Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 457 Words
  • 2,921 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 8. Chapter 8

For the next two weeks, Armand worked on the frame. At first, he painted it gold, but he wasn’t happy with that, so he bought gold leaf, which he transferred to the frame. With this, he was happy and put his mark on the frame.

During this time, he and Colin had been spending time together. Armand was no longer in a trance when he saw Colin, except his blue eyes still held him in a spell when he looked into them.

 

Colin’s father came to pick up the painting when the painting was finished. “Would you consider coming home with us and hanging the painting? I’ll pay you extra.”

“There’s no need to pay me extra; I’ll be glad to hang the painting for you. I need to get some hangers and tools.”

“Go with Colin. Get what you need, and Colin can pay.”

So it was decided, the painting was wrapped and placed in Colin’s father’s car. Colin and Armand took off for a hardware store.

It didn’t take them long to get what Armand needed to mount the painting on the wall. The question was, who was more excited, Colin or Armand. Colin liked the painting and was beginning to like the artist and Armand, who fell in love with his subject.

Arriving at Colin’s home, he showed Armand where he wanted the painting hung. “Do you have a ladder? I don’t think I can reach high enough to hang the painting.” Colin went to the garage and found a ladder.

“Will this do?”

“Yes, but you must hold it steady.”

That was just an excuse to have Colin near him. It didn’t take long for Armand to have the hangers in place, and he needed help lifting the painting while he attached it to the hangers. “Colin, if you could stand on a chair and hold the painting from the bottom, I can attach it to the hangers.”

With the two of them, it took less than 15 minutes for the picture to be hung. “My mother is going to be surprised when she sees it. I hope my dad didn’t say anything to her.”

“Where is your mother? I thought she would be here.”

“She is probably at one of her charity meetings, that’s what she calls it. She is probably at the club with her friends.”

Armand stood back and looked at the painting, and he was proud of it. “Armand, you didn’t sign the painting, and it looks like someone painted an arrow in the corner.”

“You need to ask your father about that.”

Before Colin could question Armand anymore, he heard his mother’s car pulling up to the front of the house. “Quick, follow me.”

Sorry short chapter
Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 40
  • Love 39
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments




View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..