Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 966 Words
  • 639 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 236. Chapter 236

In the morning, I woke early, I had breakfast to cook. I showered and dressed for the day.

Walking into the kitchen, I chuckled as one had to step carefully through the living room. I started the coffee, this morning I am going to make crepes stuffed with scrambled eggs with sausage from Ivan Junior's pigs. As I was preparing breakfast, I thought about Ivan and his farms. He inherited the pigs from the farmer who sold him his potato land. With the boys from the Home who worked full time for him, he raised pigs on the small farm. In the fall, they would butcherer a few hogs for the family including the Home. We had a limited supply so we had sausage for breakfast on occasion. Today was such an occasion. I knew besides the grandkids, there would be two sets of parents as well.

I put the tray of sausages in the oven, I preferred to cook them that way to frying. James convinced me the oven method was better. Less fat he said.

I scrambled a big bowl of eggs, which I had just put it in the refrigerator when David and Charles joined me in the kitchen.

“Good morning.”

“Dad, you should have called us to help. Here sit down, and have your coffee.”

“Sit down with me. We don’t get to talk very often. We have time before the children wake up.”

Dave sat down, Charles said he would do the crepes then he would need to get the club. With James gone, there were only Peter, Billy, and Charles in the kitchen.

Talking with David, and comments by Charles, I watched as Charles made two crepes with scrambled eggs. “Make yourself one as well, Charles. You will have time to eat it.”

It was still early and with David’s help, it won’t be a problem.

 

Sitting there with Charles and David was catch-up time for me. Charles said they were looking for another cook or someone to help in the kitchen.”

“Check with James, he may have a suggestion.”

David wanted to know if a girl could work in the kitchen. “No, one whack with the wooden spoon and she would quit.”

“Peter doesn’t whack anyone with a spoon.”

“No, but I do if they mess with my soup.” David and I laughed.

Charles was proud of his soup-making, and I thought he should be.

After finishing our breakfast, Charles left. David and I started making crepes, pouring orange juice, and chocolate milk, and getting ready to make scrambled eggs.

Just as we finished, Ronnie and Julia with Richie and Anna Marie walked into the kitchen. I looked at David, he started to laugh and began to make more scrambled eggs,

As the kids started to wake up, the moms went to help them.

“Where is Pop and Pierre? Still sleeping?”

“I think Pop is up. Probably getting dressed, As for Pierre, the more he sleeps the better he will be when he awakens. This is the first time he has come home like this. “

“From what we could see, it was a party more than a dinner.”

“I’m sure he will tell me “ Saying that I couldn’t help wondering what was so different about last night. They always have a dinner party at the end of these meetings. He always comes home sober or stays in town until the next day.

Now the hustle, the kids were ready for breakfast and sitting at the dining room table. Like clockwork, the ladies took them their orange juice, followed by plates of crepes stuffed with scrambled eggs and a platter of sausages. The guys sat in the kitchen drinking coffee. I knew what they were doing, by staying in the kitchen the ladies attended the kids/.

I took my coffee and plate of crepes with scrambled eggs and headed for the dining room. I had a party I needed to attend.

Sitting in my usual seat, I looked over the table, everyone was eating, taking a few minutes to say good morning to me. Richie’s little girl was sitting next to her mother until she spotted me, then she headed to my lap. Now I had someone to help me eat my breakfast. Anne Maria just looked, then took Maria’s plate and brought it to me. No, my breakfast was better, so I ate her left overs.

The boys wanted to know how the story ended, I suggested they take the book and read it themselves. No that wasn’t a good idea, They would stay after breakfast and I could finish reading the book to them. Colin finally made his appearances and now everyone was talking about the camp out.Charles brought out Colin’s breakfast, and said goodby. He had to go to work. With James gone, they were one man short. I wondered how they were going to manage and how soon there would be another cook in the club’s kitchen.

I could have breakfast liked this every day. I don’t know why but I feel the happiest when I have family around me. It is more than grandchildren and their parents because I feel the same way at the Home. Colin said it was because I was the only child, but so was he.

