Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 805 Words
  • 954 Views
  • 17 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 205. Chapter 205

After watching Christian driving off, I turned my attention to the boys, placing an arm around each, we headed to our gate. And the ride home.

Charles’s eyes were huge as he took in everything as we walked to our gate.

The attendant recognized me from this morning, “Where did you pick up these cuties?”

Looking at her, “Which State are you from?”

She started laughing. “I was born and raised in Virginia. I was part of a school program and I spent my junior and senior years in France with my dad. I finished school here and got a job as an airline hostess. I didn’t want to fly anymore, so I applied for this job and was hired. Now who are your companions?”

“These are my sons, Carl and Charles. We have been here for about 5 weeks working on a project.”

The next question I expected supported her story. “What was the project?”

Before we could answer, a gentleman sitting in a seat waiting to board, had a newspaper. “Excuse me, this photo looks liked you.”

It was one of the photos taken when we mounted the painting.

“I am sorry, as much as I would like to say it is, it’s not. It must be my twin.”

Carl was about to say something, I pulled him away but Charles opened his mouth. He was about to get a new name, blabbermouth. “Charles, that isn’t me. I would know.”

I knew this wouldn’t be the end of this. Fortunately, they announced over the loudspeaker our plane was ready for boarding.

As it is practice, first class, first, then business class, and finally the remaining passengers. On oversea fights, I book business class. It is more expensive but I think it is worth the extra money.

There were no passengers in first class so we boarded first. Again the seats were two to a row, two rows that held a maximum of 10 passengers. The boys took the row in front of me and I took the row closest to the exit and bathroom. Two other people joined us, they each took a different row.

While we waited for the rest of the passengers to load, the Stewart brought me a cup of coffee. “You are American?”

“I said yes, is my French that bad.” As a result of that conversations, he sat with me and we chatted until everyone was in their seat and it was time to give the safety spiel.

I could hear the boys. Carl was trying to teach Charles English. As you would expect, Charles would pronounce the English word with a French accent. Carl would laugh, and they would try again. About the third time, I knew Charles was trying to be funny. I thought about Charles and how would I feel to be a teenager and be whisked away to an unknown country. Would I have fears? Thinking about that, I felt Charles was doing very well on this trip. He was laughing and chatting, signs of looking forward to an adventure. Charles didn’t know it but his life was about to change.

Lunch was served. I listened to what the boys ordered and I ordered the same. I knew that one of them would want something from my plate, and they both did. I wasn’t hungry so I just ate the dessert and had coffee. The steward looked when he picked up the three plates from the boys. He smiled, took my dessert plate, and then returned with a salad for me. I thanked him and he sat down next to me. We continued chatting until he was called again to help serve a snack.

Arrival at JFK was on time and I was hoping Colin would be there to meet us. Debarking the plane, I gave the Stewart who sat with me my card, telling him if he is ever in the States more than an overnight, call me and we can meet.

We cleared customs, Charles's passport was stamped and he just smiled while looking at the stamp. He did show it to Carl. Heading for our luggage, I had to see his stamped passport as well. I think he would have shown it to anyone who asked. Heading for the outside, we cleared luggage pickup. And there was not only Colin but the 5 boys. I didn’t realize I was away that long, but they made it clear they missed me. Carl introduced Charles to Colin and the boys. Charles asked Carl why are they speaking French, this is America. The boys took our luggage and headed for the parking lot. I don’t how we got all 8 boys in the van, I sat up front with Colin driving. I listened for a while before I took a short nap.

A short chapter but I'll make up for it
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 28
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A very sweet chapter.  It's good to see Armand and Carl back home.  I'm sure that Charles will fit in quickly with the other kids.  

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..