Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,829 Words
  • 5,895 Views
  • 14 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 158. Chapter 158

Even though we had a television large enough to watch Ronald’s games they weren’t always being broadcasted. Colin, bless his soul, arranged for someone at Michigan to give him a DVD copy of the game. Ronnie told Colin they always make a DVD of the game and on the next day, they review the game with the coaches pointing out all of the errors. When Colin heard this, he contacted the coach and offered to make a contribution to the athletic department for a copy of the DVD of the game. The DVD would arrive the following week. A few of the members of the club were interested but most weren’t. They were happy to watch the games that were being broadcasted by the various sports programs. The boys at the Home were interested and would yell when Ronnie made a touchdown. Tommy put a small TV in the Home’s living room and he would put a program on for those who weren’t interested in football.

 

Richie took his car to Amherst, rather than park the car on Camus, he rented a garage off campus and kept his car there. It wasn’t unusual for Richie to show up on a weekend and spend time with the family, particularly if Ronnie had a weekend game. The fears that Armand had were unfounded. He got to see the boys, not as often as he liked, but more often than he had imagined. If Ronnie was playing a game close to home, he would come home. Colin would make arrangements for him to fly home and back to Michigan.

 

Tommy and Ivan were home every night, except when they were at the Home. Ivan had his farm to occupy his time. He decided to buy some geese. One of the farmers was thinning out his flock. Ivan wanted 13 and no males. He remembered the geese in Barcelona. Off to the grain store, and he looked at the various types of housing for geese. He s hoping to have the chickens and geese occupy the same coop. The man at the feed store told him it wouldn’t work. Ivan went to check with the farmer who was going to sell him the geese. He wanted his opinion. He told Ivan it was possible but he would need a very large coop and would be better off buying a coop for the geese. Now Ivan needed to come up with enough money. Asking Armand he found out that Armand and Colin had set up a bank account for him.

“You never told us. Did you set one up for the others as well?”

“Yes, in a family the children got an allowance. You and your brothers never needed one. James provide lunch and we bought your school clothes and play clothes. So we opened a bank account for you all. Even your new brothers and sisters have an account. The Grands gave you money for your birthday and holidays. That money you kept in your bank.

“So I have enough money to buy the hutch for the geese?”

“Yes, I’ll have Pop bring your bank passport home with him. It will show how much money you have.” I wasn’t going to show him his trust fund. Every time a sold a painting, I’d make a contribution to the boys' trust fund. Richie had a trust fund when we adopted him, I just added his proportion to it. Colin added the money from the sales of his house to his trust fund as well.

Tommy’s, Ronnie’s, and Ivan’s trust fund was managed by my banker. Richie’s trust fund was managed by the bank his father used. I left it that at, Colin managed it.

The new boys and girls trust fund was also being managed by my banker and their allowance was being managed by the local bank as the older boys.

 

I finally started to plan our summer vacation. I was sitting in the kitchen with a cup of coffee when Roger dropped in.

“Have you followed up on what we talked about?”

“No, but I will.” Roger and I talked about Carl’s interest in painting. I had him drawing straight lines and circles for the last two weeks. Roger offered to talk to him about art, and I agreed I’d approach Carl and mentioned it to him. That I needed to do.

“What are you doing now?”

“Making vacation plans. After last year, I plan on three or four scenarios.”

“You never made Greece last year.”

“No, but I’m going this year even if it is only for one day.”

“Have you mentioned this to Arnaud?”

“No, why?”

“He will offer his services as a tour guide. I think he goes to Greece at least once a year. I think when he gives his place to Christen, he’s going to move there.”

“Does he speak their language?”

“Yes, he speaks several languages.” I knew he spoke English and French of course.

“You know if he agrees to be our tour guide, I’ll have to include two more.” Roger looked at me questioning. “You and Jean. I think we are becoming the unholy four.”

We were laughing. “I’ll call Arnaud.”

“Let me know what he says. Wait, why don’t you call him from here? You call and I’ll pour you a cup of coffee. I think I may have a few of James’s cookies.”

While I got Roger’s coffee I could hear him on the phone. Ivan came into the kitchen, I saw him wave to Roger. “Dad, I bought that hutch for the geese. Wait until the guys see the geese.”

When Ivan said guys, he was referring to Tommy, Donnie, and Richie. Although the older boys have taken the younger boys under their wings, the bond they have among themselves is very strong.

Laughing, “Pat and Tommy will go crazy. I hope they don’t attack the children.”

“If I know them, they will have a name for each one and they will be saying that’s mine and that’s hers.”

‘You need to watch them. Maybe the Boy Police squad could help.”

“Dad, do you know Farmer Liddel?”

“No, maybe Pop does, Why?”

“He and his wife are moving. He’s the farmer who sold me the geese. He has a dog that is accustomed to farm animals. Do you think I should buy him?”

