Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,305 Words
  • 1,363 Views
  • 11 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 132. Chapter 132

The plane trip to Rome to wasn’t anything special. They had flown from Rome to Barcelona so they knew what to expect. It was evident the boys were quite comfortable flying. Landing in Rome, they acted as well traveled travelers. Walked to our gate for our flight home, our boys acted like seasoned travelers.. This show of confidence helped the villagers. It was obvious to them that the trip to and from Barcelona was like a hop compared to what waited ahead for them.

The boys went to the window watching our plane getting ready for our flight home. Pepe was holding Tommy’s hand and he wasn’t going to let go. When our flight was ready for boarding, we waited in line until they boarded business class.

Walking into our section of the cabin, seating was two -three per row. Our boys decided that one would sit in the three row with two from the village. Tommy, Pepe and Alissa took the three seater across from Colin who also had a villager next to him. We continued that seating until everyone was seated. Language was a concern, so we needed to have our boys who can translate for their guests. As it turned out, the flight out of Rome had staff that spoke Italian as well as English.

Settled in, our boys were now experts in flying. I listened to them as they explained what would happened after takeoff. I heard Colin laughing, I thought the boys did a great job.

After take off, they would try and catch Colin and my eye. I gave them a thumbs up and although I couldn’t see what Colin did, I would bet he did the same thing.

The steward came and told everyone that dinner will be served s soon as they reach altitude. I caught Richie mouthing the words of the steward. The steward came back and went through the safety information and checked seatbelts. Then the plane started to accelerate and we were airborne. I heard, ‘into the wild blue yonder’.

The flight home was routine for us but an eye opener for the village kids. The flights from Rome to Barcelona and back were short as compared to the flight home.

 

I relaxed thinking about what I had to do. I needed to paint Arnaud’s son, I wanted to paint the village children, the orphanage. I forgot to check with Colin. About the new orphanage. I’m sure he had talked to Charles. .I was so bent on helping Alesander I lost my focus on the orphanage.

Walking to Colin’s seat, “Colin, what is the latest on the orphanage. I got so wrapped up in Alesander’s business and the kids, I forgot to ask you.”

“The orphanage is finished. They are waiting for your approval. We’ill go over this afternoon.”

I kissed him and the boys went woo-woo.

I went back to my seat, touching the kids on their heads as I walked past them.

Back to my list, why are they waiting for me? If the orphanage is ready ,they should go ahead and move in.

Colin came to me seat, “Relax, they are making a final check list. The cooks and the medical staff have moved in.”

I looked at him, trying to judge if he was telling me the truth. Looking into his eyes, I knew he was telling me the truth, Colin never lied to me and I don’t think he could. He was going to the restroom, I followed. I wanted a kiss and I wanted him to know I am not worried anymore about the orphanage. I chuckled, the amount of information a kiss could convey is amazing.

As we got closer to arriving at JFK, the more excited I became. I enjoyed our family vacation but I wanted to be home. I don’t know why but when you are anxiously waiting for something, it takes forever. I wanted off the plane and on my way to the orphanage, like right now. I knew that wasn’t going to happen but my emotions began to run high. The boys said I kept saying, let’s go why are you flying so slow.

The orphanage was important to me. Those children need a home and if I can’t provide for one in my home, I’ll provide a home for them that will be the epitome of all orphanages.

I was so lucky to have Colin in my life. I must have thanked GG a thousand time. Then I felt the bump.

I didn’t realize that we were home. I didn’t feel the plane landing, my mind was a long way away thinking about past flights and one particular, our honeymoon.

Realizing we landed, now we needed to clear customs and that would take a while. Thirteen children and nine with new Italian passports required a little more scrutiny, A 'welcome home' wasn’t appropriate. The custom inspector did welcome them and hoped they would have a nice time. Luggage claim was a lot easier, we showed our tickets and we were through. I was so proud of our boys, they acted so grown up, welcoming their friends to America. Dad had the vans delivered.

We put the luggage on top of the van I would drive, Mom and Dad were going to stay at Mary and Johns, so their luggage was put in the van Colin was driving. Some of the boys rode with them, the rest rode with me.

I decided to follow Colin and help him to unload his van, then follow Colin to the orphanage. Making that decision, Marie and Ivan decided they would ride with me. Colin loaded his van, two of the village children joined me, one on Marie’s lap.

Pulling up to John and Mary’s house, I helped to unload the luggage. “I’m going to the orphanage, we can get together tomorrow. Dad, Colin will want your help when he goes looking for a fishing boat this week.” Saying that, I followed Colin to the orphanage.

Pulling in front of the barn, the boys, Marie, Colin and I headed for the front of the house. Colin had keys and opened the door. I could smell coffee, and that was the greatest smell . I headed for the kitchen. “Where are you going?”

“Someone is in the kitchen and I smell coffee.”

“Boys, Marie let’s follow him. I think the cooks are here and maybe we can get a snack.”

Now a parade, 2 adults, 13 boys and one girl following Armand to the kitchen.

