Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 428 Words
  • 3,175 Views
  • 26 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 5. Chapter 5

Over the next year, Armand concentrated on his painting. His mother told him that Jessica and Carl were expecting their first child. Armand wanted to paint a portrait of Jessica showing she was pregnant; He went to the library to study photos of pregnant women. Leafing through several art books, he saw the photo of the Mona Lisa. Studying the photo and particularly the smile, it was as if she was hiding a secret. Armand knew that his painting would include a smile similar to the Mona Lisa.

Armand worked on his painting for the rest of the semester, including the semester break. When he finished, his Professor commented on the smile. “Is she hiding a secret?”

“Yes, she is pregnant.”

Armand finished the painting, and now he had to make the frame. He decided to paint the frame white with the gold vine motif. When he was finished, he asked his mom and dad if they could come to pick it up.

When they arrived, his mother looked at the painting. She noticed that he painted the arms as if they were in a shear sleeve while the dress was white. Armand has painted a black ribbon around her neck. The feature that stood out most was the smile. “She looks like she is hiding a secret,”

“She is. She’s pregnant. I was looking at various portraits, and I noticed the smile on the Mona Lisa. I think she was hiding a secret also.”

Two days after his parents arrived home, he got a phone call from Mrs. McNiel. “Armand, the painting of Jessica is unbelievable. I have hung it in the gallery, and the comments centered around the smile. I don’t think anyone has made the connection to the Mona Lisa. What made you paint that smile?”

“When I saw the photo of the Mona Lisa, her smile seemed to convey that she was holding a secret. I wanted that smile on Jessica’s portrait because she has a secret, she’s pregnant,”

“I’m going to title it the American Lisa.”

“No, you should title it My Jessica, for that is what the painting represents.”

When Jessica saw the painting, she had to call Armand and thank him..” Armand, I can’t thank you enough for the beautiful portrait. My mom is telling everyone that it represents the American Mona Lisa. It really is a beautiful portrait, and the smile is unique, and I am holding a secret.”

The secret was she was having twins. Armand found that out four months later when Jessica delivered twin boys.

Short chapter but I'll make up for it 😀
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 35
  • Haha 2
  • Fingers Crossed 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..