Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,949 Words
  • 1,402 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 120. Chapter 120

Monday morning I was surprised, no boys in our bed. I guess swimming in the pool last night tires them out.

“No boys this morning. I guess we will have to go swimming every night.”

“It wasn’t only the swimming but also the wine they drank.”

“Did you encourage them to drink wine?”

“Yes, I wanted someone all to myself , for a change.”

That got him a kiss and it was nice to sleep with Colin without the fear of four boys attacking you. Certain routines were missed by me.

Dressed, we went to pick up the boys. Marie said they were still sleeping.

“I guess they don’t want to go exploring today.”

“Wait Dad, Pop.” It's probably the fastest they ever got dressed. We did have to wait until they made a pit stop. Every time they said that made me understand they were getting older. I wonder what other colloquium they will pick up.

While we waited, Marie said she would like to see the Church of the Family.

“I’ll bet our parents would like to see that church as well.”

“It is close to our hotel, we can start there. Then we can see more of Gaudi’s architecture.”

“Yes, we can show then the sentinels.”

So that was the plan for today.

We planned on having breakfast in the hotel while we plan our day. Doing a Gaudi tour, having lunch at one of the tapa’s bars, more touring, dinner at Louis’s and then the evening on the roof. Sounded like a full day for us.

Sitting in the dining room, having breakfast, Mary mentioned we were close to the famous church called Sagrada Familia.

“We are close to the Church so we can tour the Church and Park Guell which will take 4-5 hours. Then we can stop for lunch. How does that sound?”

 

There was some discussion as we walked toward the Church. When you first see the church, and if you hadn’t seen it before, you are struck with the genius that designed it. And when you realize that it took several years to bring it to the state it is in now, you must recognize the genius of the design and construction. I watched Mom’s face as she looked at the church. The wonder of what she saw came across in the expressions on her face. I new this will be something she will never forget.

“Dad, what do those three columns represent?”

“The Holy family, the father, the mother and the child we know as Jesus.” I saw the cogs start to fall in place. I was sure Richie was aware of the beliefs of Christians.

We paid for tickets to view the interior of the church. Colin and I had seen the inside when we were here before and seeing it again I still marveled at the interior of the Church.

After two hours, we left the Church to continue our tour. I thought Mom and Mary would have liked to stay a little longer. The Church was an easy walk from our hotel.

Our next stop was the building where the Sentinels were on the roof. “Dad, those are like we have on our roof.”

“Yes, Pop wanted them. These sentinels overlook the city and they say they provide safety for the city.”

“So are sentinels providing safety for our home?”

“Yes, but I think Pop wanted them as a reminder of our trip here.”

“Dad, I have to go to the bathroom.”

“There is a men’s room on the first floor.”

“Dad, I have to go the other way.”

“Colin, take the group to your tapa restaurant. I need to take Tommy to the bathroom at the hotel.”

I didn’t need to explain why, he knew just by looking at Tommy.

Tommy and I walked very fast back to our hotel. Arriving at our rooms, I opened the door to Colin and my room. Then as we were leaving, I heard a noise in the boys suite. Thinking that it might be the room cleaners, I listened at the door.

“Hurry up, you don’t know when they will return.” That were a man’s voice.

I went into my room and called the desk. I told him that there were men in the suite I rented. I wanted to know who they were and are they employed by the hotel.

“I’ll send security up.”

Now I knew something wasn’t right. In a few minutes, the hotel manager with two security personnel was at the suite. Tommy and I stood aside as one of the security men opened the door. Two men pushed the guard aside as they tried to leave the room. The second guard was in front of them and soon they both were on the ground, handcuffed. The manager started to ask them how did they get in the room. Before they answered a young man was walking by with a cart. The manager asked him if he let these men into the room.

“Yes, they stopped me when I was bringing the lunch tray for room 3-10. They said they misplaced their key and could I let them in.”

The manager took the boy aside, Tommy and I watched. I saw the boy say something, the manager said something, I heard the manager say he didn’t care he no longer had a job here. The boy tried to say something, but the manager ignored him. The security men took the two men to the elevator.

“We are sorry about this. Let me know what is missing or destroyed and the hotel will reimburse you.”

“Did you just fire that young man?”

“Yes, he knows he isn’t to let other people into a room without checking with the desk.”

“Where is he now?”

“He’s cleaning out his locker.”

“Tommy, let’s go and find that young boy.”

I stopped at the desk and asked where were staff locker rooms. The desk clerk pointed to a side door. “Tell Alesander I’m sorry.”

Walking through the door indicated by the desk clerk, we saw the boy sitting in front of his locker crying. I didn’t need to look at Tommy, he was moving toward the young man.

“Is your name Alesander?” I knew it was but I wanted him to look at me.

He nodded his head, looking into his eyes, I saw desperation and a young man in misery. “I don’t know if I can help you, but when you are checked out, I want you to come and have lunch with us.”

Slowly, he cleaned out his locker, putting his personnel items in a paper bag.

Slowly he told me his story as we walked to the Tapa’s bar that Colin liked.

Alesander lived with his mother, his dad was a fisherman who had a fatal accident. I didn’t probe any further but changed the subject to fishing.

“Alesander, do you know some good fishing spots? I wouldn’t mind taking our dads fishing.”

“My grandfather has a fishing boat. It’s the one my dad worked on with my grandfather. If you want to go fishing, I could ask him.”

“Let’s go and have lunch and then you can show us your grandfather’s boat.” That got a smile.

