Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,116 Words
  • 1,995 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 44. Chapter 44

We opened the club July 1st. The Board approved the letters and the procedures. Colin mailed the letters in June indicating when the club was reopening. He had the rules and regulations printed in a little booklet which he mailed to the previous club members. He explained that the old membership cards were no longer valid. A new card would be issued on opening night.

“Colin, have them sign the registry in the hall when they come in.”

“I’ll have one of the Board there to make sure they sign.”

We established new opening hours. Sunday from 12 to 1, Monday and Tuesday closed, Wednesday, and Thursday 4 to 12, Friday and Saturday 12 to 12.

We hired two girls to operate the cloak room. I had three umbrella stands and a tip box on the counter top.

 

July 1st was a Friday this year. I told Colin, when they sign the book make sure it is legible and hand them their club ID card. The booklet had explained the rules and that their membership number was like a credit card. Billing would be monthly.

Beside opening, we were audition bands. The band playing tonight played at some of the fraternity parties on campus.

Colin had arranged with the police officers we used before we shutdown for renovation to work for us again. Colin gave them a tour. They asked if they could be a member. I chuckled because a few of them fell within our age bracket. Colin gave them an information booklet. Unless the police officer was single, they couldn’t afford it. The upfront 100 dollars and the monthly fee would be a stretch on a policeman salary.

Colin had arrange for three off duty police officers at the door. This gave one officer a break since we only needed two. Food and non-alcohol drinks were free for them. Colin said it is part of their salary.

Two o’clock on opening night, the Board were at the sign in book, the girls for the cloak room were ready, the band was getting setup on the stage. Jimmy had the bar set up, Marcel and his helper were ready. I saw Colin sneak into the kitchen for a taste, he said.

We were ready, the guards at the front door where checking id’s. I was on the stairs watching as they came in. One of the Board gave them a membership card explaining that their new membership number which they needed to sign the book and to use for payment of drinks and food. I was surprised as they were quite orderly. Then I saw Marylou. I noticed Colin did as well. I watched as he talked to her, I could see her face. Angry, defiant and then the act of flaunting around the booklet, she went to sign in. She printed her name in very large letters, taking up three lines. She tried to use her old membership number, and of course, Paul had to go over and quiet her down. He pulled her to the side, I’m not sure what he said but she left after throwing the booklet at him. She stopped and spoke to one girl, I assumed she ask her to leave as well. The girl shook her hear no and moved to sign in. I continued to watch her. She spoke to a boy who entered with two other boys. He said no and the other ignored her. She waited a few more moments then she must have decided to enter. I watched Paul as he asked her for her membership card. She didn’t have it as it was in the book she threw away. Paul explained to her without her membership number she couldn’t order any food or drink.

I walked up to Paul. “You, this is your doing. Colin would never do this to me. We are good friends. Our mothers are best friend. Wait until Colin and his mother hears this.”

“Hear what?”

“Colin, they won’t let me in.” Now the tears

“Paul, what is the problem.”

“Ask her where her book is and check her signature in the log.”

Colin looked at her, then looked at the book. “Marylou, did you do this?”

“He made me mad.”

“Have you noticed the other signatures. Neat, within the allotted space. You signature is missing you membership number. So I guess you no longer want to be a member. That is your option. Once you learn manners and how to behave, we will rethink about your membership.” I noticed Paul as he went and asked for one of the men in front to help escort her out.

I hate to see anyone cry and especially a girl. I hope she learns a lesson. “Colin, you need to make your mother aware of this.”

“I have a surprise for you. Come with me.”

I followed him to his office, he showed me his TV. I laughed, he had a camera to spy on the entrance. He had her behavior on record. “You need to show that to your mother.”

“I need to show that to Marylou’s mother.”

I went back to my spot on the stairs. I saw my painters who painted the Spanish Steps enter. They were given a book with a membership number, they signed and went inside. I would pay their 100 dollar initial fee. They did a good job.

I stayed there until the crowd stop coming in. “Colin, it looks like most of our quests have arrived.”

“Do you think we should have someone here?”

“Why don’t we tell the guards if anyone comes now, to come and get us.” That is what we did.

Walking into the club room, it appeared everyone was having a good time. I went and stood by the bar while Colin moved among the tables. The servers were busy, I went and picked up copies of the checks.

Jimmy came over and asked if I wanted something to drink. I took a mineral water, and asked how he was doing. He smiled, “This is lot better than table hopping.”

“I think we need more help for Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I’ll talk to Colin and see what he says.” From my vantage point, I’d say at least one more waiter and two bus boys.

Colin finally made his way to the bar. “What do you think?”

“I’d say it’s a success. We need one more waiter and two bus boys.”

“What are you drinking?”

“Mineral water.”

“Jimmy, let me have a glass of wine.”

People were enjoying themselves. They were dancing, and the girls who came alone where enjoying being asked to dance.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 9
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting opening night , bar Marylou things should go well. (This also seems to be a duplicate chapter)

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment

Ok, who's idea was it to give us a double dose of marylou??  Once is enough for those like her, but a double dose is too much. 😳

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Kev

Posted (edited)

Pete and repeat were in a boat, Pete fell out so who was left....

Edited by Kev
  • Like 3
Link to comment

If I was Collin, I would show the video to Marylou's mother and ask her is this how you raised your daughter to act in public? and then I would say if she learns how to behave in public she will be welcomed back but until then she is not welcomed at all.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..