Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 924 Words
  • 1,578 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 61. Chapter 61

Arriving home, I made us a coffee, “Carmella, let’s go and sit on the roof with our coffee. I want know more about why Tony was so aggressive when he saw the village. I think you know and if it is something too personal, then maybe you shouldn’t tell me.”

“I have known Tony since he was a boy. His wife was my best friend and we would sit and comment on the boys in the village. She always liked Tony and at times we would play that she and Tony were dating. When we were 16, the boys began to notice us. That was when I met my husband Roberto and we became a foursome, Tony and Marie, Roberto and I. When Marie was 17 she ran away and married Tony. She told no one except me. Her father caught her sleeping with Tony and the whole village told them they had to leave. Marie tried to explain they were married but since Tony didn’t follow the way of the village, he was accused of kidnapping and other crimes. I knew the reason they ran away. Marie’s father didn’t like Tony. Her father was a big man in the village and he would brag about his beautiful daughter was going to marry a man of importance. Tony’s family were farmers. They made enough to live but when Marie’s father started on Tony accusing him, Tony’s family took it hard. Tony’s father especially. The village turned against not only Tony but his family as well. Tony’s dad had a heart attack and died. His mother had passed away 2 years earlier. With Tony’s dad passing on, Tony sold his property and with the money, he and Marie fled from the village. I had one letter from Marie in which she said they have found a new home and all is well.”

I listened to Carmella’s story. The village was the center of all of Tony’s hurt. I now understood why he reacted as he did. My village brought back all of that hurt.

“Marie’s parents have passed on. Many of the village now believe that Marie’s father was wrong. I think he and Marie would be welcomed back, if he returned.”

I thought about what would I do. I don’t think I would return but times have changed and maybe I would but I would be sensitive to any negative feelings.

“They will be over for Sunday lunch. If you and Marie want to meet, let me know and I’ll drive you over.”

“Well, this looks nice. Where's my coffee?”

Colin was home. I gave him a kiss and he kissed Carmella on the cheek. He also drank my coffee.

“I didn’t realize the time. We just got back from having a late lunch at Tony’s.” The look of surprise on Colin’s face said it all. I would tell him later.

“Is there anything for me to eat?” When Carmella heard that she got up and headed to the door. I knew she would fix dinner for Colin.

“Carmella, wait. We can go down to the club kitchen.”

It didn’t take for Carmella and Colin to raid the refrigerator. Soon the aroma of what ever Carmella was making permeated the kitchen. I thought if that aroma permeated the club, we would have everyone eating what ever Carmella was cooking. I looked at Colin, his mouth was drooling.

Carmella told him to sit, he did and she place a plate in front of him. I looked at the plate, I couldn’t believe how much she put on it. Colin thanked her and smiled at me. I watched as he began to eat. He would looked at me as he ate. I remember him doing that when we were in Rome. Carmella was watching, she gave me a fork. Colin, pushed the plate to the center of the table. I helped myself to a taste, he did that at his favorite Italian restaurant Ai Tre Scalini. I knew that if she taught Marcel how to make that dish, it would be on our menu.

I went and got a bottle of wine. You can’t eat authentic Italian cuisine with out a glass of red wine.

During dinner, we brought Colin up to date on our lunch.

“I don’t understand why he reacted that way? It has been years ago and if the ones who have caused him all that trouble are no longer alive I don’t understand his reaction.”

“It might be that the village reminds him of those actions that hurt him. It takes a long time to forget and longer to forgive.”

Carmella looked at me. In Italian, “Tell him about the papers you signed at the orphanage.”

“Colin, have you ever thought about having a child.” He choked when I said that.

“You are a man and so am I. Unless the medical field can produce miracles, which one of us is, or will be, pregnant.”

“You are being silly, I think the wine has got to you. I was wondering about adoption.”

“I wouldn’t be opposed to discussing that option. Do you have time to take care of a child? I am at work during the day and the club pretty much occupy most of my time at night when we are open. You would have to take care of a baby.”

