Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,289 Words
  • 1,283 Views
  • 19 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 140. Chapter 140

I finally convince my Mom and Dad to move into the house next to the gallery. Mom was all for it, Dad wasn’t. The usual comments, what are we going to do with our home, think about our friends. Mom handled that. “We’ll put the house on the market and we never where the type of people who entertained a lot. You’ll make new friends here. Then the coup d’etat, “Who is going to help Colin and Armand teach the boys fishing?”

That did it, the house is empty so they were going home, pack up, sell or give away furniture they don’t need.

I was glad. Being the only child and away from my parents there are times I miss them and worry about them. Now I can stop in and spend sometime with them.

Colin called and said he would be home this coming week-end. I couldn’t wait to see him. Ronny had a game on Friday night, I had the dad’s drive the buses to bring the group from the Home. Our team didn’t win but the Bullet score two touch downs. It wasn’t enough to win but to the boys he was a hero.

On the way to the Home, I stopped at an ice cream parlor and bought 4 drums of ice cream. Heading to the Home, I parked in front of the barn, took two of the ice cream drums to the kitchen then went to get the other two. I saw two of the boys and mentioned ice cream in the dining room. That was all I needed as they headed for the dining room. The food cart came down the isles with dishes of ice cream. The boys offered an ice cream toast to the Bullet.

Returning home, the boys wanted to sit on the roof. Sitting there quietly for a few minutes when Ivan said, “Your team should have won.” That was the opener to the boys making comments on the game. Even Ronnie made comments concerning bad plays and the way they should have played. “We should have run the plays.“

I noticed Ronnie getting tired. “Let’s call it a night. Ronnie is tired and needs his sleep.” They agreed, I did something I hadn’t done for a long time, I tucked them in.

I went and continued to work on my painting. I figured it would be finished in three weeks if I kept working on it as I have been. The frame will take a few days, so it should be finished by Christmas. That evening I spoke with GG. She told me Mom and Dad will be very happy living close to me. We talked about the Home. She told me that my adoptions from the Home isn’t over. She said some of the older children are able to make the adjustment as long as Colin and I acted in their interest. But there are children that need more permanency within a home environment. I thought of Toby and the little girl who was my inspiration for my painting in the Louvre.

She smiled, leaving me with a thought, Colin and I had room in our hearts for more.

The morning came, I was awaken by Ronnie handing me a cup of coffee, “Thanks, Ronnie,” patting the bed. Ronnie sat down on the bed.

“Dad, when is Pop coming home?”

“I hope tomorrow. Do you miss him?”

“We all do.”

“I miss him too. Maybe we should have a welcome home party.” His total mood changed.

“Yea” Then he was gone.

I got dressed for the day and by the time I reached the kitchen, James was there with his muffins. Ronnie was telling the boys about having a welcome home party for Pop.

“What do think about the muffins?”

“There good, but your muffins are always good. Why do you ask?”

“I didn’t make them, Peter did.”

The boys clapped, I gave him a hug. “Good job, Peter.” I think his smile lit up the kitchen.

“Peter, do you have your driving license?”

“Not with me. My uncle hasn’t forwarded them to me.”

I needed to talk with Colin and see what he can do to expedite his license. Once he has his license he could stay here and drive to the club in the morning after breakfast.

The afternoon when Colin returned the boys were in school. I knew they wanted to surprise him. Colin brought me up to date on the Barcelona project. Evidently everything is fine and he expects by next Christmas he will have recovered his investment. That was good news for me, no more trips to Barcelona for business.

“Let’s go to the club. I need some special paint I left there.”

“I thought you brought all of your painting supplies here.”

“I did, I thought I did but I’m missing some of my tools I need to make my frame for the painting. I’ll be finished with Arnaud’s painting except for the frame.”

“You are finish with the painting?”

“Almost”

“I want to see it.” Saying that Colin headed upstairs to see the painting.”

I followed him, whether it was the time of the day or the smile on Colin’s face, the painting seemed to glow,

“Armand, this is beautiful. If Arnaud doesn’t pay you at least 500,000, don’t sell it to him. I’ll bet Jean will put it on exhibit in the Louvre.”

“I told Arnaud I’d paint his son for free. Let’s see how he reacts.”

“Why did you tell him that?”

“I wanted him to determine the value.”

Colin just shook his head, gave Armand a kiss. “Where are the boys?”

“Probably with James. He’s teaching Ronnie how to drive.”

“Ronnie is too young.”

“By the time he has memorized all of the books James has him reading, he will be old enough. He will be 16 on his next birthday. That means it won’t be long before all of the boys will be driving.”

Colin looked stunned, “I didn’t realize they had grown up. But you are right. Where did the time go?”

Even though we took them shopping for clothes, we didn’t focus on the sizes, except shoes. Even I bought new shoes a size larger then my usual size. I blamed it on the shoe style.

“Let’s go to the club, I want to see the boys.”

Arriving at the club, “Help me get my tools I need for the frame.”

I placed the tools I needed in a wooden container that came with them when I bought them.

