Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 550 Words
  • 2,885 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 7. Chapter 7

It wasn’t until the second year that there was a change for Armand. The year started with live models. Each model came from the University, and their pose was their choice, nude or clothed.

It was four months before the end of the term when a model appeared and would pose in the nude. The model sat on the lounge after removing his robe. Armand stared at the model. To Armand, this model was Adonis. Armand couldn’t begin his painting for three days, and he kept staring at the model. “Armand, concentrate on the form and not the eyes.”

Armand looked at his professor, who was laughing, form not eyes began to move from heart to brain. Armand went and got a very large canvas, and he started to prep it, all the time thinking, form not eyes. One week later, Armand began to paint.

It took him ten weeks to finish the painting. His professor looked at the finished painting and called the model to come and look at his painting. When he saw it, he took out his phone from his robe and called his dad. “Dad, you have to come and see this painting, and I want you to buy it for me.”

Armand looked at his professor, who was all smiles. The model asked Armand how much he wanted for the painting. Armand had no idea what the painting was worth, and he had forgotten the form and was now hypnotized by the eyes. The professor saw this, “Why don’t you make an offer?”

The model looked at the painting and then looked at Armand, “I’ll pay you 150,000 for that picture.”

Armand hesitated, “Armand, let’s wait until Colin’s father arrives. Colin, you might want to get dressed.”

With Colin gone, Armand looked at the painting. Other students also came and looked at it. The cubists thought it was a nice painting. The professor smiled, “Armand, you need to sign it.”

Armand smiled as he painted his Arrow in the right bottom corner. When the professor saw it, he smiled. “So you are Arrow. I have heard about you from some colleagues of mine. I’m honored you are in my class, and now I understand your comments. If his father agrees to pay Colin’s offer, take it.”

“It isn’t finished. I need to frame it.”

“You can do that after you sell it.”

Colin came back, dressed. He kept looking at the painting as he talked to Armand. He never noticed the Arrow. Armand was fascinated with Colin. It was as if every word he spoke was a harmonious sound. When they looked at each other, something clicked in both of them. Armand was a good-looking young man, which didn’t escape Colin’s eyes either.

When Colin’s father arrived, Colin showed him the painting and then introduced him to Armand. His father looked at the painting up close, and from a distance, he noticed the Arrow. “Professor, if you can convince this young man to sell this painting to me, I’ll give a 200,000 dollar grant to your department.”

“The decisions are Arrow’s; I mean Armands.”

“I’ll need to frame it first. Give me two weeks, and I’ll have it finished.”

Colin and his father smiled. Armand couldn’t believe his painting netted 350,000 dollars.

And now love has entered Armand's life. Will this screw up his creative future?
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 35
  • Love 38
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The man has talent & for once he has seen beyond his art, he believes In his abilities or is begging too & love could be in the air!?!? What more could he want for at his young age!?  ❤🤩🤩

  • Like 5
Link to comment

All great artist have there muse and I think Colin will be Armands!:yes::heart:Paint The Picture Smiley

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Armand's compensation for the painting may be much more valuable to him than the money paid by Collin's father.  From the start of this chapter, we know when Armand started to fall for Colin.  I wonder when Collin started to fall for Armand.  Does Collin's eyes and smile in the picture reflect his feelings about Armand?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..