Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    Headstall
  • Author
  • 156 Words
  • 1,057 Views
  • 12 Comments

Headstall's Reflections - 35. Chapter 35 Love Will

This came out as is... was tempted, but didn't tinker at all... it is what it is :)

Headstall’s Reflections

 

 

Chapter 35 Love Will

 

 

What I don’t know fills the biggest book

Oblivious for a country mile

But there can be volumes in just one look

And there’s no mistaking true love’s smile

 

Love will suffer the fires of hell

Dive into Mount Vesuvius

It’ll climb a greased pole to ring a bell

And never view us as dubious

 

Love will chance to drown in rain

And take on dragon-fire for our cause

Endure the most horrendous pain

Even stretch and break some laws

 

But it need not do any of these

Only hold me when I need

Treat me well and strive to please

Kiss it better when I bleed

 

It’s enough to know it waits for me

Late at night in candle’s glow

To prop me up and let me see

We are a river in constant flow

Is there anything more important than love? I don't think so... I hope you enjoy this... romance rules....

Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 75 members · Last active

A fan club for Headstall to chat about his stories as well as home to CoTT House of Cards Chat Topic

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I do adore your romantic soul :hug: True love would do so many things for us, but you're absolutely right, all I really need is to know its there waiting to hold me when I return home.

Link to comment
On 11/28/2016 08:07 AM, LitLover said:

I do adore your romantic soul :hug: True love would do so many things for us, but you're absolutely right, all I really need is to know its there waiting to hold me when I return home.

Exactly, Lit. No grand gestures... just love me... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

Nice Gary. I'm not quite the romantic you are, but my relationship with Michael is everything to me. Even when it's damaged, I'll fight for it rather than walk away. And he's always been there when I needed him.
Thanks for this.. tim xo

Link to comment
On 11/28/2016 08:31 AM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice Gary. I'm not quite the romantic you are, but my relationship with Michael is everything to me. Even when it's damaged, I'll fight for it rather than walk away. And he's always been there when I needed him.

Thanks for this.. tim xo

You're a lucky man, and so is he... thanks for your support, timmy... cheers... Gary xoxo

Link to comment

Oh, this is sooooo good! I want to wrap this up as a present to all those who I hold dear, I want to keep it by my bedside for days when I feel crummy. It is awesome, Gary. You really caught it perfectly this time!

Link to comment
On 11/28/2016 09:56 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, this is sooooo good! I want to wrap this up as a present to all those who I hold dear, I want to keep it by my bedside for days when I feel crummy. It is awesome, Gary. You really caught it perfectly this time!

Thank you so much, Parker. This one poured out like quicksilver, so I'm pleased it worked for you... sometimes it's best not to mess with what bursts forth, I guess... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
On 11/29/2016 02:06 PM, Defiance19 said:

Aww.. Gary That was so beautiful done. Last 2 stanzas brought it home...

Great job..

Thank you, Def. I'm so pleased you liked it... there can be pain to love, but it can be wonderful too... what it gives... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

I used to think that Love is what separates us from other species, but research has shown that this may not be true--there are many species who mate for life, and pine away when their mate dies, and most shockingly surprising of all--there are some humans who don't feel it at all.
Perhaps what truly separates us from other species is the Hope that we'll find that One True Love--and continue the search if we don't succeed....I'm dismayed that in our search, we can never be certain that we've found it--all the signs may be there, but since we can't become one with another person's innermost thoughts, there lingers some tiny niggle of doubt?
Perhaps only in our dreams can we find that undoubted and eternal love, and that's why romantic fiction exists, to spur us on in our quest?

Link to comment
On 11/29/2016 05:35 PM, ColumbusGuy said:

I used to think that Love is what separates us from other species, but research has shown that this may not be true--there are many species who mate for life, and pine away when their mate dies, and most shockingly surprising of all--there are some humans who don't feel it at all.

Perhaps what truly separates us from other species is the Hope that we'll find that One True Love--and continue the search if we don't succeed....I'm dismayed that in our search, we can never be certain that we've found it--all the signs may be there, but since we can't become one with another person's innermost thoughts, there lingers some tiny niggle of doubt?

Perhaps only in our dreams can we find that undoubted and eternal love, and that's why romantic fiction exists, to spur us on in our quest?

Interesting thoughts, CG. I agree humans aren't the only ones who feel love. You only have to look into a dog's eyes to know how they feel about their person. In my experience, I feel I always know when someone loves me... I can be fooled, but not for very long. But, sometimes love, by itself, is not enough. They can still love you, and not be the best person. I never want the grand gestures... just the security... much love to you, my dear friend... and I think you're right that romantic fiction fills a very important void for many... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

Love. It shouts to the highest peak and whispers in the wind...
Gary, I love where your thoughts took you with this poem.

 

As always, nicely done, my friend. :)

Link to comment
On 12/12/2016 10:39 AM, Reader1810 said:

Love. It shouts to the highest peak and whispers in the wind...

Gary, I love where your thoughts took you with this poem.

 

As always, nicely done, my friend. :)

Exactly! And the whispers are just as powerful as the shouts... thank you, Reader :hug:

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..