Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 939 Words
  • 827 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 235. Chapter 235

Leaving the Home was getting harder and harder for me. Those children need love, a touch, a funny word, a kiss on their head, and a hug it meant a lot to them but to me, it was the richest feeling a person could ever have.

Arriving home, the kids got into their sleeping clothes, the two oldest girls didn’t want to sleep on the floor, so I let them sleep in the girl's room on the first floor.

The boys and Richie’s little girl, sat around the fake log fire, as we told stories while eating peanuts. I introduced them to Pierre’s peanut story. Now we all shared our peanut. They with me, me with them, and they with each other. I thought a thank you to Pierre, we now have a family tradition.

As time passed on, sleeping bags began to fill up. For me, it was story time. I started to read about Daniel Boone. I don’t think I got through the first chapter before they had fallen asleep. I was sitting on the floor when Ronnie and Richie entered with a very drunken French boy. I pointed to the bedroom, and that was the last I saw of Richie until morning.

“Dad, let’s talk.”

So we went to the kitchen, and I started making coffee. “What happened?” Somehow I knew something happened and it wasn’t good.

“Finding the hotel was easy, but parking was expensive. I think Pop should invest in a parking garage. We walked up to the desk and asked where Pierre’s company’s meeting was being held. We were here to drive our brother home. At first, the desk clerk said he wasn’t sure. Richie said he wanted to speak to the manager, he was a lawyer and if he didn’t get the manager in the next 5 minutes, he would sue the hotel.”

I looked at Richie, 5’7” versus Ronnie 6’3”. If I was that clerk I would probably have to go to the bathroom. Richie would need words but Ronnie would just need to glare at anyone and they would feel intimidated.

“The manager came asking if there was a problem. Richie told him they were here to pick up their brother and wanted to know where the dinner meeting was being held.”

I started to laugh visualizing the manager listening to Richie while looking at Ronnie.

“The manager looked at the clerk. He told him to help these gentlemen find their brother. Dad, Richie, and I started to speak to each other in French. Then we switched to Spanish followed by Italian. The Italian did it, I never saw a man move as fast. Richie and I decided we would speak in Italian the rest of the time we were there. I don’t understand why they gave us a hard time.”

“Look at how we are dressed. A fancy hotel, we are wearing jeans, tennis shoes, that had seen better days, and sweatshirts.”

“The clerk took us to the third floor and pointed to a door. Then took off. We walked to the door, and opened it, you wouldn’t believe your eyes. There were cocktail waitresses in very brief costumes offering drinks. Come to think of it, I didn't see any food. Did you, Rich?“

"There was a tray of small sandwiches on a table by the Dias but I wouldn’t want to eat them.”

“Sitting in a corner, with two other men, was our Pierre. Something didn’t look right. So Rich went over and interrupted them. I watched standing about 2 feet away. I could hear and they wanted Pierre to sign something. Rich sat on Pierre’s lap and asked the men if they were gay. One guy reached in his coat, I broke his arm. He was reaching for a gun. The other guy jumped up and fell to the ground. Something hit him and he was out. This guy comes over, drunk, I assumed he was the head guy. He looked at the two guys, looked at Rich, and was going to say something when the police arrived. It seemed our clerk hung around and called the police. When the police arrived Rich showed them a card. Dad, you won’t believe them one of the police recognized me from my football days. He wanted my autograph. Now the manager shows up, I wish I had a camera. Rich pulled out this fancy phone and started taking pictures. Switching to French we get Pierre to stand up, and check his wallet, he was missing all of his money. I picked up the guy from the floor, took his wallet, and removed all of the French money. My cop friend wanted to know what I was doing. I told him Pierre was my brother and this money was his. I looked at the other guy he handed me his wallet, he had a few French bills. Then Rich wanted the paper they were trying to get Pierre to sign. He said he didn’t have any papers. I took him by the collar of his suit coat and tore the coat in half. The cop said he didn’t see anything. Inside the left inside pocket were the papers. I started to laugh, the signature Pierre signed was Christian Arnaud.”

“I scan the papers it was ownership of his cottage that Christian was remodeling. Dad, we stopped at the hospital on the way here, Louis took a blood sample and said he would have results tomorrow. Now I’m tired and going home.”

“Wait, I’ll walk with you.”

The boys left, Colin was in bed and so was I.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 10
  • Wow 12
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

gold candle GIFPerhaps Pierre’s Cottage has a Secret down in its basement, Hidden Family Wealth or Nazi Stolen Art ? 

Spoiler


 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Love 4
Link to comment
On 11/23/2023 at 2:54 PM, weinerdog said:

I think Christian is either directly or indirectly involved in this.I'm not saying he wanted this to happen but something he did led to this.