Colin, David and I sat at the table in the kitchen for our second cup of coffee while David ate his breakfast. I realized that this would be our normal breakfasts from now on. Just the three of us with an occasional Charles. The house seemed eerily quiet. The children gone,

David left, I think he was going to school, Colin said he was going to see Richie. So I was alone waiting for Pierre to wake up.

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 18
  • Fingers Crossed 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

21 hours ago, weinerdog said:
21 hours ago, weinerdog said:

Sort of a cliffhanger  Alone in the house waiting for Pierre to wake up. With nobody but Armand around perhaps Pierre will open up as to what happen but maybe after the hangover

Sort of a cliffhanger  Alone in the house waiting for Pierre to wake up. With nobody but Armand around perhaps Pierre will open up as to what happen but maybe after the hangover

It was called an interlude, I think. The sleeping children had to go home before Pierre surfaced,

  • Like 4
Link to comment
21 hours ago, chris191070 said:

A great family breakfast. Now we wait for Pierre to wake up.

Yes, and as doped up as he was, it will take time.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
20 hours ago, Anton_Cloche said:

Thank you @CLJobe for this morning wake up brief to wet our appetites.

Someone :whistle: recently reminded me: "I wonder if you realize I don't post until you have commented. Every time I think of ending the story, something rattles the brain ergo another chapter".

So here goes ...

stan marsh fear GIF by South Park

James has a few sources for support staff (chefs waiting to be trained?). One option could be local community colleges with 'apprenticeship' programs, however he would likely have to retrain them to his (Marcel, Armand & Colin's) standards. Option 'B', check with Tommy and Pepe to see if any older teens in Angel's Home are showing an interest in how meals are prepared there. If they are approaching their 18th birthday where they'd normally have to leave a state-run 'home', unprepared for life, they might be interested in being trained by James and Charles. Perhaps Colin, Ritchie and Tommy could get James certified to 'teach' (adjunct CIA* campus like Le Cordon Bleu used to offer?) and have students achieve a college-equivalent diploma, and be able to enter the workforce.

As for Armand's "I realized that this would be our normal breakfasts from now on. Just the three of us with an occasional Charles. The house seemed eerily quiet. The children gone". What? So quiet that you could hear a rocking chair squeak or a 🐦 cheep, and yet nothing? GG 's suddenly gone quiet, or is she busy doing "parish" visits and making things "right" elsewhere??

Then there is Pierre and strange things going on. Someone(s) is behind what happened to him at the hotel after the "business meeting" supposedly with his New York counterparts. What did Ritchie and Colin come up with? What do the blood tests Louis did at the hospital reveal as far as Pierre being "drunk" or drugged (slipped a mickey) or worse, potentially deadlier drugs? And what ounce of preservation within Pierre, allowed him, when forced to sign away his Paris cottage home, to protect himself by signing 'Christian Arnaud'?  

Have I given you enough "homework" Cal?

Stay well.

🫂

* Culinary Institute of America, NOT Langley "spy-craft" factory. 

Yes, mon amie. The next chapter is the awakened Pierre. but the chapter after that, all will be divulged.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
20 hours ago, mikedup said:

A great family breakfast, everyone enjoyed it, but they all got on with their daily lives, now Pierre is a totally different ballgame, we will have to wait with baited breath, 

Pierre will be alright. He has Richie and Ronnie who will dig into what is happening.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
20 hours ago, drsawzall said:

Looking forward to seeing Pierre's side of the story and the results of the bloodwork, I wonder if our caged soon to be felons, will sing when they realize the trouble they are in...

I think it might be time for Colin and Armand to move into an apartment at the home, the best cure for loneliness!!! 

You are right. In the Home there will be no time for being lonely.

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to comment
16 hours ago, akascrubber said:

Who would not want to eat breakfast with Armand ? His kindness and generosity would fill up the room, He makes everyone feel good--and for some reason his food tastes the best.

Pierre is sleeping in . I hope when he wakes up he will let Armand and others know what was going on. Why was his cottage wanted and by who? Was he drugged? Armand may need to call Christian to ge to the bottom of the situation, Is Pierre out of trouble? Could he also  be targeted when he is back in France?

Pierre will be a little fuzzy on what happened. I look to Richie and Ronnie returning from their interview with the two men. Maybe we will find out more.

  • Like 3
  • Fingers Crossed 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..