Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 587 Words
  • 1,296 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 83. Chapter 83

I don’t know what occurred between the judge and James. After approximately an hour, James came back into the kitchen smiling. “The judge would like to see you and Colin.”

I knew he had the papers. James’s attitude told me we are now his guardians.

Giving James his apron, I headed to find Colin. He was entertaining Pat and Ann. I don’t know what he was telling them but they were laughing.

“Excuse me, Colin the Judge needs to see us.”

As Colin and I headed to his office, “What do you think?”

“I think he has the papers and we are now James’s guardians.”

Walking into Colin’s office, the judge was smiling. “You have a nice organization here. The food was very good and I like that you don’t have hard liquor. I have talked with James, he said if he was younger, he would want to be adopted by you. He regrets not knowing you when he was younger. You both are very lucky to have him as a friend. I have the papers granting both of you guardianship of James until he’s 21. If you change your mind, I’ll find a way to have you adopt him.”

“Judge, you have made us very happy. We thought about adoption except there are so many younger than him who need us more. He will become our younger brother.”

“Judge, join us with a glass of wine.”

Walking back into the club, I saw Jimmy duck into the green room. I knew he would go to the kitchen. He did, the kitchen doors opened, James rushed out, grabbed us in a hug. “James, you are now our official brother.”

Marcel came out, hugged James and told him he needed to get back to work. There is a celebration to get ready.

I saw Pat heading toward us. “Is congratulations in order?”

One look at James answered that question.

Pulling Pat aside, I showed her the legal papers establishing Colin and I as James’s guardianship. “Do you need a copy of these?”

“No, I have seen these so if there are any questions, I’ll refer them to you.”

I told Mom and Dad that the judge had papers that made Colin and I legal guardians of James.

How long do you think the news would make it to the club members? Less than 60 seconds, we heard them clapping for us. I called James out of the kitchen, then he was the center of attention.

For the second time, Marcel came and got him. Leave it to Tommy, he came and gave Uncle James a hug. That did it, from that moment until the club closed, it was Uncle James.

With the club closed, Mom and Dad came up to our apartment. Colin had the boys showered and dressed in their suits. Suitcases were checked, I saw Colin slip a camera into each case, and brought to the kitchen for Dad to take to the car.

While Colin took his shower, James came up to the apartment. “James, you can stay here. You don’t need to go to the orphanage any longer.” I asked Mom to check on him while we are gone.

“Marcel wants me to attend some classes.”

“Good, I think Marcel will want to make you a top rated chef.”

When Colin was finished dressing, I showered and dressed. Taking our suitcases to the car, we said goodbye to James and Mom. Dad drove us to the airport, Mom stayed with James.

I know the excitement contaminated with a little fear as the boys look forward to their first flight.
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 31
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 9/6/2022 at 10:48 AM, weinerdog said:

I bet the first thing the boys will ask about is the pizza in Italy although it's quite different there.I can see the boys being a hit with all the people Armand and Colin know there.

The boys will become villagers. They will pick up some words I'm sure Colin nd Armand wished they didn't 

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
13 hours ago, chris191070 said:

James has the support needed to become a fine young man and an amazing chef.

To become anything you need to love it. James will make his mark. He has already made his peanut cookies a hit

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, drsawzall said:

And they are off to Europe...James is one lucky young man, I suspect he will surpass Marcel in time!!!

I'm sure Marcel will teach him everything he knows 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Great comment by @Anton_Cloche and I agree with what he says.  I imagine the boys' first flight will be a bit frightening, but they will be seasoned fliers on the way home.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..