Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,128 Words
  • 1,479 Views
  • 16 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 113. Chapter 113

Morning seemed to come quickly. I knew I was tired and missing my bed partner guaranteed I didn’t get a good sleep. Dressed for the day, I headed to the boys room. They were still sleeping so I went to the dining room for my morning coffee. Colin’s mom was there by herself. Grabbing a coffee I went and sat down at her table.

“Good morning, Mom.”

“Did you talk to Colin last night?”

“Yes and so did the boys.”

“Did he tell you about taking John to the doctors?”

“Yes, they were going today.”

“I’m worried. Do you think I should go home?”

“Let’s wait until after his doctor appointment. Once we know what the diagnosis is, we can make a better decision. Colin said to tell you he’s playing a round of golf this afternoon.”

She laughed, “If he is playing golf, he must be okay.”

“Here come the boys and Marie. I’m surprised my Mom and Dad aren’t here.”

Laughing, they are herding the boys, look.”

As soon as they saw us, they headed in our direction. “Dad, can we go and get crepes again?”

“You really like them?”

“Yes.”

“Do you all feel like walking to that crepe cafe we ate at the other day?”

I was surprised my dad headed out of the dining room. “Mom, you will need to buy a crepe griddle.”

Mental note, Christmas list, Mom and Dad, crepe griddle.

The weather outside was cool, a normal early morning. The boys led the way.

“Dad, what are we going to do today?”

“We are going back to the the museum of Natural History. There are a few exhibits you haven’t seen.”

“Dad, we need another camera.”

I’ll tell Colin to buy them cameras like we have with a couple of flash drives. “Today, I’ll buy you another camera.”

“I’m taking the boys back to the Museum today. You can come with us or I can make arrangements for you all to visit the Eiffel Tower. Maybe you can have lunch there.”

“I might go museum hunting. There are a few that I haven’t seen.”

“Mom, Dad what would you like to do?”

“We’ll go with Mary.”

“Marie?”

“I’ll go with Mary also. In case she needs help with the language.”

I knew Marie’s choice was more to help them navigate Paris. There were several museums dedicated to various special interests.

“Let’s meet at that cafe next to the Louvre for dinner at 5.” I wanted to be back at the hotel by 7 in case Colin called.

 

Walking into the Museum, we headed to the exhibition on human evolution. I was hoping we could cover that exhibition in 4-5 hours, unlike the exhibition on Paleontology. There were two other exhibits that we could cover in a short period of time, the exhibition of mineralogy where they had a several crystals from around the world and the exhibition of Botany. I was hoping to make one final trip here before Colin returned, to the zoo. I knew that would take almost a whole day.

The exhibition of human evolution started with concept of man evolving from an ape type individual. Boys being boys, they started to walk as they thought an ape would walk. That didn’t last very long. I was proud of them, they fooled around a little but they stopped and read the inscriptions in front of each exhibit. I listen as they discussed what they saw in the present exhibit, focusing on the changes. Richie, Ronny and Tommy help Ivan to understand what was written in French at each exhibit.

We took a break after 4 hours of touring the exhibition. “Are you hungry?” Laughing at how silly that question was.

We left the Museum and headed for a small restaurant that catered to those who visited the Museum. I am alway amazed at how these boys acted. Sitting at a table, they had the menus, then they discussed what they would order. All four boys had to agree, as expected there was some take and give, but when the waiter came to take our order, Richie ordered for the boys. The waiter looked at me, I told him to bring what they ordered. I ordered a salad, I wasn’t hungry. I missed Colin.

Lunch with the boys is always interesting. They tasted the food as if they were gourmets judging the food and restaurant. When everyone was finished eating, “Have you rated this restaurant?”

“We don’t have a comparison. The food at the hotel was okay and breakfast at the crepe restaurant was okay.”

“You had the lunch at the Eiffel Tower.”

“You said it was a one star rated restaurant. This restaurant doesn’t compare.”

“Okay, would you come back?”

I watched as they thought and then discussed. “Dad, we would come back but not coming here just for the restaurant.”

“So, it is okay.” They nodded yes. I wonder what the future holds for them.

Entering the Museum we continued to view the exposition on human evolution. “Dad, what was the greatest impact on human development. They say the weather and the need for man to migrate.”

“Man always wanted to see new things. Look at us, here we are experiencing France, it’s food and it’s history. Let’s say it was one million years ago, and we came here. If we saw the climate was good and food was plenty, we would stay. Maybe our grandchildren might want to check out what is over the mountains, they would move. Slowly over the years, we would change.”

I could see their minds churning, as they thought about our trip. We will move on to Spain and they will see a different country and eat different food and then to Italy.

I was hoping to get away before they saw the signs for the zoological gardens. “Dad, what is that?”

“Tomorrow when we come back, we will check it out.”

“Dad, it is a zoo.”

“Yes, Richie, it is a zoo. Tomorrow you can compare it with the zoo back home.” Smiles all around.

Gathering all of the various pamphlets and their cameras, I hailed a taxi to take us to the cafe near the Louvre.

