Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 761 Words
  • 672 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 232. Chapter 232

Pierre arrived home for his quarterly meeting. He brought photos of his cottage. I looked at them, if I had to design a cottage for him it would look exactly like this.

“Dad, I want you and Pop to come back with me.”

“I don’t know Pierre. At our age traveling isn’t a pleasure anymore.”

“Dad, we’ll be flying the company plane. There is room where you and Pop can lay down. Please, I want you to see the cottage.”

“I won’t promise but I’ll discuss it with Pop.”

That evening, lying in bed, “Pierre wants us to go and see his cottage. What do you think?”

“Where would we stay? The pictures of the cottage doesn’t look very large.”

“We could stay in Grandmere’s house.”

“Like we did when we were first there?”

I started to laugh, remembering the first time we stayed there as a married couple. “Yes, like we did then.”

In the morning before Pierre left for his meetings, I told him that Pop and I would fly back with him. We had a peanut.

On Friday, after Pierre left for his meeting, I called Ronnie and asked him to stop over before he went to school.

“Dad, have the coffee ready I’ll be right over.”

I wanted Ronnie and Ritchie to go and bring Pierre home when his dinner meeting is over. I remember the time he called and said he was staying in town and wouldn’t be coming home until the next morning. He had to much to drink and his boss booked him a room. I didn’t want that to happen again.

I had Ronnie’s coffee ready when he stopped. I told him what I would like for him and Richie to do, “Dad, I’ll do it but could you watch the kids. Julia has some meeting tonight.”

I thought, what good news. Pierre get’s home safely, I have a house full of my grandchildren, this is a win-win situation for me.

“Have the children come here straight from school. I’ll have a snack for them.”

Watching Ronnie leaving, I realized Colin was still in bed.

Walking into the bedroom, he was awake. “You okay?”

“Yes, I was thinking about Paris and when we stayed at Grandmere’s house. Do you think she knew what we did?”

“Grandmere was wise beyond her age, What are you doing?”

He was laughing as he pulled me onto the bed. “I love you. I never expected the life we had when I first met you. There was something about you that intrigued me. You weren’t like the other art students. I know what it was, you were like the old romantic painters of the past. I think that was when I decide to pose for you.”

“It has been a ride, but I don’t want to stop and get off the train.”

I laid next to him, I was very lucky when I met him.

“Did you make coffee?”

“Yes, but you need to shower. Do that and I’ll have your breakfast ready.”

Making breakfast for Colin wasn’t a chore, for me it was taking care of the love of my life.

Walking into the kitchen, I was surprised to see Charles. “Are you okay?”

“Dad, who is that lady that comes at night?”

“In a rocking chair?”

“Yes”

“She is my great, great grandmother. She visited me ever since I was a young boy. I learned to paint from her. When she was alive, she was considered a great artist, She has paintings in art museums. Why do you ask? Did she visited you last night?”

“She visits me often. We just talk.”

“Has she brought your peanuts for you to see?”

“No”

“The next time you see her, ask her how your parents are doing and if you may see them,” I heard the squeaking of the rocker.

“I need you to make some soup. Ronnie’s children will be here after school.”

While we were talking, I was making breakfast for Colin, Charles and my self.

Colon walked into the kitchen, seeing Charles, “Who is that old man who is helping you?”

“Be careful old man, you don’t have your breakfast yet.”

Colin appeared in a good mood, I was glad.

The three of us had breakfast, Colin left for a meeting with Charles theThird, and our Charles started his soup. I went to the gallery to see if Carla needed any help. I went to bring the baby back home. I was sure Carl hadn’t finished the painting he was working on.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 26
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A very interesting chapter, it made me think that, Pierre is wanting to show his fathers that they saved him and that he has made a success of his life , and he needs their approval of where he is in his life , a place he would not have been had it not been for them , GG is making herself known among their children and grandchildren, the continued link from the past continues into the future, and as such that is secure, a thought provoking chapter.

  • Love 5
Link to comment

GG's there for the family and not just Armand.  Her heritage will give each of the next generation the hope and inspiration to succeed.  I am glad to see Pierre is accomplishing his dreams.  

  • Love 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..