“I thought that case was empty. I saw that small knife but I didn’t realize it was for your frames “

“I need these to detail my frames before I apply paint or gild with gold or silver.”

I placed the box in my car. “Let’s go and see what new snacks Marcel has whipped up.”

Walking into the kitchen, no one was there. “I wonder where's everyone?”

Walking into the club, the lights were off. All of a sudden the lights came on, the boys rushed Colin.

“Welcome home, Pop.”

Colin looked at me, “You knew this?”

I just smiled, “They missed you.”

“I was only gone for a few days.”

“Yes, you were overseas, you flew over and flew back. It isn’t like going to New York City for a week-end. “

I don’t think Colin understands how much our boys miss him when he is gone. I remember I was closer to Mom growing up than Dad. But I enjoyed my time with Dad a lot more than my time with Mom. Time with Dad was special. I think that is the way the boys felt as well.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 25
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What's the old saying...A bad day fishing is much better than a good day working...

Mom was all for it, Dad wasn’t. The usual comments, what are we going to do with our home, think about our friends. Mom handled that. “We’ll put the house on the market and we never where the type of people who entertained a lot. You’ll make new friends here. Then the coup d’etat, “Who is going to help Colin and Armand teach the boys fishing?”

AND...it looks as if the family will be growing...YAY!!!!

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
9 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

Thank You Maestro for The Latest Chapter ,Joyous New Years To You as Well . 

Thank you for the undeserved title. I hope that 2023 will be gracious to you and grant you your well deserved wishes.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
9 hours ago, mikedup said:

Awesome ,the family is back together again, Colin I hope enjoyed the surprise, a  telling dream from CG I think that somehow the house is going to become a bit small for all the family, a happy new year to one and all, may the joy continue through the year

I think Colin has an idea of what is to come

  • Like 3
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
7 hours ago, Tonyr said:

During their  vacation in Europe Armand had a list of things to do once they got back home...

Wasn’t adopting Ivan a priority in that list?

It was and done. Because Ivan was already a ward of the guys, the judge just signed the papers. I think there wasn't and official announcement but I'm sure the boys knew and told him. In the eyes of Colin and Armand, he always was and treated as such.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, pickuptoy said:

Another Great chapter. Keep up the great work. 

Happy New Year to you, your family, and all your devoted readers and fans.

Thanks and the same to you and your family

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

Oh My--the boys will be driving soon. They are growing up. Armand is advised by GG that the family will need to be expanded as kids grow up.

Thungs are settling in. Armand's parents are moving next door to the club. Colin returned from Europe saying the Barcelona project is on track and will be able to pay him back. He is no longer needed to travel to supervise it.

Being Barcelona has a special place as a honeymoon spot, I think they will always make a stop.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
58 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

The family is back together ❤️ 

For a little while. For Armand, his total family is together with his mom and dad living across the street from him.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment

Oh my goodness, so many things are changing for the Rowe-Roberts family. The original boys that Armand and Colin took in and adopted are growing up. Little Ronnie, aside from now being a good ball player is studying to take his driving test when he turns 16 in a month. 

Armand finally convinced his Mom and Dad to sell their big home and 'semi-retire' and move into the building Armand owns next to the gallery. And Dad can "help Colin and Armand teach the boys fishing".

Armand's painting of Arnaud's son is finished just waiting for its frame with his signature >>>------> 'Arrow' imprint.

And GG is continuing to guide Armand and Colin in selecting new sons - little Toby - and at least one daughter, the baby girl Armand held at the old orphanage who was featured in his painting at the Louvre.

Thank you Cal @CLJobe for another wonderful chapter.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
On 1/9/2023 at 8:00 AM, Anton_Cloche said:

Oh my goodness, so many things are changing for the Rowe-Roberts family. The original boys that Armand and Colin took in and adopted are growing up. Little Ronnie, aside from now being a good ball player is studying to take his driving test when he turns 16 in a month. 

Armand finally convinced his Mom and Dad to sell their big home and 'semi-retire' and move into the building Armand owns next to the gallery. And Dad can "help Colin and Armand teach the boys fishing".

Armand's painting of Arnaud's son is finished just waiting for its frame with his signature >>>------> 'Arrow' imprint.

And GG is continuing to guide Armand and Colin in selecting new sons - little Toby - and at least one daughter, the baby girl Armand held at the old orphanage who was featured in his painting at the Louvre.

Thank you Cal @CLJobe for another wonderful chapter.

You are welcome. Surprises are coming 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I had to laugh at this:

Quote

Then the coup d’etat, “Who is going to help Colin and Armand teach the boys fishing?”

Dad was caught hook, line and sinker.  Armand is happy to be close to the parents, and the boys will get more time to spend fishing with Dad.  Done deal!

Quote

Colin looked stunned, “I didn’t realize they had grown up. But you are right. Where did the time go?”

Colin and Armand will definitely feel the empty nest syndrome in two years when the boys go out on their own.  These two should start to think about who is going to fill the empty rooms soon.  Their home needs a lot of happy voices to bring joy to them.

Nice ploy to get Colin to his surprise Welcome Home, Pop party.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..