Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 708 Words
  • 2,692 Views
  • 34 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 18. Chapter 18

Walking back to Madam Lavigne’s, we stopped for bread, pastries, and a bottle of wine. Madam Lavigne was glad to see us. She opened the wine and poured us a glass as she asked how we spent our day, and I told her about our meeting with students; she smiled.

Dinner was the same as we had at that French restaurant back home, and the difference was the chef. Collin took a bite and smiled, and he remembered as well. “Which tasted better?”

“This tastes better.” He was right, a small percentage was the atmosphere, but Madam Lavigne’s preparation was different enough to give this meal an edge over the French restaurant back home.

That evening in bed, we reminded each other we were married, a few times.

Morning came, and I didn’t want to get out of bed. We had only a few more days left in Paris, and I wanted to see a few more museums. Today we will be going to the Musee D’Orsay.

After a light breakfast, I told Madam Lavigne that we would be going to the Train Station. The Musee D’Orsay is in the old train station, and the locals refer to the Musee D'Orsay as the Train Station.

 

Walking to the museum, I told Colin about various types of painting. “This museum has a lot of paintings by Monet. He is considered the master of a style called impressionists. His painting titled ‘Impression, Sunrise’ is in this museum and is of the impressionist’s style. Monet is considered the first painter of this style.”

As I was telling this to Colin, I didn’t notice several people following me. “Sir, weren’t you at the Louvre yesterday?”

I turned, and there were two of the students whom I met yesterday. So now, four of us walked to the Train Station, Musee D’Orsay. We discussed the pros and cons of the impressionist styles of painting.

“The museum has quite a collection of other painters. I remember there are paintings by Degas, who is also a member of the impressionist movement. He is noted for his use of pastel colors. There are paintings by Van Gogh and Renoir. Van Gogh’s painting shows the brush strokes, and you will be able to see this in his painting titled The Starry Night. Colin, you remember when we went to the Van Gogh museum in Amsterdam.”

“Armand, how would you class your paintings?”

“I’ll point out some styles as we walk through this museum, and you can tell me what you think my style is.”

One of my entourage asked if I had a painting in this museum. I told him I wished, but I didn’t think so. Colin came to the rescue, “If he doesn’t, he should. Look at this.”

I didn’t realize that Colin had a photograph of his portrait and the one I did for the Cafe. The one he chose to show the young man who asked the question was his portrait.

The young man looked at the photo, and he told his friends in French, and they all had to look.

“You could have shown him Pete’s painting.” He just smiled.

We arrived at the museum about an hour after they opened. It appeared that some of our initial entourage had called their classmates as the crowd had grown by the time we entered the museum.

We stopped in front of the first painting, and then I knew we would be here all day. They asked me what I thought about the painting, and I thought back to my class at Yale when we would critique the various paintings. So for the rest of the day, I would ask questions about the paintings and offer my comments.

Walking back to Madam Lavigne, we had a small group with us, and I stopped and bought several bottles of wine and pastries. Arriving at Madam Lavigne’s home, I told her I had some students with me. We sat around the table, drinking our wine with our pastry. Besides the students, Colin and I, Madam Lavigne, joined us. She became an active participant. Unfortunately, the conversations were all in French. I told Colin I’d explain after. He volunteered to keep the wine glasses refilled.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 20
  • Haha 6
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



15 hours ago, Christopher said:

I couldn't agree more with @chris191070, why bother @Timejun if all you're going to do is bitch about everything? A sad life indeed. Be appreciative of the world and all it has to offer you ... albeit free of charge!

AGREED, regular readers love the daily chapters that are a quick and easy read! 

The short chapters are good for me as I can read two chapters when I am having lunch 🍱 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
16 hours ago, Timejun said:

19 paragraphs?  Really?

Is that why you used the angry symbol? 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

Poor Colin, he needs to learn French so he can be part of the conversation.

Unlike our European fiends, Americans are resistant to learning another language. It has only been recently that there is an interest in languages. The best way to learn a language is to live in the country for a specified time.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Christopher said:

I feel for Colin not speaking French ... I can't play golf but I drive a hell of a beer cart! :) 

And probably can offer a beer in several languages

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, drsawzall said:

I agree...Collin is a star and I am sure he will have is moments!

I am mediocre at golf as well but I can make a six pack disappear rather quickly!

And after several six packs you can speak a different language 😀

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
19 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

I think Colin is learning the French tongue first hand. 👄

As for 6-pack, over time they ABSolutely disappear the more beer you inject. Time for the gravity-fed beer helmet? ⛑️

Are you suggesting he is leaning via th French kiss. 😃

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
19 hours ago, scrubber6620 said:

I liked how they all gathered and toured the museum and Armand acted like good, informed artist and educator. Everyone seemed to get along.

Madam Lavigne will have some wonderful memories  Collin and Armand are having a very enjoyable, fun honeymoon and lots of good sex.

Armand is having a good time and Colin is going along with him. Partners share, I think Colin is showing interest in his husband's interest. Isn't that what partners do? And now Colin can share Madam Lavigne.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..