Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,910 Words
  • 1,159 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 191. Chapter 191

Life continues even when the noise levels rise. To me, it is a heavenly noise. Colin went on a diet, well for him it was a diet. He’d said his golf swing is off. I really didn’t care if he lost his weight, it had to be his decision. I told him I would support whatever decision he made. I did remind him that it meant just more of him to love. He decided he would lose some of his weight, but not all so I could have a little more of him to love.

October our Italian family arrived with I believe every village child. “Colin, did you send Geno money for these tickets to did you buy them and sent him the tickets.”

“He told me the number of his party and I wired him the money.”

I knew he wired more than airfare. Sitting at the kitchen table, I looked at him. “How much did you send?”

“Enough to cover airfare, taxis to the airport, enough for a few passports, and some money for luggage and clothes. Not much.”

I looked at him, and he smiled. That was his trick, he knew I wouldn’t be upset if he smiled. The rascal was right. That smile was like a kid who got caught with his hand in the cookie jar.

I went and sat on his lap. Looking him in the eye, “Whisper to me what you sent.” He did I started to laugh. “There is no way you only sent 2500 dollars. That would only cover the airfare for one way.”

“Okay don’t get mad.” Then he whispered what he did send.

“Is there any money left in our bank account?”

“A few dollars in mine but most of yours is still intact.”

He had a 'poor me' face on as he told me this. I started to laugh and then he started to laugh. “You aren’t mad?”

“No, I could never be mad at you. Angry, yes. But mad, no. I guess that is what love is.”

“Now I am confused. What is the difference between mad and angry..”

“I’ll show you in bed tonight.”

The smile on Colin’s face told me what he was thinking.

 

The day Geno and his entourage arrived, we took one bus and two vans. Colin drove the bus Pepe and I drove the vans.

We waited for them where they would exit the luggage area. “Pepe, we will put the luggage in one of the vans. They can board the bus and any that can’t board the bus can board one of the vans. I had no idea how many would be coming. To Carl’s disappointment, he had to stay home.

I watched as the boys left the luggage area. With Pepe’s help. We directed them to the van for luggage and then to the bus. The bus holds 25, I was afraid we would need the van.

As it turned out, there were only 20 not counting Angela, Geno, Little Geno, and Little Angela. They rode with me, Little Geno kept me amused all the way home. He would tell me about the plane ride and little Angela would correct him. Then they would laugh.

 

As we approached the Connecticut border I noticed how quiet the children were. Glancing at them they were sleeping.

Arriving home, we unloaded their luggage now to find a place for everyone to sleep. Angela and Geno would take the spare bedroom on the second floor.

Roonie came and took the older boys, he had 4 bedrooms with bunk beds, so he took eight boys, all older boys. I knew there would be a little football being played for the next two months, weather permitting. We agree the boys could stay there but all meals will be held at our home or the Home. Maria went and stayed with Richie and Anne Marie. The girls used Maria’s room and the room occupied by the girls. The boys that stayed with us, used the bedrooms next to Carl’s studio and doubled in with the boys. I knew it wouldn’t be long before they would be sleeping on the living room floor in what they will call their nest. Carl and David will sleep in their room, Claiming there wouldn’t be any room on the floor.

Marie cheated, she was up way before the rest and started cooking. Crepes were stacked and placed in the oven to keep them warm. She was making scrawled eggs when I walked into the kitchen. “We will need several pots of coffee. I’ll make several pots and we can keep it hot in the oven.”

“If there is room. I have crepes in one and I was going to put the eggs in the small oven.”

“We could fill the crepe and keep them in the oven.”

“Okay you do that while I get the orange juice in pitchers “

For the next hour, Marie and I made crepes, scrambled eggs, and coffee. Ronnie, Julie, and the eight boys showed up. "fix you a plate here, and you can take it to the dining room. Maria, take the coffee and you can pour them a cup while I continue to make the crepes.” I no sooner got them out of the kitchen when Richie, Anne Maria, and Maria showed up. Maria took over making crepes, I continued to make the eggs and Marie kept the orange juice jug full and the coffee pot full. I didn’t expect Tommy and Pepe but guess who showed up following Tommy and Pepe, Ivan, Elsie, and Little Ivan. When Marie saw Elsie she hustled her into one of the few chairs in the dining room. Then she fixed a plate of crepe, a glass of juice, and a coffee. I noticed the coffee was heavy on the milk.

Now we waited for the boys, girls, Angela and Geno. Ronnie hustled the boys sleeping in the living room to get up and get dressed or no breakfast. In less than 10 minutes the boys were gone and the girls arrived for breakfast.

I was amazed, as one was finished eating, they brought their plates and glasses to the kitchen I smiled, they kept their coffee cups, refilled them, and went to sit in the living room. Colin finally woke up, I didn’t realize I had worn him out last night. We started to work out so he could start to lose weight. We called it a workout.

