Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 809 Words
  • 2,957 Views
  • 29 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 9. Chapter 9

Armand followed Colin ending up on the balcony overlooking the living room and connecting the two halves of the house on the second level. “Sit here and listen. She doesn’t know about the painting, and I never told her I posed for your class.”

“What is she going to say when she sees it is a nude painting?”

“She’ll be pleased. Probably call her girlfriends and invite them over.”

The boys listened as his mother unlocked the front door and entered the house. They watched as she went to an intercom, “Marie, I’m home. Could you please fix me a cup of tea? Thank you.”

“Who’s Marie?”

“She’s our maid.”

We watched as Colin’s mother placed her purse and gloves on the small table in the hall. Marie came and handed her a cup of tea, then Marie stopped when she saw the painting. “Madam, where did that painting come from?”

That was when Colin’s mother turned and saw the painting. She almost dropped her tea, and moving closer, she looked at the painting. Meantime, Colin was trying not to laugh. Armand didn’t know what was going on, and he was afraid that Colin’s mother wouldn’t like the painting.

“Marie, I wonder who the artist was.” She walked to her purse and took out her phone. “John, did you know about the painting hanging in our living room?”

“Is it the one of Colin?”

“Yes, and who was the artist? It’s a beautiful painting. I’m going to invite the girls over for tea.”

“You have to stay for this. You’re going to laugh. These friends of my mothers are very pretentious, and they always try to up one another. If one gets a new car, then the other has to get a new car, only a little more expensive, the car dealers love them.”

“Marie, could you make a pot of tea? I think I have some confectionaries from the baker on Grant Street. Thank you.”

“Now, she will call her friends. This will be good. I wish I had a tape recorder .”

“Why don’t you use your phone? You can record everything.”

“I didn’t think of that, and I’m glad you’re here.”

As soon as his mother left the room, “Come, we can wait in my room.”

Armand followed him to his room which was more like rooms. There was a sitting room, bedroom, bathroom, and a study. Armand just smiled to himself. He was thinking about his small bedroom at home. Thinking, ‘this is nice, but I wouldn’t trade my room for this.’

They sat and chatted while waiting for the ‘girls’ to show up. It was about 45 minutes when Colin heard the first car arrive. “Let’s go back and watch.”

When they got back to their previous place, Armand noticed a table that sat six was now in front of the window. In the center was a plate with what looked like cookies on it, and there were six place settings for tea.

The boys watched as Colin’s mother answered the door and escorted everyone into the living room. They sat down while Colin’s mother poured tea. The sitting arrangement essentially put the painting to the back of the ladies, and they would have to turn to see the painting.

The boys watched, “Jane will be the one to notice, and she is always looking around. Competition among these ladies is fierce.”

“Which one is Jane?”

“She’s the one on the right of my mother sitting on the corner of the table.”

“Ellen, is that a painting of Colin?”

“Yes, it’s beautiful, don’t you think?”

All of the ladies turned to see the painting. “Who was the artist? He did a beautiful job, and Colin looks like he could step right out of the painting.”

“An artist that goes by the name Arrow.”

“I’ve heard that name before, but I don’t remember where.”

“Ellen, he’s nude.”

“You noticed. Most artists prefer to paint their subjects in the nude, and it’s easy to paint clothing on them but difficult to paint the human body.”

“Listen to Jane. She’s a homophobe.”

“But Ellen, that will only lead to problems. Homosexuals will want to buy that.”

“If I don’t miss my guess, the artist is a homosexual, as is Colin. I kind of like it.”

“Your parents know you like boys?”

“Yes, they are fine with it. Do your parents know?”

“I don’t know. It has never been discussed, and I have never had a boyfriend or girlfriend.”

“Since you now have a boyfriend, will that be a problem?”

“I don’t think so. Wait, I have a boyfriend? I don’t have a boyfriend.”

“Yes, you do.” Saying that, Colin leaned in and kissed him.” At first, Armand was a little shocked, but that quickly wore off as he took the initiative and kissed Colin back.

ahh Amour
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 34
  • Love 30
  • Haha 14
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..