Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 2,560 Words
  • 1,592 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 62. Chapter 62

The week with Carmella seemed to pass quickly. When the club was opened, I spent time at the bar and she spent time in the kitchen with Marcel. Every once in a while I could smell some Italian delicacy. That was when I slipped into the kitchen for a taste.

Tony, Marie and Billy came to lunch on Sunday. Tony looked at the mural and soon Marie and Bobby joined him. He would point out something and tell a story about it. It usually started with, ‘when I was there’ or ‘when mom and I were there’. Then a story would follow. Carmella had to show Marie the kitchen and introduce Marcel to her. Bobby watched the bus boys and waiters.

Before they left, what I was waiting for happened. Bobby came and asked if he could work on Sundays as a bus boy. “Ask your dad first. If he says it’s okay then it’s okay with me.” That was how Bobby came to work for us.

“Colin, the cruise ship is due in New York in three days. We need to get the bedroom on the third floor ready for them.” So for the next two days, I cleaned the third floor with two helpers, Carmella and Thomas. I would pick up Thomas in the morning and return him in the evening. I noticed Colin paying more attention to him.

The newly weds arrived and we took two cars to the dock. Watching as the ship docked, customs boarded, and soon we saw people walking down the ramp. Their luggage was on the dock and a customs official was there with a dog. We watched as the dog sniffed the luggage. If there was a question, one of the ships crew pulled the luggage aside.

It seemed we were waiting a long time, checking my watch it was only 20 minutes. Soon I heard Carmella yelling and waving. There was Angela and Geno walking down the ramp, waving.

Carmella whispered to me, “I think you now have an Italian brother.” And she was right. When Angela hugged her mother, Geno hugged me, whispering thanks in my ears. Then it was Colin’s turn while I got a hug from Angela.

Colin and I picked up their luggage, Mom and Dad, took the luggage along with Carmella, the newly weds rode with Colin and I.

We went straight to the club. The club will be opened tonight, so I thought it best to get them settled. Carmella took over, every once in a while I would laugh and then explain what they said. Carmella took them into the club, Colin took their luggage to the third floor.

I followed them into the club, Jimmy was setting up the bar. I introduced Angela and Geno to Jimmy. I told him they were newly weds, so he insisted we have a toast. A bottle of wine, my favorite, was opened and glasses were filled. Actually three bottles of wine were opened. We toasted the newly weds. Marcel heard us and joined us as we raised our classes.

I watched the newly weds as they looked around the club. Carmella took over and guided them to the mural. Then the comments, (translated) look remember we were there, there are the Spanish Steps, and this continued until the band arrived. They made a lot of noise as they set up.

Geno had to come over to see what was happening. We had the last of the wine, “Geno, when did you eat last?”

“This morning, we had breakfast.”

“Come and get something to eat. Drinking this wine on an empty stomach is not a good idea.” I led him to the kitchen, we sat at the kitchen table. “Marcel, do you have any Tapas ready. My brother hasn’t eaten anything since this morning.” We laughed as Marcel set a plate before him. In Italian, he told him to eat.

Watching Geno eat and talk to Marcel and me, I realized this isn’t the same Geno I met. He’s no longer an impish boy, he is now a married man and, in his mind, he is now a man and must act as a man.

Bill was at the desk, I told him who my guests were. “Angela, Geno, sign your name here.”

“Bill, put my number after their names. Geno, when you order food or wine, they will give you a slip of paper. Sign the paper and add this number.”

As the members began to arrive, I introduce Geno and Angela. I was surprised one of the girls spoke Italian. “Anna, I didn’t know you spoke Italian.”

“Yes, I did a semester in Italy when I was in high school. A student exchange program.”

“Then I’ll leave them in your hands. They know about signing for food and drinks.”

Now I need to find Mom, Dad and Carmella. Eventually, I found them on the roof.

Mom, Dad, stay and have dinner with us. I’ll have Marcel set the table in the kitchen for us.

Laughing, “We were hoping you would ask.”

Every once in a while, I would check on the honeymooners. Colin had joined them at the table. Thanks to Anna, she was the interpreter. Mom and Dad did dance, one time, just before they left.

 

Carmella came and said the newlyweds are getting tired. I told Colin I would show them to their bedroom and be right back. “Geno, you must be tired, come with me and I’ll show you where you will sleep while you are here. Tomorrow, I'll give you a tour.”

“Armand, first a dance.”

