Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,760 Words
  • 948 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 199. Chapter 199

Walking home, “Jean, would it be possible to have the museum police there? I’m afraid someone might try and destroy Michael.”

“I can have two of the museum police there.”

Tonight I’ll ask GG to be there.

As usual, I stopped at the patisserie for fresh bread and wine. Jean picked out some pastries.

“You know if we keep eating these pastries, we are going to need to jog to the museum.”

“I only eat these when you and Roger are here.” That caused us to laugh. For some strange reason, it felt good to laugh.

Walking into the house, “It’s awful quiet. Wonder where the boys are?”

“We are in the kitchen. Charley is making dinner.”

Looking at Jean, mouthing Charley?

Walking into the kitchen there was Model Boy cooking something but if iI's half as good as the smells, he may have a job.

“Dad, did you notice?”

“Notice what?”

“I told you he wouldn’t notice.”

“Careful there, Model Boy.”

“Dad, come with me and I’ll show you what you missed.”

Walking outside, he pointed to the top of the door. There was a carving that looked like it was made for a mantle clock. As many times as I saw it, it was a decorative piece of wood. But no longer, it now contains an angel and a bluebird.

Looking at Carl, “When did you do that?”

“Today, Grandmere asked me to do it. What do you think?”

“I think I’m going to change your name to Armand. I’m so glad you did that. I should have done it when I came for her funeral.”

The hug that followed said he was proud. I can’t help at times to remind myself of his background before coming to the Home.

“Tomorrow, when we are finished protecting Michael, we will come home for you to protect your angel.”

I couldn’t help it, I pulled him into an embrace. I was proud of him and I didn’t care who knew.

Walking back into the kitchen, “Well what did he say?”

“Not what you think. Dad, tell him.”

“Well Model Boy, I think he did an excellent job and I couldn’t have done better. Now let’s see how your dinner turned out.”

“”Dad, we need to wait for Uncle Roger.”

“Let’s not I am hungry.”

“Didn’t Christian bring you home?”

“No, I told him I needed to walk, I have a lot of thinking to do.”

“Model Boy, is dinner ready.” I poured us a glass of wine as I said that.

Sitting at the table, we observed a moment of silence. Except for my moment, I had someone talking to me. GG told me that Grandmere was extremely happy what Carl had done. Be careful with your painting of the Angel. I asked her if someone was going to try and destroy it. My reply, be careful with it. The tables amen brought me back to the moment.

I don’t know what was in the dish Model Boy created, but it one delicious. Raising my glass, “Model Boy, I don’t know what the is but is extremely good. From now on, Model Boy is no longer, now it is Chef Boy.”

Everyone raised their glass and complimented him. I saw the tears and I would bet this was the first time he had ever received a compliment.

Later that evening I asked Jean to get Chef Boy a passport, “I’m taking him home with me.”

That evening I asked GG what she meant about her warning. “Michael said not all prayers were answered the way God’s people wanted. They blamed him. Just be careful.”

“Did Grandmere really like Carl’s angel.”

“Yes, he has his own Angel now.” I smiled as she said that. I slowly fell into sleep listening to the creaks of an old rocking chair.

 

I felt the bed shaking, Chef Boy and Colin were grinning. “Dad, Uncle Alex said to get up.” I glanced at the clock, it was 7:30. I overslept by 30 minutes.

Twenty minutes later I was downstairs. It doesn’t take long to shower and dress, Except at home, as I was wondering why, then I remembered. I miss him.

Walking to the Louvre the four of us, making small talk, stopped to say good morning to the priest and Grandmere, I heard the creaking of an old rocker. I knew she would help.

“Dad, Charles wants me to go with him to his job at the University. Can I go?”

“Yes, but be careful.”

I was going to tell Chef Boy if anything happened to him I’d find him and he would wish he never met me. With these thoughts in my head, I heard, “He will be fine.” Along with the sound of the rocking chair.

 

Arriving at the Louvre we followed Jean to a side door I never knew it was there. It led to a small room, it was an employee door. We no sooner closed it when it opened again and these two men entered laughing. When they saw Chef Boy, one of the men grabbed him. “I have been looking for you most of the night. Did you forget our appointment?”

“I’m sorry, he was with my friends and me. I wasn’t aware he had another job to do.”

“Forget it. You can have him.”

The look on the boy’s face I had seen before. Carl whispered, “Dad”.

“Don’t worry” Smiling, Carl relaxed.

“Jean, who is going to help us.” He introduced me to one if the men when the door opened and another man entered. He then introduced him to me. We had our crew without the man who grabbed Chef Boy.