Ron and Rich learned about family loyalty from Armand and Colin. It will be very interesting to find out about the details

i don't think Christian was involved with this plot. Christian was feeling poorly after turning his father down to adopt the boy. He knew he was in the wrong. The remodeling was his attempt to make it right. He was the one who let the cottage decay.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 11/23/2023 at 6:28 PM, drsawzall said:

I think @weinerdog may be on to something, we need to find out who set up the meeting and hired those thugs...

I don't think Christian was involved. If he was, I don't see how it would benefit him. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 11/24/2023 at 5:00 AM, Anton_Cloche said:

Interesting developments in this chapter @CLJobe.

Armand reveals his feelings for all 'his' children: "Leaving the Home was getting harder and harder for me. Those children need love, a touch, a funny word, a kiss on their head, and a hug it meant a lot to them but to me, it was the richest feeling a person could ever have".

Strange things are occurring when Pierre attends hotel business meeting for his company. Something that asks: Qu'est-ce qui se passe? (French for 'What is happening'?)

Appears 'someone' was hired to force Pierre to sign away the Paris cottage given to him by grandfather Arnaud. 'They' either drug or get Pierre drunk enough in order to get him to sign the papers, (but Pierre signs as 'Christian Arnaud?). 

The illegal activity is discovered when Ronnie and Richie arrive at hotel to pick up Pierre. They find a 'compromised' Pierre being robbed by one of the assailants who reaches for a hidden gun, (only to get his arm broken by Ronnie). Cops arrive and get involved.

Ronnie, Richie (and Louis?) take Pierre to hospital to get blood sample to verify if he was drunk or drugged by assailants, meaning he was coerced and legally voids anything signed.

Is something hidden in the cottage or grounds that Christian wants badly enough to do this? Don't forget he refused Arnaud's dying request to look after Pierre, causing Arnaud to ask Armand and Colin to adopt Pierre and 'protect' him.

Seems a simple conclusion of this story of Armand and Colin's lives is getting harder to do, or is this just tying up loose ends Cal? (Darn does this require another chapter, or five? :whistle: ).

Reminds me of “Godfather III,” when Michael Corleone, trys to turn his mob empire “legitimate", only to say ... 

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

 

🫂

 

The boys Richie and Ronnie are going to interview the two who are in jail. Something is going on here that isn't clearly evident.

 

  • Haha 1
  • Wow 3
Link to comment
On 11/24/2023 at 9:04 AM, raven1 said:

Like @weinerdog and @drsawzall I too am suspicious about the two thugs trying to steal Pierre's inheritance.  Did they attend the business meeting?  Were they stalking him when he left the meeting?  How did the all end up in the bar together?  The events just don't add up.  I was impress with how Ronnie and Richie handled the situation.  My one worry is what is driving Pierre to drink.  

The French normally have a glass of wine with their meal. I don't think they had their meal at the hotel. (I like a glass as well. Italians like to make their own wine.) We will find out what Richie and Ronnie find out.

  • Fingers Crossed 5
Link to comment
16 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

gold candle GIFPerhaps Pierre’s Cottage has a Secret down in its basement, Hidden Family Wealth or Nazi Stolen Art ? 

  Reveal hidden contents


 

  Reveal hidden contents

 

 

An interesting idea. We know the family goes back to Louie IX. Arnaud built the cottage for his daughter, Pierre's mother.

  • Love 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

An interesting idea. We know the family goes back to Louie IX. Arnaud built the cottage for his daughter, Pierre's mother.

Kind of like finding out you're related to exiled monarchy, who before being forced to abdicate,  filled wine casks with priceless Crown Jewels, and others with gold coins, then secretly sent them, and an 'unknown' heir, to America for safe-keeping. Mini-casks you discovered among real wine-filled barrels in the cellar of a centuries old stone house you inherited.

Or discovering the old oil painting of a great-great grandfather 'Manny', hanging in the library, above an antique Victrola, hides a vault full of jewels and gold. 

il_fullxfull.2506116048_c0xc.jpg

Hmm, wonder what made me think of that? :whistle:

 

🫂

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Wow 2
Link to comment
On 11/26/2023 at 5:25 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

Kind of like finding out you're related to exiled monarchy, who before being forced to abdicate,  filled wine casks with priceless Crown Jewels, and others with gold coins, then secretly sent them, and an 'unknown' heir, to America for safe-keeping. Mini-casks you discovered among real wine-filled barrels in the cellar of a centuries old stone house you inherited.

Or discovering the old oil painting of a great-great grandfather 'Manny', hanging in the library, above an antique Victrola, hides a vault full of jewels and gold. 

il_fullxfull.2506116048_c0xc.jpg

Hmm, wonder what made me think of that? :whistle:

 

🫂

You might be closer than you think. What reason would Christian have to own the cottage. 

  • Wow 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..