Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    Headstall
  • Author
  • 116 Words
  • 1,363 Views
  • 26 Comments

Headstall's Reflections - 51. Cursed

Sometimes I wish I was callous.

Headstall’s Reflections

 

 

Chapter 51 Cursed

 

 

Peace, blessed peace

An elusive tease

A slippery mistress

Staying out of reach

Ghosting my fingertips

My brain, my heart, my soul

Before retreating

I would appease you

Cherish you

And hold you close

If you would approach

Yet you linger and taunt

Impossible to grasp

Do I ask too much?

What am I doing wrong

That you would desert me

And leave me bereft of content

I am so tired of games

So do what you will

I am my own master

But I am a failure

When ugliness presents

Why does it not slide away

Like you do

I am cursed

An unsettling and sleepless night... maybe this will help. Thanks for reading.

Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 75 members · Last active

A fan club for Headstall to chat about his stories as well as home to CoTT House of Cards Chat Topic

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



May your troubles be over soon

and a smile will grace your day

I will sing you Looney Tunes

to keep your misery at bay

 

:kiss:

  • Like 4
Link to comment

I can't imagine anyone deserting you. But I can empathize with the sentiments of your poem extremely well. You always weave emotions into your words so well, Gary. Skillfully captured. Wishing you solace and a chance for sleep - we all need it around here. <hugs>

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Very well written. Emotion captured loud and clear. 
 With so many of us restless... I suggest a group vacation! 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Had too many of those sleepless nights myself, G-Man...at least then the weird dream of running naked in a maze pursued by something Unseen wasn't the reason for waking.  You'd think that was a relic of teenage angst?

Try a glass of schnapps before bed.

xoxoxoxoxo

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The peace you write about is slippery and multilayered. What peace is there in restless nights, or fevered hearts or lonely spirits? I stand with you, support you, embrace you as my brother and give you what little peace I have.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 10:43 AM, Lyssa said:

:hug:The day seems one of serious themes. The poem is touching!

Thanks, Lyssa :hug:  It's pretty raw....

Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 11:16 AM, hohochan657 said:

May your troubles be over soon

and a smile will grace your day

I will sing you Looney Tunes

to keep your misery at bay

 

:kiss:

Wonderful, hoho... thanks for your sweet caring :hug:  

Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 0:12 PM, northie said:

It's very easy to imagine you're cursed in the sleepless small hours but you're not. OK?  A better night's sleep will see you more on an even keel. :hug:

No, I am... but it is also what makes me me :) ... thanks for your support, northie :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 0:17 PM, Reader1810 said:

:hug: Your words always make me stop and ponder. :)

Thanks, Reader... pondering... yeah, been doing a lot of that... thanks for the support :hug: 

Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 0:32 PM, MacGreg said:

I can't imagine anyone deserting you. But I can empathize with the sentiments of your poem extremely well. You always weave emotions into your words so well, Gary. Skillfully captured. Wishing you solace and a chance for sleep - we all need it around here. <hugs>

Peace has, but I will search and I will find... thanks for the support, Mac... :hug: 

Link to comment
On 5/18/2017 at 1:02 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Oh Gary.. it's sad and heartbreaking and there seems so much of it now. I wish for you peace and ease for your aching soul. xxxx   The poem is beautifully written as always. tim xxoxo

Thank you, tim... disappointment abounds... appreciate your support :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
23 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

Very well written. Emotion captured loud and clear. 
 With so many of us restless... I suggest a group vacation! 

Thank you, JP ... appreciate the support :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Just now, Headstall said:

Thank you, tim... disappointment abounds... appreciate your support :hug: 

Preaching to the converted, Gary.. wish i could take you for a beer.. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
21 hours ago, dughlas said:

If I but had a magic wand ...

I know, dugh... thanks for your support... :hug: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, ColumbusGuy said:

Had too many of those sleepless nights myself, G-Man...at least then the weird dream of running naked in a maze pursued by something Unseen wasn't the reason for waking.  You'd think that was a relic of teenage angst?

Try a glass of schnapps before bed.

xoxoxoxoxo

LOL... you made me laugh again, buddy :hug: xoxoxoxoxo

  • Like 2
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Parker Owens said:

The peace you write about is slippery and multilayered. What peace is there in restless nights, or fevered hearts or lonely spirits? I stand with you, support you, embrace you as my brother and give you what little peace I have.  

Thanks, Parker... you're sweet :hug: 

Link to comment
19 hours ago, LitLover said:

Peace... so elusive, especially in the wee hours of the morning. :hug: 

So tired of seeing the ugliness hiding in plain sight ... thanks for your support, Lit :hug:

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, Mikiesboy said:

Preaching to the converted, Gary.. wish i could take you for a beer.. 

So, you and CG want me to drink... :)  a cold beer would go down well, tim... CG's schnapps... not so sure :unsure: ... thanks...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

So, you and CG want me to drink... :)  a cold beer would go down well, tim... CG's schnapps... not so sure :unsure: ... thanks...

i want to drink..just not alone... and we all sound like we need one or 20

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..