Following Jean. we ended up in the basement and there before us was our angel. The men carefully took it following Jean. “Carl, follow him, I’ll bring the lacquer and rushes.”

“Sir, about that man.”

“It’s okay Charles. We can talk later. Now we need to add wings to the painting.”

Following everyone, we ended up in the lobby. Looking around, I saw several possible places. Following Jean, we were on the third stairwell. He pointed to the wall.

Sending one of them somewhere, he began to instruct the other man how he wanted the painting set. The man measured the wall and spoke to Jean who was nodding his head in approval. The other man returned with a kneeler. Now it was time to hang the picture, The boys and I watched. These men under Jean’s direction knew what they were doing. I was surprised by Jean. The museum would be foolish to ever let him go.

 

Then the painting was hung. I grabbed Carl, now we need to add the lacquer.

With two people painting it doesn’t take long. The painting’s second coat was finished a half hour before opening. Standing back and looking at the painting I would swear that Michael winked.

The kneeler was polished and in place. The other guy went away and came back with a small stand with a wide mouth jar on it. I wondered which room it came from. Then the doors opened.

Chef Boy said he had to be at the university by 10:30. “Let’s go and get a cup of coffee.”

We walked to the restaurant where I usually met up with my friends. Sitting outside we ordered coffee, bread, and cheese. I looked at Chef Boy, there were tears in his eyes. I reached across the table, took his hand, “Don’t worry. Have faith in the angel.”

I know it is challenging to have faith in something when all hell breaks loose, But Chef Boy doesn’t know GG and me.

The boys left for the university, “Jean, I want to take that boy home with me. No one should have to put up with that boy must live, He’s Carl’s friend. I have a job for him in the kitchen at the Club.”

‘I’ll see what I can do. Unlike you, I don’t work miracles.”

“I don’t believe that. Let’s ask Michael.”

Walking to the Louvre we heard people talking. “It seems your new painting is all the rage.”

“If you get the supplies I may be able to start prepping while I am here.”

Walking into the Louvre, Jean went to the receptionist, “How is it going?”

“I am getting phone calls from other museums asking if a painting of an angel is going on tour. What angel? There isn’t one listed in the brochure.”

“It came in last night and is on tour by the owner. This is the name and phone number of the owner. Tell them he is out of town right now working on a new project.”

Meeting up with Armand, “You know you could make a lot of money putting that painting on tour.”

“You can do the next one.”

“Let’s take a look.”

“First we need to get there.”

“Follow me”

“I’m coming also.” Looking where the voice came from there was the receptionist.

So the three of us went to the floor above, so instead of walking up to the painting we walked down to the painting. The nice thing was the stairwell we were on provided an almost eye-to-eye with the angel. I was watching the people. There was an old couple, I wished I good read lips. They appeared to be talking to the angel. They looked at each other, smiled, and had a quick kiss. I smiled, whatever Michael said or they thought he said gave them a moment of happiness.

“Look” pointing to the entrance there were Carl and Chef Boy.

“Jean, wave to them. I’ll go get them.”

“Dad, we need help.”

“What’s the problem? Slow down and tell me.”

“We were walking to that restaurant after class when these two guys started to follow. Charles looked scared. I asked him if he knew them he said yes. But he didn’t want to do that anymore. Dad, I told him what my dad made me do. Help him, he’s my friend.”

“Okay, go and stand next to Uncle Jean.”

I watched as the boys went to stand next to Jean, I looked at the entrance and I knew if they didn’t come in they would be waiting outside. Joining the boys, I put an arm around each of them.

Jean decided now was a good time as any to get started on Chef Boy’s paperwork. He and Jean left for Jean’s office, Carl stayed with me watching the crowd in front of our painting.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 17
  • Love 21
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

9 hours ago, akascrubber said:

The new angel painting is touching lives and is a hit at the Louve. Armand is set on saving Model Boy/Chef Boy. He must be in a bad situation with the men who want him for terrible purposes. He is hopefully soon to be on his way to the US and safety.

Carl and Armand have made a great impact with the angel concept. I hope they continue to paint more. GG should be behind them.

You can bet that GG is behind them. They need to paint an Angel for the Louvre. I wonder who GG is going to show them which angel to paint.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
12 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Yes, and he has no idea what is going to happen. 

He will be smothered with Love , Given the Tools to Help Him Shine as A Chef In Training . Carl is His New Brother too ! 

  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 7/31/2023 at 11:07 PM, JohnnyC said:

He will be smothered with Love , Given the Tools to Help Him Shine as A Chef In Training . Carl is His New Brother too ! 

You are right. i think that Armand said the club's kitchen will truly be French.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..