Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 620 Words
  • 1,794 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Adam Blake - 133. Chapter 133

At the end of the first week, when we were back from the Olympics, we flew home. When we arrived, there was a horse-drawn carriage, musicians were playing our national anthem, I remembered how Marie and I stood at the entrance of the plane, and I whispered to Billy what he’s to do.”

Exiting the plane, Hans led us to the carriage, and we proceeded through the city. As I expected, the people tossed flowers, the children ran up to the carriage and shook his hand. A lot of men did as well. It was a hero’s welcome.

Over the next two weeks, Billy attended a few parties, but for him the best time was when some of the boys asked him if he would run with them. He had to show them how to warm up and cool down after running. I knew there would be several boys who wouldn't forget Billy and try to emulate him.

Flying back home, Billy sat next to me. “Uncle Adam, I couldn’t have done this if it wasn’t for your encouragement.”\

“I always knew you would do it. Remember our conversations when you visited me at the University? I told you then that you would have a gold Olympic medal. Now you’ll need to run again in 4 years. I think we’ll have more boys to walk out with you next time when you carry our flag. You have inspired the young men of Liechtenstein to try and win a medal as well.”\

I was proud of Billy. I remember Bill asking for my help. I don’t think he thought his son would win a gold medal, let alone be Olympic material.

Wrapping up the school year was always an emotional parting for me. As the boys’ parents come to pick them up, we had a lot of hugs going on. Staff was in front of the school, giving and receiving hugs as well. My ten graduates were smiling. They knew they would be back to start college.

Seth again had put on a fantastic Medieval Fair. Of course, even the college kids had to try out the jousting ride. One of the college juniors came to me as I was watching everything. “Where were you when I needed you?”

“I was teaching teachers. I’m sorry I wasn’t here for your Academy years. You are here now. That’s what counts.”

“Dr. Blake, this is my brother who will be entering the Academy this fall.”

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Blaine. I look forward to greeting you in the fall. Do you have any friends that attend now?”

“Yes, sir, my cousin attends now.”]

That was when Alfred came up to me, “Hello Sir, I see you have met my cousin.”

“Yes, Alfred, and I hope he’s as good a student as you are.” They both smiled as a man came to get them. I was introduced, but he was not their father. He introduced himself as their uncle. I knew he wasn’t their uncle but more of a minder. He walked behind the two boys.

The school was out, the staff went on vacation or stayed at the school. Chefs headed to France for a summer of work. Many of the staff just went visiting relatives or took a vacation. One week at the cabin and then two weeks at Liechtenstein and then back at school for my two seminars for my sons and me.

Holding Richard to his promise, I spent the next three weeks visiting the homes of my sons. I was overwhelmed at what I saw, I knew who they were, but the wealth they would control, that I now did in their name, was staggering.

Copyright © 2021 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 33
  • Love 19
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great start to the new year at school and the college, the togetherness is awe inspiring, plus they never stop learning even on weekends away

  • Like 4
Link to comment
36 minutes ago, mikedup said:

Great start to the new year at school and the college, the togetherness is awe inspiring, plus they never stop learning even on weekends away

the cabin instruction is based on having fun, a break from their studies. At the cabin they learn about what it would be like to be a boy in the US. A normal boy and not a boy of the privilege 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Kev said:

I love how all of the boys has his own character, Evan is quite a card and Marie just plays up to him and makes it worse! The time that Adam has now is going to be torn, or he needs to have two heads... One for the Academy and one for the college. It will be interesting to see how things develop.

My guess Adam will spend about 25 percent of his time on college issues and 75 percent of his time on the Academy

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Looking forward to seeing how the college works with the academy students, wonder if there will be any mentoring!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

Looking forward to seeing how the college works with the academy students, wonder if there will be any mentoring!

That is always a possibility especially with Academy students moving into the College

  • Like 5
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..