“Isn’t there a dog at the Home?”

“Yes, but he is outside of the fenced-in area where I have the chickens.”

“Why Is Farmer Liddel selling his farm.?” One look at Ivan when I said that and I knew I shouldn’t have said anything.

“I don’t know. I do know he is selling off his equipment.”

 

“What did Arnaud say?”

“He said you can’t go to Greece.”

“Why not?”

“He said you would get lost. However, he said if you paid for his room, he would go with you and make sure you didn’t get lost.”

“Did he really say that?”

“No, but he is excited. He said he would be glad to go just give him a heads up.”

“How about you? Do you want to go?

“If I’m invited.”

“You know you are always invited. I might see some art that may need a professional opinion.”

“Then you better ask Jean as well.”

Ivan walked into the kitchen. “Dad, Uncle Roger, I’m going to the Home. I’ll get the answer to your question, Dad.”

“He spends a lot of time at the Home. His teachers said he’s a good student. Very attentive and I think he has hooked up with those students who worked on the old orphanage lot..”

“The kids like him at the Home. He spends time with them. They like to help him on his small farm.”

Tommy walked into the kitchen. He said hi to Uncle Roger and asked what I was doing.

“Where is Carl?”

“He’s in our room. He has some homework to finish.”

The school had started for the young boys and Mary Ann. They went to the same school as the older boys. Carl started at that school but after two months they said he could do higher-level work. So he goes to the school the older boys attend. He has started the 7th grade now and Tommy offered to help him catch up.

Roger hung around, we discussed the holiday I was planning. “You usually end up in Italy.”

“Yes, we have an adoptive family there.” Roger knew about the village, he was very familiar with the village thanks to the painting at the gallery.

“I have seen the village via your painting, but I’d like to see the people also.”

I have never thought about Roger traveling with us.

“Consider an open invitation. I’ll show you our summer vacation plans as soon as they are finished. I usually stop in Paris first and I’ll do the same. Marie generally vacations there while we traipse around. She’ll come back with the cooks. Louise will stay with my mom and dad. Mary Ann may decide to go with Marie, if not she is old enough to accompany us. I just need to review these plans with Colin before finalizing.”

“I came over to see how Carl was doing and walk out with a paid vacation. Not a bad afternoon.”

Roger left, he was a great teacher and is now a great friend.

 

I finished my summer plans, it started with Carlos’s visit, then the Home for spring and summer trips. Followed by our vacation plans ending with a visit from Geno’s. Family In the Fall. Between these times, will be trips for the Home kids, zoo, museum, and ball games. I’d like to take them to a circus. I’ll see what Colin says. Now I need to fit all of this into a schedule around our vacation.

I went to check on Carl. “When you are finished with your homework, I’ll show you how to make your paint. How are the straight lines and circle coming along?”

“There’s a woman who comes in my dreams. She said I needed to practice my straight lines and then practice my circles.”

“Yes, I know her. She was a famous painter and when we go to Paris I’ll show you one of her paintings. Maybe next year we will go to England where she has a lot of her paintings. Follow her directions and soon I’ll show you how to make a canvas and a frame.”

“Did she come to you in a dream as well?”

“Yes”

“Do you think I will be able to paint like you if I listen to her?”

“I’d say there is a good chance. We could be a team. Let’s see what name can you make with your initials. CRR.”

Laughing. “I’ll see you when you are finished in our studio.” I wonder if he caught the ‘our studio’. I was glad GG took a hand in his training.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 18
  • Love 27
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Laughing. “I’ll see you when you are finished in our studio.” I wonder if he caught the ‘our studio’. I was glad GG took a hand in his training.
👍

  • Love 4
Link to comment

It is great to see Armand's worries were needless about the old boys. Those boys are great sons that enjoy spending time with the family.  I also like how the family is growing by bonding their friends to the family.  Ivan is an excellent young farmer and expanding his farm may be a lifetime pursuit.  Carl now has two excellent teachers who will help him find his own greatness. I love reading about this amazing family.

Edited by raven1
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 2/16/2023 at 12:08 PM, dutch woman said:

Laughing. “I’ll see you when you are finished in our studio.” I wonder if he caught the ‘our studio’. I was glad GG took a hand in his training.
👍

Yes, Carl seems to be learning to become an artist. I hope he listens to GG just as Armand did.

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, raven1 said:

It is great to see Armand's worries were needless about the old boys. Those boys are great sons that enjoy spending time with the family.  I also like how the family is growing by bonding their friends to the family.  Ivan is an excellent young farmer and expanding his farm may be a lifetime pursuit.  Carl now has two excellent teachers who will help him find his own greatness. I love reading about this amazing family.

Thank you. I love writing about this family. It is a model for other same-sex couples. 

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..