Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,244 Words
  • 1,219 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 131. Chapter 131

The day for our departure arrived. Now we needed three cars to the airport. They agreed they would return with Nonna when she returned from her Thanksgiving vacation.

I had booked additional seats from Rome to Barcelona. We would stay in Barcelona for three days and then head home.

I have never seen 9 children so well behaved. We had to wait 45 minutes to board. They sat very still, Ronny went and got bags of peanuts for all of them. Now, eating salty peanuts leads to water which leads to needing the rest rooms. Marie took the young lady, the boys took the boys. Just as they all came back, the boarding of our plane started. The flight from Rome to Barcelona is a little over an hour. It seemed we no sooner sat down than we were landing. The kids from the village hardly moved during the whole flight. I smiled thinking before the summer is over, they would be pros.

Landing in Barcelona, gathering our luggage, we headed to the hotel. Arriving back at the hotel we had been staying at, the desk clerk smiled when he saw us, until he saw all of the children. We rented the suite for Marie and Alessia, individual rooms for our moms and dads. I rented rooms for the boys. The hotel said they would put in rollaways. Colin and I had a separate room as well. The desk clerk did put us all on one floor. I asked the boys to share a room with their guests.

Settled in, they had to try the pool. That’s when I found out all of the Italian boys and Alessia didn’t have swimming suits. I asked Marie to take Alessia to the lobby store and buy her a swim suit. Colin took the boys.

With their swim suits on, they headed for the pool on the roof. Colin went with them, along with the Grands. I met with Charles’s boys and headed to the house. Arriving at The house I was surprised the wharf was finished and Grandfather had his boat moored there. I went to talk to him.

“Grandfather, you have moved.”

“Yes, this is a great idea that Alesander has. I think he will do well.”

Walking back toward the house, I walked into the kitchen. Alesander’s mother recognized me and I was given the grand tour. Alesander was In the office. “Well, how’s business?”

Looking up, when he saw me, he came and gave me a hug. “This is unbelievable. Grandfather has moved his boat from the wharf. I think a few of his friends might join him.”

“Did you get your driving license?”

“Yes, does Marko know you are in town?”

“No,, but he will. We will have dinner theire tonight.”

“When the other boats come in, I’ll see that he has enough lobsters.”

“Why don’t you join us. I want to see his face when we all show up.” I didn’t say anything about the children. “Before I go and ask Grandfather about a fishing trip tomorrow, how about a tour?”

He smiled, this young man was grateful of Colin’s help. You could see it in his manner. As he showed me his bedroom and what was done,

Then the new bathroom, upstairs and downstairs. The downstair bathroom were a duplicate of what we had in the club.

The dining room, had furniture that looked like it came from the sea. The wood appeared to have been from old boats, planks that were from old buildings, A sea anchor on the wall and a photo of Grandfather and his boat.

“How busy are you?”

“The local crowd is here from 12:30 to 1:30 then we slow up.”

“I’d like to bring the guys here for lunch.”

“Are they still here. I thought they left two days ago.”

“Yes, they are still here. I think they wanted Colin to check out their work in case he found something to be corrected.”

I knew that wasn’t the reason. Colin gave them a few days to go sightseeing.

“Where is Colin?”

“He’s back at the hotel with the boys. They wanted to go swimming.”

“I hope he likes what we have done.”

“I’m sure he will, now I need to talk to Grandfather about a fishing trip tomorrow morning. We’ll see you for lunch later.”

Grandfather was sitting in a lounge chair on the wharf. “Grandfather, are you up for a fishing trip tomorrow morning?”

“I’m always ready. You have the boys with you?”

“Yes and their friends. Can you handle 12 boys and 1 girl?”

“Sure, and I’m assuming you and your dads will be along as well.”

I nodded and looking at the boat, it will be a little crowded.

 

Walking into Marko’s he looked, and then he started to count. With Colin and I and Charlie’s men, add to that our 4 boys and their nine friends, our parents and Marie, he shook his head no. “Come on Marko, you will be known in Italy as well as the US. Surely you can serve us our last meal in Barcelona."

That seemed to work, he set up tables, the boys sat at one table and a young lady reigned as queen. We set at another table, Colin and I were close to the boys. Alesander brought in several lobsters, “I thought he might not have enough.”

Marko took them, I over heard his whisper to Alesander, “These are a peace gift right.”

I started to laugh and then I had to whisper to Colin. The. boys looked at me, I smiled and winked at them,

If there was ever a farewell dinner, this was it. The food was excellent and so was the wine. Of course, the boys had to act driunk as we walked to the hotel.

Charles’s men and Colin checked everything at Alesander’s, Satisfied, they checked out. I booked them in an afternoon flight to Rome and then from Rome to JFK.

I arranged for a car to take them to some of the well known tourist sites in Rome, St, Peter’s being one. I knew some of the men where Catholics.

We stayed another day, we had fishing to do. Colin stayed with Alesander, I and the dads took the boys fishing. The ladies made a last trip sightseeing, Colin gave his mom his camera so she could take photos.

Fishing was something else. I was glad I had the Dads, and our boys. They were showing their village friends how to fish. The excitement when they caught a fish had all of us laughing.

We had a full load of fish, and no huge tuna. The traps were full of shrimp and lobster. If I didn’t know better, I would have believed GG had her fingers in todays activity.

Pulling into the wharf at Alesander’s, Colin came to help unload. As soon as he saw the holds were full, he went and got the two boys who worked for Alesander to help unload.

Saying goodbye to everyone, we headed back to the hotel. I wanted everyone to get a shower and dressed for our trip home. “When will your eturn?”

“Not for at least a month. I’ll call and check on how he’s doing. If he is doing okay, then I’ll come over when Carmella is due to come over.”

I checked everyone out, taxi’s to the airport, flight to Rome and then from Rome to JFK. We were on our way home.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 22
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 12/12/2022 at 7:45 PM, Anton_Cloche said:

And those stories? Drafted? Stored on laptop? USB key in mayonnaise jar on Funk & Wagnall's door step?  Old fashion hand written notebook? ✍🏼️

Don't rely on Siri or Alexa as both of those are one 'Happy Hour' 🍸🍹 away from not remembering squat. :rofl:

One would be surprised, they may be classifies as porn.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
On 12/12/2022 at 8:00 PM, mikedup said:

Well another awesome holiday has come to an end of sorts , a lot of things to do and get organised at "home" the orphanage is no doubt on top of the list , then of course the city council is going to be in for a very large shock when they find out they will loose money and I think that when they do they will try to get it back but I also think that they will hit a brick wall then the games will really begin , when they build a new house they will need it to be very big to accommodate the growing number of boys and sooner or later girls, but sorry boys the holiday is over

Yes all good things must come to an end. The boys have expiernced more at their age then must people experience in a life time.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

A very successful vacation trip, when it wasn't a successful business trip. With GG's help, Armand and Colin take multitasking to a new level.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..