Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 671 Words
  • 2,315 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 30. Chapter 30

Waking up, "Armand, hurry up and get dressed. I'm hungry."

"Didn't think you would want breakfast after all the food you ate yesterday."

"I walked most of that off."

"In your dreams. I ate what you ate and I'm not hungry. I can wait until lunch time."

"I can't, I burn food off faster than you."

"Okay, we'll have breakfast here." I don't mind giving into Colin's desires as I benefit in other ways.

 

Breakfast at our hotel was typical for European hotels. Breakfast food is brought to a large table and it was a serve yourself. The only problem, soft boiled eggs quickly turn into hard boiled eggs. Initially the hot eggs are wrapped in a hot cloth to keep them warm, this results in the eggs continue to cook, so when you think it's a soft boil egg, it's actually a hard boiled egg. Colin didn't mind there was other food, sausage, cheese and fresh bread that satisfied his hunger.

"What are we going to do today?"

"We will walk to some other sites that you will like. At one time there was a country on the southern coast of Italy, called Venezia, Venice. They built a place called Piazzo Venezia. That will be our first step. From there we'll go to a place where you will need three coins.

"Where is that, and why do I need three coins?"

I started to hum the tune to Three Coins in the Fountain. Laughing, "We are going to the Trevi Fountain." I nodded yes. He smiled, with his last bite of his food, "Let's go."

Holding hands, we headed to the Forum, only this time we walked through the Forum, past the restaurant where we ate last night. "Can we eat there again on the way back?"

"Yes, but we will have lunch after seeing the Fountain."

It was a pleasant walk, I think all historical sights can be easily reached by walking.

 

Entering the Piazzo, "This is consider the central hub of Rome. Several main roads intersect here, including the Via del For Imperially and Viabdel Coro. Two main roads in Rome."

"Where did the name come from? If this is an important place, I would have thought it would have been called Piazzo del Rome instead Piazzo del Venezia."

"On the very south of Italy some people feeling left out of Rome, created there own country called Venice. This Piazzo was the home of the Embassy of the Republic of Venice, and Cardinal Pietro Barbo built a palace here called Palazzo Venegia. Barbo became Pope Paul II. That church is called the Church of Saint Mark, Patron Saint of Venice."

"What is that building?"

'That building is called Vittoriano, short for Mole del Vittoriano. It is known by other names, I'll Vittoriano and Altore dell Patria. It was dedicated to Vittorio Emanuele III, the first King of Italy, and also it is where the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier can be found."

"Italy was a member of the Axis power during World War II, they surely didn't honor any of those soldiers."

"I had the same thoughts when I saw it. No, the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is in memory of World War I, 1918-1921. They also have a perpetual burning flame at that memorial."

I was glad that Colin liked photography. he toke several photos of that building. "Who is that on that horse?"

"That is suppose to be Vittorio Emanuel."

"I never knew Italy had a king."

"When we get home, you can read about him. The last king was Umberto II, who reigned until 1946, although he was involved in turning the government over to Mussolini in 1944. After the war, Italy became a republic.

I waited until Colin had finished taking photos and reading everything that was in English. "Let's go and make a monetary donation." He looked at e with a confused look until I started to hum the tune of Three Coins in the Fountain.

,

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 20
  • Fingers Crossed 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

No, the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is in memory of World War I, 1918-1921. 

When? Is this set in a parallel universe with different dates, and if so, what caused that war? Was it the ostrich (Brits will probably get that, Americans , probably not)?

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

@CLJobe great chapter. I would love to see Rome, and other parts of Italy, but the part that I would really love to see is Pompa.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 4/17/2022 at 3:05 AM, Paqman said:

No, the Tomb of the Unknown soldier is in memory of World War I, 1918-1921. 

When? Is this set in a parallel universe with different dates, and if so, what caused that war? Was it the ostrich (Brits will probably get that, Americans , probably not)?

 

This story  is written for current time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 7/3/2022 at 7:00 PM, Albert1434 said:

It would be a wonder to be in Itay and I wish I was!

i agree, Italy has a lot to offer. And the food, GREAT

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
3 hours ago, bjrh008 said:

@CLJobe great chapter. I would love to see Rome, and other parts of Italy, but the part that I would really love to see is Pompa.

No one should go to Italy and not see Pompe. History comes alive

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..