Arriving at the cafe, they saw the Grands and Marie, so they began to act like cave men. Clowns all four of them. Mom asked them what they did, they all started to tell them. Somehow out of the confusion of four boys all talking at once, the Grands understood we were at a museum.

“Tomorrow, we are going back to see their zoo.”

“Grandmother, Gram and Gramp, Marie you can come with us.” Tommy looked at them and there was no way they could say no.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 29
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Fun and games, the boys are rather objective about restaurants they are becoming particular and critical, it could make things interesting when they visit other restaurants, I wonder what is news from the States? 

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment

They are great kids. The museum trip was interesting to them and they paid attention to the stories presented.

Tomorrow they will visit a zoo with Armand and the grandparents.

The crepes again are a winner and the kids wanted them for breakfast. Armand knows he has to buy more crepe griddles.

BTW, when I visited Paris I saw carts selling crepes. The buyer could select a topping--like Nutella or sugar. I bought one and really enjoyed it.

Tonight Armand and Colin will talk. Perhaps Colin's father has a full diagnosis or significant preliminary explanation from a doctor and maybe is set to take more tests.

Edited by scrubber6620
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ah yes, 4 young boys acting like a bunch of little monkeys having fun. I can see them now, and how much joy and happiness it brings to Armand, the grandparents and yes Marie as well.

Hopefully the complete medical tests will provide answers about Colin's Dad John and his recent behaviour (and not more questions).

Most everyone likes crepes, whether savory for breakfast, lunch or dinner filled with delicious foods, or for dessert, filled with fruit, drizzled with chocolate, or flambe'd 'Suzettes'. But as Armand thought to himself: 'Mental note, Christmas list, Mom and Dad, crepe griddle'? Marcel (and James) would be aghast! Why spend good money on a pan that only serves one purpose? With the right batter recipe, a 12-inch nonstick skillet / fry pan and some cooking spray or oil, anyone can cook crepes. It's all in the wrist.

(Ps: 200ml water & milk is 1 U.S. Cup + 1 tbsp)

https://youtu.be/uc4t3FBItbc

Enjoy

                Dessert Plate GIF by Snack Toronto Social Media Agency

 

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 3:59 PM, mfa607 said:

Glad the boys are enjoying themselves. Great chapter! 

thanks

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 4:39 PM, chris191070 said:

It's great to see the boys enjoying themselves 

I can't think of any boys that wouldn't like to go to a museum

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 5:35 PM, drsawzall said:

You are never to old or young to learn...what a fantastic vacation!!

Yes, and going to a museum in an another country is always exciting.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 6:03 PM, scrubber6620 said:

They are great kids. The museum trip was interesting to them and they paid attention to the stories presented.

Tomorrow they will visit a zoo with Armand and the grandparents.

The crepes again are a winner and the kids wanted them for breakfast. Armand knows he has to buy more crepe griddles.

BTW, when I visited Paris I saw carts selling crepes. The buyer could select a topping--like Nutella or sugar. I bought one and really enjoyed it.

Tonight Armand and Colin will talk. Perhaps Colin's father has a full diagnosis or significant preliminary explanation from a doctor and maybe is set to take more tests.

I never saw crepes in a cart but did have crepes prepared with fruit. strawberries were the best topped with cream.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 10/26/2022 at 8:31 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

Ah yes, 4 young boys acting like a bunch of little monkeys having fun. I can see them now, and how much joy and happiness it brings to Armand, the grandparents and yes Marie as well.

Hopefully the complete medical tests will provide answers about Colin's Dad John and his recent behaviour (and not more questions).

Most everyone likes crepes, whether savory for breakfast, lunch or dinner filled with delicious foods, or for dessert, filled with fruit, drizzled with chocolate, or flambe'd 'Suzettes'. But as Armand thought to himself: 'Mental note, Christmas list, Mom and Dad, crepe griddle'? Marcel (and James) would be aghast! Why spend good money on a pan that only serves one purpose? With the right batter recipe, a 12-inch nonstick skillet / fry pan and some cooking spray or oil, anyone can cook crepes. It's all in the wrist.

(Ps: 200ml water & milk is 1 U.S. Cup + 1 tbsp)

https://youtu.be/uc4t3FBItbc

Enjoy

                Dessert Plate GIF by Snack Toronto Social Media Agency

 

That is what Armand's mother said. But there is something magic in making crepes on. grapes griddle. I have only had crepes made on a griddle  but using a skillet is a possibility, One difference, with out a grdieele you would need to keep your eye on a crepe made in a frying pan. Using a griddle you would have have even heat acrosss the surface, with a frying pan, depending on size you may not.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Tonyr said:

@CLJobeHey Calvin, what’s up? Is everything alright with you?  Hope all is well. 

I am having some medical problems, nothing new to an old man.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Link to comment
4 minutes ago, CLJobe said:

I am having some medical problems, nothing new to an old man.

I hope you get better soon. Good speed.

Edited by Tonyr
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I bet the kids talked the Grand's ears off.  Zoos in different countries vary a lot.  I wonder what new animals the kids will see.  Will Armand be reminded of a certain 3 year old girl?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..