“Well think about it.” I’m sure Thomas will be asking to spend a night or weekend with us. He knows about the paper I signed at the orphanage.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 30
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

5 hours ago, mikedup said:

Tony's reaction now makes sense however the way he went around with it was not the best way, but let's see if he can forgive not forget just forgive, I am glad arrow went to the orphanage to sign the papers now just to get Colin onside , which should not be too difficult 

You are right about Tony. Enough time has past. I have a feeling if Armand wants to adopt Tommy, Colin will agree. in fact I believe anything Armand wants, Colin would agree.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
5 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

Now we know why Tony was upset by the representation of the village, He and his wife were wronged and kicked out. His wife's father vehemently opposed their marriage and took retribution on Tony and his family. The father and his wife have died and the village now thinks he was wrong. Carmella believes the village folk would welcome them back, She is going to talk with her friend Tony's wife. Maybe , the pain can be taken away.

Armand has signed papers at the orphanage. Colin does not know this. Armand has asked Colin to consider adoption as a concept without any person mentioned. Colin said he would think about it. What will he say when Colin tells him what he has done without telling him? Has he already agreed to adopt Thomas or at least taken a first step at adoption.

Bitterness eats at you no matter where you are. Tony needs healing and that can only occur in the village. I think Armand would love nothing better than to adopt Tommy.  But he won't do it unless Colin agrees.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
4 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Tony reaction makes perfect sense now.

I think I'd be bitter also if I was Tony. I think he overdid it when he saw the village. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

Yes.

Armand must let Carmella ask Tony, if he has pictures of his parents. Then after hearing Carmella, Marie and or Tony telling about them he must make a large painting of Tony’s parents. Maybe that painting will help Tony and Marie overcome  their anger and grief. He then has his parents with him. And of course Carmella can tell Tony and Marie how the feelings of the villagers are now.

 

That would be a good idea.  Maybe when the go to visit Carmella, Colin can take photos of Tony's home in the village as well as some of Marie's friends. Most of the older people at that time are gone,

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, dutch woman said:

The parents of Armand and Colin will love the idea of adopting Thomas, especially Mary. They will be happy to take care of him during the day

Yes, I think the vote for adoption is 100 percent positive.  Armand needs to understand Colin's position.  I think if it is up to Armand he would adopt all of those kids in the orphanage. He knows that is impossible, but who knows what he is thinking.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

I would liken Tony's reaction to the village scene to that of PTSD, it was a trigger that brought everything back to him in a flash as if it were happening right then. Hopefully, he will be able to work through his trauma with some help. 

I wish it were that simple, just sign a piece of paper and all the sudden you're proud papa's. The world would definitely be a less lonely place for so many. 

  • Love 5
Link to comment

A way will be found to help Tony, and a return to his home village is very possible!!! I love the idea of Armand painting a portrate of Tony's parents...

And the process of adopting Thomas has begun, let's hope it goes smoothly!!!!

  • Love 3
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

A remarkable revelation about Tony's angry reaction to the mural of his 'home' village. This new information and understanding of Tony's feelings is unlikely to have Armand alter the mural, but perhaps with Carmella and Marie's help, Armand and Tony can be friends again.

As for 'new friends', Carmella letting the info out to Colin about Armand (finally!) signing adoption papers for Thomas, reveals Colin's hesitation has to do with infants and toddlers and hopefully not children like Tommy. That and some 'gentle persuasion' by soon-to-be Grandma Mary, will see Colin change his mind.

👨‍👨‍👧

Thank you Cal.

I suspect Colin will look forward to adopting Tommy. I agree, I don't think he would go for a toddler.

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Christopher said:

I would liken Tony's reaction to the village scene to that of PTSD, it was a trigger that brought everything back to him in a flash as if it were happening right then. Hopefully, he will be able to work through his trauma with some help. 

I wish it were that simple, just sign a piece of paper and all the sudden you're proud papa's. The world would definitely be a less lonely place for so many. 

I think you are right about Tony. I also think he will not get over his feelings until he visits the village and experience the change. Armand is concerned about prejudices against gey men adopting.

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
13 minutes ago, drsawzall said:

A way will be found to help Tony, and a return to his home village is very possible!!! I love the idea of Armand painting a portrate of Tony's parents...

And the process of adopting Thomas has begun, let's hope it goes smoothly!!!!

I hope you are right about the adoption  I don't know  who would be hurt more, Tommy or Armand

  • Fingers Crossed 4
Link to comment

I can understand Tony's hurt much better.  Carmella's presence will do much to bring Tony and Armand back as friends.  A gift of the portrait of Tony's parents and talking to Carmella about changes in the village may led Tony and his wife to visit their village. 

Armand is being overly cautious.  Grandma, friends and sometimes staff will all help to raise Thomas.  I can see Thomas will have many adopted aunts, uncles and older cousins in the community. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..