Walking into the Tapa restaurant that Colin liked, I saw them in the back. They were sitting at tables. When Colin and I was here, we sat at the counter in front. The tables sat four to a table, the Grands set at one table, Colin and three boys were at one table leaving Tommy, Marie and Alesander at a table with me.

Colin kept looking over at me, I knew he wanted to know who the young man was. I took Alesander’s arm, “I’m going to introduce you to the rest of my group.” I started with Colin, and the other boys. I had introduced him to Maria when we sat down.

Taking him to introduce him to the Grands, “This young man’s, introducing Alesander, grandfather has a fishing boat. I thought tomorrow the men can go fishing and the ladies can continue tours. When we get back at the hotel, I’ll arrange a tour for you ladies. Dad if you prefer to take tour I can arrange that.” I knew there was no way they were going to give up fishing for a tour.

During lunch, the topic was fishing. “If we walked to the wharf after we finish, could we meet your grandfather?”

“I’m not sure his boat will be there. He might be fishing.”

“Let’s walk there.” After what the boys and Colin had eaten, a walk will do them good.

The ladies said they would like to go back to the hotel. We would meet up there after we checked out the fishing boat.

Following Alesander, Colin and I had a chance to talk to him. The boys walked with the Dads. Alesander said he liked fishing only his grandfather didn’t make enough money. He applied at several hotels and was hired at our hotel.

“How long have you worked there?”

“Tomorrow would have been 4 weeks.”

I thought the hotel manager over reacted.

Walking along the street we could see the ocean. Then we came to a street that Alesander said would lead to the docks. Walking that street, we began to smell the ocean and soon, the smell of the ocean became stronger. We came to a wooden board walk that seem to parallel the ocean, then we started to see boats tied to the wharf. “Which boat is your grandfathers?”

“He’s at the end.”

Continuing to walk, I noticed the Dad’s checking out the boats. On the left side of the board walk there were stores selling fishing rods, fish baits, nets and other paraphernalia for boats and fishing equipment. We followed Alesander until he started to run. He headed to the last boat tied to a wharf. By the time we reached the boat, he was hugging an old man. We stood there watching. The old man saw us, he must have said something to Alesander, Alesander broke his hug and introduced his grandfather to us. I introduced our fathers, Colin and the boys to Alesander’s grandfather.

“Grandfather, these men want to go fishing.”

The old man looked at his grandson, there were tears in his eyes. “Alesander, I have no fuel and no money to buy any fuel.”

I told my dads what the grandfather said.

“Alesander, if your grandfather can take us out, I’ll advance him money to buy fuel. He can deduct it from his fees for taking us fishing.” I watched as Alesander told his grandfather what I said. The old man smiled, nodding yes.

“My grandfather thanks you. He is going to buy enough fuel to take him to the fuel depot and fill up. He wants to leave very early tomorrow morning.”

“Can we go with him to get fuel?” I knew the boys would enjoy the ride. He waved us aboard. Alesander took a metal can, walked to the depot, filled the can and returned. He poured the fuel into the filling port of the boat, his grandfather started the engine, the boys got on the boat with our dads. Colin and I walked to the depot where the captain would fill his fuel tank.

The boat pulled up the dock. the boys watched, when the tank was full, I paid.

We would need fishing rods, I was going to buy them when Alesander told us his grandfather has fishing equipment.

Walking back to our hotel, the boys were excited about going fishing. Truth be told, so were our dads.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 28
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 11/14/2022 at 9:45 AM, scrubber6620 said:

 Armand along with Colin decided to help a young man who they thought was wrongly fired. It is strange that thieves tried to steal from their hotel rooms in such a blatant manner. I hope they are not targeted for more stealing. The group must look wealthy.

Armand was looking for a way to help the young man, Alesander' They found out his grandfather has a fishing boat and met him. They visited the boat and liked what they saw. The adult men and boys are excited about going fishing tomorrow. They will help out the young man and his grandfather and maybe give him enough money to continue fishing. and make more money.

Armand has a great heart

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/14/2022 at 10:55 AM, mikedup said:

Well so much for no drama, this had drama in buckets full , I wonder what will happen to Alesander now ,no doubt Armand will have a word with the manager ,the men are I think going to have a great time fishing, something is going to happen,I feel it in my bones

Ahhh, the old bones trick. knowing Armand you know he is not going to let Alesander suffer from an honest mistake

  • Like 5
Link to comment
23 hours ago, weinerdog said:

I'm glad they had compassion for Alesander yeah he messed up but he's just a kid.If I remember right Armand knows some restaurant owners there I think perhaps he could get him a job somewhere.

Was Sagrada Familia mentioned last time Armand was in Spain? It sounds familiar.It's still not "finished" from what I understand

yes, when he and Colin whee there for their honeymoon.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 11/15/2022 at 6:15 AM, drsawzall said:

Well a lot going on in this chapter, somehow I suspect Alesander will land on his feet!

For those interested in Sagrada Familia, click on the link below...

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Sagrada+Familia+images&atb=v314-1&iax=images&ia=images

Thanks for posting this link @drsawzall The pictures are so beautiful.  Like I said before, Barcelona is #1 on my bucket list, and this cathedral is one place I want to see the most!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I have not doubt that GG has struck again.  The timing was too perfect.  Alesander needs help, and I think GG knows how to get it to him and his grandfather.  Maybe there will be a painting or two as a result.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..