I asked the band if they had any Italian music in their repertoire. They had one that was popular, Amore. They played that song as the newly weds danced. Since it was a popular song, some of the members began to sing it. Between the wine, and the festivities, I heard a new voice as Geno also sang the lyrics, only he sang them in Italian. When the music was over, some of the boys patted him on the back.

I took them by their arms and led them up the stairs to the third floor. I showed them the bedrooms, “This bedroom is your Geno and this bedroom is yours Angela.” Then I waited, in Italian, “No No, she sleeps with me now.” I laughed as I left them alone.

Going back to the club, I went into the kitchen and told Carmella that the newly weds had gone to bed. She decided she would turn in as well.

I spent the rest of the evening with Colin. Locking up, we went to the roof garden. For us this was the place to relax. It was our special haven.

The night was cool but you could smell rain in the air. “You won’t have to water the flowers tonight. It looks like rain.”

“One of these days, I want to sleep here when it’s raining.”

“Why?”

“I’ll put a tin roof over the cabana and then when it rains, it’ll dance on the roof.”

I just looked at him. “Come to bed and I’ll dance for you.”

Sleeping with Colin always feels like the first time. Something about his smell, it’s a clean smell from the shower, but for me it is like an aphrodisiac. I am at peace when he is sleeping beside me.

Waking to the smell of coffee, I knew who was up. Looking into Colin’s eyes, “How long have you been awake?”

“I heard Carmella getting up. I think that is what woke me.”

“Why didn’t you wake me?”

“I couldn’t wake you. You seemed like you were somewhere where flowers bloomed and trees whispered to you. I don’t think I have ever seen you so relaxed.”

I grabbed him, pulling him to me, I kissed him. “I love you”

He kissed me back, pulled the cover off, smacked me on my ass, “Let’s take a shower.”

I gabbed my robe and followed his naked ass to the bathroom. He slowed up as he reached the door, bumping into him, I reached down and pinched his ass. He yelled.

“Is everything alright.”

“What did she say?”

“Are you okay. You go first since you need to get ready for work.”

“I don’t want to go to work. We have company from Europe.”

“I don’t think your dad will go along with you taking a day off.”

“What are you going to do?”

“I’l take them to the gallery to show them the village. Probably to Pete’s for lunch and then back home.”

“Bring me a Pete special. You can drop it off at my office.”

“Okay, anything else?”

“Nope, just my morning kiss.”

I just laughed, sometimes he acts like a teenager. So I kissed him, making sure he wouldn’t forget it.

We just finished breakfast when I heard the horn. “Your dad is here. Take him a coffee.”

I saw him take a roll with the coffees.

I think the horn woke the newly weds. Carmella was setting the table for their breakfast, I had finished mine and went to get dressed for the day.

When I came back out to the kitchen, Angela and Geno were just sitting down.

“Good morning. Did you sleep well?”

“Yes”

“Good, today I thought you might like to see my gallery. Then we will have lunch and return here. The club opens today at 4 and I like to he here at 3:30.”

They thought that would be interesting and I saw the small smile on Carmella’s face. She knew the village is what I wanted to show them.

While they finished breakfast, I had another cup of coffee. Carmella said she was going to get dressed, she was in a robe.

When every one was ready, we walked through the club kitchen to use the back door. We met Marcel entering as we were leaving. Carmella said something to him and he nodded indicating agreement.

The ride to the gallery, I pointed out Yale. “That is where I got my Master’s degree and where I met Colin.”

Pulling into the parking space at the gallery, I escorted them in and steered them to the office. Mary was there and since she knew them, they chatted for a while. I was the silent translator.

Carmella took them to see my paintings. “Mom, we are going to have lunch at Pete’s today. Can you come with us?”

“Armand, I would like to but I have several shipments to make today. I sold one of your paintings plus I have several from the School. I’ll take a rain check.”

I know that wasn’t the reason. Not being able to speak Italian or our guests not being able to speak English, can give one a feeling of being outside of the crowd.

I walked with them as they checked out my paintings. Angela was surprised when she saw the painting of her on the church steps. I hadn’t finished the wedding paintings but Colin did give them a set of photos.

Then the village. I watched as Carmella lead them to the room. When they walked in, I heard a gasp. As they walked along, you would hear, ’That’s the bar, remember when we were sneaking our first kiss there. There’s Giovanni and Lorenzo playing cards.’ As they walked around, they continued to make comments. They spent the rest of the morning in the village. I could hear laughter, and comments starting with ‘do you remember’.

I had to go and get them so I could tell them we had to go for lunch. I had to deliver lunch to Colin so we couldn’t be too late.

