Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 660 Words
  • 1,607 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 59. Chapter 59

The flight home was routine for us but not Carmella. I could tell she was tense all the way. I have never heard the sound of relief as I did when we landed at JFK. Colin’s mom and dad would meet us. I never saw anyone with such a relief on their face as we deplaned as Carmella’s. I think if she was a younger woman, she would haver kissed the ground.

We cleared customs and went to pick up our luggage, one final check post and we were heading for John and Mary.

Colin introduced his mom and dad to Carmella. I translated for Carmella while Colin explained to his parents that Carmella didn’t understand English. Mary asked questions and I played interpreter.

Driving up to the club, I wonder what Carmella would think. The gate leading into the club had a sign over the arch mantel stating Colin’s Hell in Latin. I don’t think Colin knew what it said.

Dad pulled up in front, Colin got out and opened the back door for his mom and Carmella to get out. I slid over and followed Carmella. I told John to drive around the back and will meet him in the kitchen.

Walking up to the front door, I pointed the printing above the door to Carmella. She laughed, I had to tell Colin what the Latin words meant.

Walking into the club, I watched Carmella. She touched the arch and smiled. Then Colin showed her the mural. Mom went to the kitchen where Marcel was still cleaning up from lunch.

Mom coming back from the kitchen, “I’ve asked Marcel to make a light lunch and coffee.”

“Is he making the food or reheating left overs from lunch.”

“I think he is reheating leftovers and making a fresh pot of coffee.”

I walked over to where Colin and Carmella where looking at the mural. “Armand, you paint this?”

“Yes, it is our trip to Europe. Every picture is a memento of our trip.” I said all of that in Italian. I wonder what she will think of the village.

Mom called us for a late lunch. I went in the kitchen and invited Marcel to join us. I wasn’t sure if Marcel spoke Italian or if Carmella spoke French. I watched bemused as they somehow seemed to communicate.

When we had finished eating, Colin and I helped Marcel clean up. “Marcel, just put the leftovers in the fridge. We’ll eat them tomorrow and Wednesday.”

Mom and Dad left, but not before Dad told Colin he’ll pick him up in the morning. Holiday over for Colin. We showed Carmella our apartment and her bedroom. She said she was tired and would like to go to bed. I knew it was a long day for her plus the excitement of the wedding, she would be tired.

I suggested to Colin since he will be going to work in the morning, maybe we should turn in as well. “I want to check the gardens first.” I suspected he really wanted some alone time.

“OK, I’m going to turn in.” I thought he wanted to go to the roof alone, I was wrong. He took me by my hand and literally pulled me to the roof.

“No matter where I go, this represents home to me. For some reason it is special. I feel relaxed here, I feel loved here and the best part is when you are here with me.”

We sat there for an hour, not speaking, sitting close holding hands. The flower pots were all in bloom and the scent just added to the evening. Looking into Colin’s eyes, I could not only sense his love but I could see it as well. If I could only capture that look this evening on canvas, I would hang it in our bedroom. Each night, I could look at it and sense the love laying next to me.

short chapter, but the boys are home and all is well
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

4 hours ago, CLJobe said:

They do spend a lot of time on that roof. I'm sure it is a constant reminder for Colin of their European honeymoon. Armand fell in love with Colin when he painted Colin's nude portrait. I agree, Armand needs to paint Colin again.

Ooh, painting in the nude in their private rooftop Garden paradise. They better go 'easel' in case paint goes where it shouldn't. 😉 Maybe Armand needs to do Watercolors? 

Oh, sorry for that diversion (not). This was a wonderful brief chapter just to get them home from the Italian wedding, and bring Carmella for a visit. Her reactions to Club paintings were different. 

Armand and Colin's relationship best summed up in, "I feel relaxed here, I feel loved here and the best part is when you are here with me.”

(No emoji or gif needed)

:thankyou:

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Christopher said:

Some places just feel like home ... regardless of the sign over the door referring to "HELL" 

yes, so true

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..