Jump to content
  • Join For Free and Get Notified of New Chapters!

    Are you enjoying a great story and want to get an alert or email when a new chapter is posted? Join now for free and follow your favorite stories and authors!  You can even choose to get daily or weekly digest emails instead of getting flooded with an email for each story you follow. 

     

    Headstall
  • Author
  • 290 Words
  • 938 Views
  • 12 Comments

Headstall's Reflections - 39. Chapter 39 Self Indulgence and Trying

A pathetic rant... and a kick in the pants.

Headstall’s Reflections

 

 

Chapter 39 Self Indulgence

 

 

Sometimes Life’s a bitch

We all know it

Sure, she gives us bounty

But she steals from us too

Slowly or quickly

She decides

Sometimes so fast

You lose your ability to breathe

When you least expect it

Snap!

You’re shit out of luck

Makes you wonder

If she doesn’t thrive

On cruel irony

You finally figure out what you want

The right thing for you

No

You finally figure out what you don’t want

Clear vision after years of blinders

Snap!

Your ticket’s punched

How fair is that?

Or you find that one—finally the right one

Snap!

The other end of the country

TWICE!

Fuck you, life

Yeah, wah wah

Crybaby

Tomorrow’s another day

Maybe I’ll feel differently

But today—TODAY, life

You fucking suck

And if you don’t agree with me

Screw you and the horse you rode in on

Don’t try to placate me

This is my rant

Hard to be gracious

When I’m gripped by the balls

Just do me a favor

Don’t gloat

Leave me be for a goddam minute

Pick on someone else

While I lick my wounds

 

 

Trying

 

 

The sun kissed me today

Took me in its warm embrace

And topped up my soul

Stayed with me

While I fought to regain balance

A comforting presence

Like a lover's touch

Piercing the darkness

With rays of peace and hope

The crunch of snow

Beneath determined feet

Adding music to the warmth

Reminding me to keep moving

And that I am not alone

I’ll see you tomorrow, sweetest sun

And I’ll bask in your love

While you and time work your magic

Feeling lost, and trying to find my way. Thanks for reading.

Copyright © 2017 Headstall; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9

Story Discussion Topic

Open Club · 75 members · Last active

A fan club for Headstall to chat about his stories as well as home to CoTT House of Cards Chat Topic

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Your rant isn't pathetic - far from it. :hug: Everyone needs to let off steam - why should you be an exception?

 

Sunshine heals many things. :)

Link to comment

So you went for a walk in the snow ... there was sunshine and fresh air. You say you're lost, tim says no just misplaced, I think perhaps just touched by a bit of winter dormancy with time you'll bloom again. All things in its season. Namaste my brother.

Link to comment

:hug: and :thankyou:
What am I thanking you for, you may wonder? For putting words, well thought out wonderful words, to what we all have felt from time to time.
And the sun! How wonderful it feels when, not feeling at all like the you you like to be, and you step into the sunshine. Oh yes. Like a hug from a dear friend.
I'm sorry as hell you are feeling lost. And yet feeling blessed that you have the words, and the courage, to share this with us. :heart:

Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 07:35 AM, Mikiesboy said:

You're not lost, Gary, you're just misplaced. Give yourself a bit of a break and, ta-da!! You'll be back.

Thanks for reading, tim... I'll be back... yeah... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 08:21 AM, northie said:

Your rant isn't pathetic - far from it. :hug: Everyone needs to let off steam - why should you be an exception?

 

Sunshine heals many things. :)

Yes, sunshine is not to be taken for granted. I think I'n done ranting... thanks, and cheers... Gary...

Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 10:05 AM, dughlas said:

So you went for a walk in the snow ... there was sunshine and fresh air. You say you're lost, tim says no just misplaced, I think perhaps just touched by a bit of winter dormancy with time you'll bloom again. All things in its season. Namaste my brother.

Yeah, that's pretty much how it appears, dugh... not quite all of it, though... thanks for being there... cheers.. Gary....

Link to comment
On 12/31/2016 11:26 AM, mollyhousemouse said:

:hug: and :thankyou:

What am I thanking you for, you may wonder? For putting words, well thought out wonderful words, to what we all have felt from time to time.

And the sun! How wonderful it feels when, not feeling at all like the you you like to be, and you step into the sunshine. Oh yes. Like a hug from a dear friend.

I'm sorry as hell you are feeling lost. And yet feeling blessed that you have the words, and the courage, to share this with us. :heart:

Well said, molly. :hug: Thanks for understanding, and for the support... cheers... Gary....

Link to comment

Hey, G-Man, no worries. :hug:
How many times have I done the same thing--countless numbers...especially when life just seems to say 'He hasn't suffered enough, let's screw with him some more...'
So, complain away--you're doing it in a way which brings understanding to us, and elicits waves of sympathy and empathy back to you...and if I may say...smiles too.
Someone has the talent to share with us those things we feel, but don't have the words to confess.
xoxoxoxo

Link to comment
On 01/01/2017 11:24 AM, ColumbusGuy said:

Hey, G-Man, no worries. :hug:

How many times have I done the same thing--countless numbers...especially when life just seems to say 'He hasn't suffered enough, let's screw with him some more...'

So, complain away--you're doing it in a way which brings understanding to us, and elicits waves of sympathy and empathy back to you...and if I may say...smiles too.

Someone has the talent to share with us those things we feel, but don't have the words to confess.

xoxoxoxo

Thanks, buddy. You're right... we all need to let out our frustrations sooner or later. Sometimes, Life challenges up in the most difficult ways... cheers, my friend... Gary xoxo

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    You probably have a crazy and hectic schedule and find it hard to keep up with everything going on.  We get it, because we feel it too.  Signing up here is a great way to keep in touch and find something relaxing to read when you get a few moments to spare.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..