.”

I notified the copilot to serve dinner to the young man. Moma and I were okay with the lunch.

When the copilot picked up the empty plates, he brought Stephan’s dinner. There was a smile.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 19
  • Haha 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I know how Stephen felt when the food was placed in front of him on the flight. I get food placed in front of me and I'm like WTH, a mouse would've eaten less! LOL!!! LOL!!! 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

And the pipeline of Olympic talent is born!

I love Italian food, manga!

I'm calling the baby sweepstakes, the future ruler of the kingdom will be born 9 months after the honeymoon!

Anyone want to place odds on the over/under on boy or girl? I'm rooting for a daughter!!

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, drsawzall said:

And the pipeline of Olympic talent is born!

I love Italian food, manga!

I'm calling the baby sweepstakes, the future ruler of the kingdom will be born 9 months after the honeymoon!

Anyone want to place odds on the over/under on boy or girl? I'm rooting for a daughter!!

I'm going with twins

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Stephen is going to be a winner with Adam and Billy as his trainers and in his corner... Mama and her cooking turn international and cooking for the wedding will make her famous.

I totally want an invite to the wedding, but as it is a royal wedding I'll accept it being televised... I see the Knights playing a full part in the ceremony and I reckon Diane will realise just how important they are to Gerry by that time... Yep, I agree baby blues and nappys all over the palace by the end of the first year. Future Prince I reckon will be called after his two fathers. 

Loving it as usual:thankyou::2thumbs::thankyou:

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, chris191070 said:

I'm going with twins

Great guess, think one will be a girl, and born first???😄

200.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment

Thats the one thing that is truly universal no matter what country teenage boys with huge appetites. 

DoesAdam now know German well enough to communicate with Stephan?I guess the Academy or college has a German speaking runner yo work with Stephan amd Billy 

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment

Great chapter, Gerry is a fine leader he is taking his country forward into the future, Adam has it seems increased his fa, even if for a short while

  • Like 3
Link to comment
13 hours ago, Chris L said:

I know how Stephen felt when the food was placed in front of him on the flight. I get food placed in front of me and I'm like WTH, a mouse would've eaten less! LOL!!! LOL!!! 

Thinking about Stephen, he must have confused thoughts, leaving home, being with Father Prince and a plane, copter flight. I would like to be able to look into his mind and read his thoughts.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Stephan is going to have a great experience working with Billy 

He's going to have a great experience at the Academy as well

  • Like 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, drsawzall said:

And the pipeline of Olympic talent is born!

I love Italian food, manga!

I'm calling the baby sweepstakes, the future ruler of the kingdom will be born 9 months after the honeymoon!

Anyone want to place odds on the over/under on boy or girl? I'm rooting for a daughter!!

Yes, and running will come, as well as skiing , to be an Olympic event for Liechtenstein. I have it that his first born will be a boy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
12 hours ago, Kev said:

Stephen is going to be a winner with Adam and Billy as his trainers and in his corner... Mama and her cooking turn international and cooking for the wedding will make her famous.

I totally want an invite to the wedding, but as it is a royal wedding I'll accept it being televised... I see the Knights playing a full part in the ceremony and I reckon Diane will realise just how important they are to Gerry by that time... Yep, I agree baby blues and nappys all over the palace by the end of the first year. Future Prince I reckon will be called after his two fathers. 

Loving it as usual:thankyou::2thumbs::thankyou:

Yes, I suspect you might be right, One month on a deserted island is sure to produce a heir 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
10 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Great guess, think one will be a girl, and born first???😄

200.gif

I'm not sure about twins but that is always a possibility.  I think one of them, will be a boy and a boy will be first. I wonder if a princess ever led the country in the past.  Need to check my history.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Thats the one thing that is truly universal no matter what country teenage boys with huge appetites. 

DoesAdam now know German well enough to communicate with Stephan?I guess the Academy or college has a German speaking runner yo work with Stephan amd Billy 

The boys in the Academy speak five languages of which German is one. Adam has learned German, not perfectly, but what is called  conversational German.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, Gerry is a fine leader he is taking his country forward into the future, Adam has it seems increased his fa, even if for a short while

Gerry wants the best for his country. With Adam's help he is comfortable and feels competent. Now he is ready to move to the next step, marriage and fatherhood

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..