The cooks weren’t expecting us and when Armand walked into the kitchen they were startled. “May I have a cup of coffee?” That seemed to startle them out of their current state. Then the questions, when did you arrive? (cups arrived) milk? Sugar? “We didn’t expect you until next week.”

“Pat is going to be surprised. She was hopping to be moved in before you arrived.”

“He couldn’t wait to get here. Let’s sit in the dining room and you can bring us up to date.”

One of the cooks, I think her name was Emma, went downstairs, I knew that's where the large fridges and the washing and drying machines. where When she returned, she had two ladies with her. Introductions made, Emma said these ladies were the housekeepers.

Now the boys introduced their friends from Italy. These women were like grandmothers. I don’t believe a normal person could work in an orphanage. You needed a certain personality to be able to address the broken hearts all of these children have. They don’t wear them on their arms but they are on their hearts. These feelings won’t go away but I believe they will help to form the kind of men and woken these children will become.

We are home
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 24
  • Love 28
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/13/2022 at 8:14 AM, mikedup said:

Home sweet home, or should I say home sweet  almost home , I am sure they are all glad to be home, although they need to get home soon no doubt 

Yes, and they do for a surprise

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
On 12/13/2022 at 8:20 AM, scrubber6620 said:

They are home and it feels comfortable and welcoming.

Then trip was eye opening and enjoyable. The village kids were given wonderful care and properly educated in flying practices.

Colin and Armand and the kids in tow had to visit the new orphanage after they landed. The first impressions were good. The staff the met seemed helpful and should be very supportive of the kids living in the orphanage. 

The staff have a dream job, something they like to do, grandmother mentality and private bedrooms. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
23 hours ago, weinerdog said:

The new orphanage is ready to go.It will be interesting to see how things will be run.While I'm sure there are some state laws and regulations they have to follow will Pat have more say of how to do things?Will Armand and Colin have any say?

If they did have a say, it'll be backing up Pat. With Colin's contacts at the State level they will backing Pat. They can proudly show a state of art, orphanage

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
18 hours ago, JohnnyC said:

I’m hoping Armand paints a murals in their Dining Room ,Dorms & Play Rooms ! , They will be on a Charity Board with Their Sons to Take Care of GG’s Orphanage for Generations to Come ! Happy Children Childrens Day GIF by the darks

I am sure those Mantes in the dining room and living room will have paintings by Armand. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Ahh, home at last. Well, at least the 'Residence'. Like Armand said in Chapter 103:   "... orphanage. I thought about that name, I hated it. I don’t know why but it seemed to be a stigma assigned to the kids that lived there"

I really don't care for the name 'orphanage' as it carries too many negative connotations. For the children in its' "care" it is a feeling of being unwanted and/or abandoned, with hope that keeps getting dashed when you're not chosen, or worse chosen and then returned like an animal to the 'pound'. To adults and outsiders it brings pity, scorn or worse.  "Home of God's Angels" as Armand calls it in Chap 104 is better.  

GG's 'Home of God's Angels' (maison des anges de Dieu).  A tribute to GG would work: 'Guardian Angel's Home' (Maison L'anges gardiens)?

         angel GIF

Or perhaps Armand found a frieze above a doorway in France that he can put or paint above the entry...

         images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjGnZl_0nXCHAM2ADncxs

Anyway, they have arrived, all seems to be in order and Patricia seems to have put together a good and compassionate team. Now we await to see 'Richie's House' 2.0 and his and Marie's reactions.

Time for Armand to get back to painting and Colin to 'running' things including John's health.

Edited by Anton_Cloche
  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 12/15/2022 at 9:40 AM, Anton_Cloche said:

Ahh, home at last. Well, at least the 'Residence'. Like Armand said in Chapter 103:   "... orphanage. I thought about that name, I hated it. I don’t know why but it seemed to be a stigma assigned to the kids that lived there"

I really don't care for the name 'orphanage' as it carries too many negative connotations. For the children in its' "care" it is a feeling of being unwanted and/or abandoned, with hope that keeps getting dashed when you're not chosen, or worse chosen and then returned like an animal to the 'pound'. To adults and outsiders it brings pity, scorn or worse.  "Home of God's Angels" as Armand calls it in Chap 104 is better.  

GG's 'Home of God's Angels' (maison des anges de Dieu).  A tribute to GG would work: 'Guardian Angel's Home' (Maison L'anges gardiens)?

         angel GIF

Or perhaps Armand found a frieze above a doorway in France that he can put or paint above the entry...

         images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTjGnZl_0nXCHAM2ADncxs

Anyway, they have arrived, all seems to be in order and Patricia seems to have put together a good and compassionate team. Now we await to see 'Richie's House' 2.0 and his and Marie's reactions.

Time for Armand to get back to painting and Colin to 'running' things including John's health.

I missed this when I answered some of the comments. I'm glad I went back and checked for your comments. Armand's concern was exactly that. You have given me an idea

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Returning home is always a great feeling now matter how wonderful the vacation.  Now to get organizing the extra kids, and getting the backlog of projects down a bit.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..