Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 793 Words
  • 1,544 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 45. Chapter 45

Saturday morning we were sitting in our kitchen enjoying a cup of coffee when Colin’s phone rang. It was Mary. I wondered how long it would take Marylou’s mother to call her.

I only heard one side of the conversation. “Mom, she has always acted that way. She is an embarrassment.” “Yes, I don’t know but she thinks she can do anything she wants.”

“No one likes her.” “Mom, stop over today, I’ll show you a tape of how she behaved.”

“Yes, I tape all who enter.” “Just come over for lunch, bring Dad also. I’ll show you Armand’s gift.”

“Mom said Marylou’s mother called early this morning crying.”

“Is she crying because of what the guards told her and she has come to the realization of how Marylou acts or is she crying because we wouldn’t let Marylou into the club?”

“We didn’t stop her, she stopped herself."

"What time is your mom coming?”

“She will probably be here about 11.”

I started to laugh. “Why are you laughing?”

“It’s 11:30 now. Come on, we will have to let them in.”

Walking the front door, Mom and Dad were standing there. “You need a bell or something to let you know someone is here.”

“Armand, what did the Roman’s use?”

“I don’t know. Let’s look at your photos and see if we can come up with something.

“Mom, before we discuss Jane’s concern, look at the tape.”

Walking back to Colin’s office, he put on the tape. I watched Mom’s face as she watched the tape. “Did she act like this all the time she was in the club?”

“Do you remember me talking about how some of the girls felt it was okay to take food and drinks from the boys table? Well, she was the one who did that when Armand was here his first night. Armand was very angry and let them know what they did was arrogant and crude. We left and went and had dinner at the French restaurant.”

“So you expected something.”

“But not what we got on tape. We taped all of the people who came in and who signed the book. We changed the payment system and we expected some of the members may object and say they never attended the re-opening of the club. This way we had them on tape. It was pure luck we got Marylou doing her rant.”

“Can you make a copy of that tape. I think Jane needs to see how her daughter behaves.”

Colin made a copy and gave it to her. I was glad Colin had the equipment.

“Mom, Dad, stay for a coffee. I’m sure Marcel has something we can have for lunch.”

Walking into the club, we headed for the kitchen. Marcel was there doing some prep work. He had made a few Tapas for tonight. Colin smiled as he took them to the kitchen table. He told Marcel he needed to taste them to be sure they were good. Mom, Dad and I laughed.

“Colin, you better watch it or you’ll need new clothes.”

“If he get’s fat to the point he needs new clothes, then he will not be allowed on the roof and he will sleep in the bedroom on the third floor, alone.”

We laughed as Colin handed the plate back to Marcel.

Mom asked where did we have what we called Tapas. Colin told her when we were in Spain. Then I had to listen to Colin tell her all about Barcelona. We had told her and Dad when we showed them the pictures, but I think it will be years before Colin relegates those memories to the back of his mind.

Mom and Dad joined us as we had Tapas for lunch. Dad thought they were good and told Mom she needed to get Clair to prepare some for home. They left but not before I gave them an itinerary highlighting lunch on Sunday. Mom asked if this is open for all and not just club members. Colin said it would be open for the public as well as club members. But the public would have to pay their tabs before leaving.

The band showed up at 3. By time they sat up, tuned their instruments and started to run through a few songs, it was close to four. I took a coffee out to the door men, Marcel followed with a plater of Tapas.

The club opened at 4, I stood at the desk while they signed in. There wasn’t any problems. I had a printed a schedule for when the club would be open, which I gave each member as they signed in. On the schedule for Sunday, I indicated open to the public.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 31
  • Love 23
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 6/17/2022 at 5:11 AM, CLJobe said:

If you remember Jane was a holier than thou person, my guess is that Marylou was on a very tight rein at home or in her mother's presence, and when she wasn't she acted up. Just a hunch. Now that her mother knows, thanks to the video, she will have to behave or she will be grounded until Jane finds her a husband.

Hopefully that will take forever!  Can anyone imagine a man stuck with someone like Marylou?  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..