Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 675 Words
  • 2,659 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 12. Chapter 12

Over the next few weeks, Colin and Armand noticed they had to wait for a table. “Pete, your business has really picked up.” Laughing, “Do we need to make a reservation?”

“No, Colin, I have a table for you.” Pete led them to a table in the back of the Cafe, close to the kitchen door. He removed a tray of glasses, and the boys sat down.

“I wonder why his business picked up? I thought Pete catered to the college crowd. Now, as I look around, most of the clientele are women.”

“So, ask him and see what he thinks.”

Pete brought them a menu, looking it over, “Colin, there are a lot of salads on the menu. I don’t remember salads being a whole page.”

“Probably because of the women, they like salads.”

When Pete came back to take their order, “Pete, what happened? I don’t remember you being so busy at this time of the day.”

“I don’t understand it. Yesterday, a woman came in for lunch. She said she had to pick up some books for her son, and he recommended the Cafe for lunch. As she was talking to me, she looked up and saw the painting. She left the Cafe and returned an hour later with five other women. Ever since then, I have been very business.”

Colin looked at Armand, “You are becoming famous.”

Just then, Colin’s mother and the girls entered the Cafe, and they stopped at the counter and looked at the painting. “Mary, that painting has the same mark on it as the one of Colin.”

“Yes, this painting was done by Arrow. Sir, do you have this painting insured?”

“No, why? One of the students gave me this painting. He’s sitting over there.”

Mary looked and saw Colin. “Get ready, Mom saw me, and she’s heading this way with the girls. “

“Colin, Armand, I didn’t expect to see you here. “

“Mom, we always eat here instead of in the cafeteria. What brings you and your friends here? “

“We heard that there may be a painting here by Arrow. I came to see if it was true. “

Now Colin’s mother knew that Armand was Arrow, but none of the others knew. “Colin, you need to explain to the owner about the painting, and he needs to take precautions to prevent it from being stolen.”

When Pete brought the boys their order, Colin introduced his mother to Pete, and Mary introduced her friends. “Pete, my mother tells me that that painting that you have hanging over the cash register is worth a lot of money, and you should take precautions to ensure that it isn’t stolen or destroyed. I would guess that painting is worth about $50,000. Think about that when you go home at night.”

“But that was painted by you, Armand.”

“Yes, Pete, it was. The Arrow represents my initials. It may not be worth a lot today. But if people like my painting, it may be worth a lot someday. I think Colin’s mom is right, and you should protect it. If it gets stolen or destroyed, I’ll paint you another.”

Colin looked at Armand as if he was crazy. If his mother said it was worth a lot of money, then any painting of his would be worth a lot of money. "Armand, do you realize the worth of your painting?”

“What do you mean? I paint because I like to paint, and GG told me I paint well.”

“GG?”

“Yes, I thought I told you about her? She was a famous painter several generations ago. She taught me how to paint. She would come to me in a dream, we would talk, and she would tell me what I must do, like filling pages of straight lines and circles.”

Colin just smiled as he leaned over the table and kissed Armand. On the way out, Colin told Pete to make sure he protected the painting. “Pete, he sold a painting for several thousands of dollars.”

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 41
  • Love 32
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Armand is a very humble and innocent young man who doesn't realize the value of his work.  I am glad that Colin is there to support him when he realizes how great his paintings really are.  If they are worth the amounts we see know, it will come as a big shock when knowledge of his paintings spread out to the national and global art community.  I suspect Pete's painting will provide Pete a very good retirement, if Pete decides to sell the painting.  Maybe Pete will make enough money from his restaurant's increasing popularity, and he won't be tempted to sell the painting.  I think Colin's parents will lend their support and connections to make sure Armand's work spread quickly to the larger art community.  I am enjoying this story very much!

Edited by raven1
  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..