 

Walking into Pete’s, I told them this is where Colin and I ate while we were attending school. Pete came over to welcome us. “Armand, I haven’t see you and Colin for a long time.”

“How are you Pete? Business seems to be doing well.”

“Yes, I still have people who come in to see your painting. How’s Colin? And where have you been? I would have thought you two would have dropped in.”

“We have been busy, Pete. Colin works with his father, and I have a gallery for my painting which keeps me busy. Colin and I have a club for young adults that demands our spare time. Your closed on Sunday, I’ll give you the address and you can bring your wife and join us for Sunday lunch. It’ll be Colin’s and my treat.”

Pete led us to Colin and my old table. “Pete, this is my family from Italy. This is Carmella who I stayed with when I was studying in Italy, this is Geno and his wife, Angela. They will be staying with Colin and I for a week before they need to go home.”

Pete, smiled as he shook their hands.

As always Pete remember what Colin and I usually ordered. I suggested that Carmella, Angela and Geno try some American cuisine. I gave Pete their order and I told him I wanted to take lunch to Colin.

Pete left and one of his help brought us coffees.

Lunch was interesting. “What do you call this? What kind of meat is this?” They seemed to enjoy the food. Carmella would say this meat we serve this way, referring to an Italian form of the same meal.

Dinner over we had a piece of apple pie with ice cream. They was no question about them liking that. Carmella wanted to know the recipe, I told her I’d give it to her when we got home. I thought I’ll ask Marcel to make it for her, that way she will learn.

 

I took Colin’s lunch and headed to his office.

We stopped at the reception area, they noticed the painting. “Did you do that?”

“Yes, he insisted and that was my first job on commission.”

I told the receptionist I had Colin’s lunch. I forgot that she had never met me.

“Who shall I say is calling?”

“Tell him Mr. Arrow and party are here to see him concerning a medical condition.”

I listened as she contacted him through the office intercom. I couldn’t hear his response, but soon his office door flew open. When he saw me, he told his receptionist to take the package and ask them to leave. I turned and started for the door.

He grabbed me, “I was kidding.”

“That will cost you a kiss.”

Laughing he kissed me. Then he realized his receptionist didn’t know who I was.

So I kissed him back, “I’ll bring your lunch everyday for a kiss.”

Colin looked at his receptionist, her eyes were wide open and she had her hand across her mouth.

“Anita, this is Armand, my husband, and our friends from Italy.”

I don’t know if she knew Colin was gay or not, but she knew now.

Dad heard the commotion and came out of his office. Before he could say anything, I offered him a lunch. “I brought Colin’s lunch and I couldn’t leave you out. So here is yours.”

He took the lunch, said hello to Carmella, Angela and Geno. They smiled and said hello in Italian.

I told Colin will see him later, I wanted to make sure I was home by 3:30.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 19
  • Love 24
  • Haha 8
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A great chapter, everything is going well, with no hiccups, smooth sailing, I just wonder how long it will last 

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Bobby working at the club implies everything is cool on that front

I see Colin paying more attention to Thomas as a good sign

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Everyone is getting along. Tony seemed pleased. Colin and Armand's visitors from Italy are enjoying their time in the US, Thomas is becoming a regular part of Armand's family, We see several examples of young love in action and it feels wonderful.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
4 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Bobby working at the club implies everything is cool on that front

I see Colin paying more attention to Thomas as a good sign

It seems Tony has relented concerning his feelings toward Armand.

Thomas reminds me of a young boy that has a hero.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

Everyone is getting along. Tony seemed pleased. Colin and Armand's visitors from Italy are enjoying their time in the US, Thomas is becoming a regular part of Armand's family, We see several examples of young love in action and it feels wonderful.

Reuniting friends after a long separation always brings changes. I wouldn't be surprised if Tony changes his mind about Armand painting a mural on his restaurant's wall.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Another great chapter with words painting images in my mind.

It seems the furor over Armand's 'Village' mural has died down, in no small measure due to Carmella visiting and chatting with Tony. Experience with my Italian relatives shows an upset or determined Italian woman in a kitchen, (where possibly 'dangerous' wooden spoons and other cooking 'tools' abound), can either create or calm down any situation. 👩🏼‍🍳 😅 

Eagerly awaiting next delicious chapter

  • Love 3
Link to comment

I like this first day spent with Geno and Angela.  They certainly enjoyed the village and the memories sparked by the room.  It has been a very long time since Armand and Colin were in Pete's restaurant.  I am amazed Pete remembered what Armand likes to eat.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..