He stumbled into the kitchen, sat at the kitchen table, and asked me for a cup of coffee. Along with the coffee, I sat a plate of scrambled eggs I made for him. Looking at me, “No crepe?”

I rubbed his stomach, gave him a kiss and one piece of dry toast. “It will take more than a kiss to substitute for crepes and no. butter and jelly on my toast..”

I whispered something in his ear, and he smiled.

Colin losing weight was more for his health. I’d love him no matter how much weight he gained but I didn’t want to grow old without him.

Every time he would grown after taking a bite of dry toast, I’d kiss him. After the third time, I knew he was [laying a game. The fourth time I just blew him a kiss. Laughing he asked for a refill on his coffee.

Marie came and said the boys were eating breakfast now the rest are drinking coffee in the living room.

“Marie, take the rest of the day off. Maybe you and Mom could take in a movie. This herd can handle the kitchen.

Colin finished eating, “I’m going to run over to the club. We’ll have a late lunch there. The club doesn’t open until 3 so we can have a leisurely lunch.”

“Go quick or you will have company.”

“The boys can come.”

“I was thinking of Geno.’

Colin walked into the living room and announced, “I’m going over to the club to arrange for lunch today.”’”

He can say what he wants but he knew exactly what he did. Geno stood up, put his arm around Colin, and said, “Let’s go,” pulling Colin outside.

I heard them drive off. I began thinking Colin has something else up his sleeve. I had warned him and he went to announce where he was going and why. I am sure he knew Geno would want to go, Now I wondered what was up his sleeve.

“Anyone wants a little more coffee? There are about 6 cups in the pot.”

None of the adults but the older boys took the pot and poured about half of a cup. When I was handed the pot, it was empty.

As the group broke up, Ivan invited the boys to see his farm. I knew 6 boys who would take him up on his offer.

Saturday was fishing, Sunday we could go to Ivan’s farm and spend some time at the Home. I knew Carl would be busy, he had a model to paint.

Ronnie and Richie went home with the boys following. Ronnie was going to play a game of football. I told Tommy about fishing on Saturday and to bring over two buses. I knew I would need to buy more fishing rods.

I went to our woodworking shop, I needed two frames for my princess paintings.

While there I could hear Carl and Carla talking. Carl was trying to talk Carla into posing in the nude. She wasn’t going to do it.

“I have seen a lot of nude female nudes but I have never seen a male nude. You paint yourself nude and if I approve, I’ll think about you painting me.”

Now I wonder what was he going to do.

Later that evening Carl told me what Carla said. “Dad, have you ever painted someone in the nude?”

“Yes, When I was at Yale working on my master’s degree, we had women pose for us. I did paint one man in the nude. When it was done, he bought it.”

“What kind of nude was it? I mean was it a frontal, side view, or rear view.”

“Come with me. What I am about to show you must be kept only between you and me.”

Walking into our bedroom, I showed him the painting I did of Colin. He looked, “That's Pop.”

“Yes, his parents bought the painting and had it hung in their living room. When Pop’s dad died, Grandmother gave it to us. We hang it here because we didn’t want any of you to see it. This is something personal between Pop and me.”

Looking at me, “Dad, should I do it?”

“Carl, Pop, and I were in grad school. We were 22 at the time. I think you should wait. Suppose you do it. Carla will take the painting home and then everyone will see it. You won’t want to show your painting of her to all of the boys, So what would you do with it? Sell it? I think you would hide it. Do you really want people to see a naked painting of your girlfriend?”

“ No”

“Then wait until you and her are committed to each other.” He smiled and went back to his studio.

I headed to the Home as I wanted to put the painting of the girls in the frames I just made.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 25
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

19 hours ago, akascrubber said:

Wow--Feno arrived with a huge number of children from the village. Life became more complicated, but people pitched in without complaint. The visitors will have a wonderful time in the US, I expect.

Carl considered panting a nude picture of his girl. After talking with Armand, he will hold off till they are fully committed. Armand is finishing his princess paintings. I think money from the sale will be welcomed. He paid for the move of the children from Italy. He is spending his money to help others without worry.

I suspect Armand and Colin have a lot of laughs together. Colin's taste for heavy lunches is causing weight gain. 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
19 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Remember when Armand was sad because the original 4 kids were going off to college? With all the kids he has staying there now who has time to miss anybody?

Right. I'm glad he solved that problem by adopting more. i wonder how he will be as a grandfather

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
18 hours ago, mikedup said:

Well Geno brought a soccer t'eam with plenty of reserves , they settled in well, no drama , but times have definitely moved on they are going to have to put a lot of effort in to keep fit and slim , weight seems to slowly crawl onto your body and by the time you realise it, it becomes a problem to try to loose it , there is a very good saying "getting old is not for sissies, you need a will of steel" a good chapter 

Yes and don't forget those who "who like to see you eat" or those "who say you have to try this" knowing it will add an extra pound or two. There are a lot of restaurants who believe the size of the plate is more important than the taste of the food. a dieter's nightmare.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..