Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,660 Words
  • 2,828 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

ARROW - 10. Chapter 10

“How much did that painting cost?”

“I don’t know. I’m sure John took care of it, especially if Colin wanted it.”

“You both spoil that boy.”

“Not really. He’s level-headed and has never given us cause to worry.”

“Until now, he’s associating with a homosexual. Hard to tell where that will lead.”

“I trust Colin, and if he is happy, that is all I care about. His sexuality is his concern.”

“But you know that they are prone to diseases, and it’s against the Bible.”

“Jane, I don’t care. All John and I want is for Colin to be happy. As far as the Bible goes, everyone is a sinner, even you. I see you’re wearing a blend of silk and cotton, and I think that goes against the Bible as well. At lunch today, you ate that shrimp salad, which is also against the Bible. My opinion is you either abide 100 percent, or you keep your opinions to yourself.”

We watched as Jane got up, picked up her purse, and left. The other ladies sat around and gossiped until John, Colin’s father, arrived.

“Hello, ladies. Have you seen the painting? Ellen, where are Colin and Armand?”

“Who is Armand?”

“He’s a friend of Colin’s from the University.”

“I haven’t seen them. They weren’t here when I arrived home.”

Colin’s father looked up and saw Colin and Armand. He smiled, turned, and looked at the painting. “Ellen, I thought maybe you and I should get our portrait done by this painter called Arrow. Of course, it would have to be like Colin’s unclothed.”

“You wish. Get rid of that belly, and I’ll think about it.”

Colin started to laugh. His mother looked up, “Colin, what are you doing up there, and who is that with you.”

“Come on, let’s go down so I can introduce you to my mother.”

Arriving in the living room, “Mother, I’d like to introduce you to my boyfriend, Armand.”

Armand was hesitant until his father hugged him, followed by his mother. “Did you paint this portrait of my son?”

“Yes, and I look forward to painting a similar portrait of you and your husband. Be assured. I’m very discrete.”

Colin started to laugh, joined by his father.

“Your father is taking me out to dinner tonight, and I suggest you take your boyfriend to your club for dinner.”

“That’s a great idea, and I’ll make all of the girls jealous.”

“And probably I few boys as well.”

“Colin, I’m not dressed to go out tonight. Maybe we can make it another night.”

“No, you’ll see, you’ll fit right in. I’m going like this. Come on; I’m getting hungry.” He reached and took two cookies from the table, handing one to Armand,

Leaving, they heard his father say, “That young man is going to set the art world on its ass. His professor said he’s a genius and makes his own paint as well as his frames.”

“He hasn’t signed it. I don’t know how this Arrow got there.”

“If you look, you’ll find it on the frame as well.”

With Colin driving, “So what kind of club is this ?”

“It’s mostly young people. It was started several years ago. We didn’t want to go out with our parents, so I persuaded my parents into buying this building. Then my friends and I set it up as a club for young people. I don’t think anyone is over 30, and you have to be 21 to join.”

Arriving at the building, Armand noted that there wasn’t anything that would indicate it was a club for young people. Colin took out his key, unlocked the door, and as soon as he opened it, the music blared out at them.

Armand followed Colin into a large hall with booths around the wall, a dance floor in the middle of the room, and a stage for musicians off to one side. As soon as Colin entered this room, girls gathered around him.

One of the girls recognized Armand. “Aren’t you in my art appreciation class?”

“Yes, I am.”

“How do you know Colin?”

“I’ve known him for several weeks now. We collaborated on an art project.”

“Armand, let’s get a booth. I’m getting hungry.”

They found an empty booth in the corner. “What would you like to drink” There are sodas, wine, and beer?”

“I would like a glass of water with lemon in it.”

“No wine or soda?”

“No, water with lemon is fine.”

“How about carbonated water then?”

Laughing, “Okay, but with lemon.”

“Are you hungry?”

“A little”

“Okay, if I order and before you say anything, I’ll pay. You starving artists need someone to look after you.”

“Okay, but next time I’ll pay. I just sold one of my paintings, so I have a few extra dollars.”

“Speaking about that, if anyone mentions the painting, let me handle it okay.”

“Who is going to mention it? Only your friends of your mother saw it.”

“Word travels fast, and get ready.”

“Hi, Colin.”

“Hi, Marylou”

“I heard you commissioned a painting, and you are nude. Can I see it?”

That started the comments; you could almost hear the buzz as people whispered to each other.

“Do you think it was smart coming here?”

“Sure, you think this is bad? Wait until they find out I have a boyfriend who is a renowned artist.”

Armand just smiled as a young man came to take their orders. “Hello Colin, seems you are the talk of the town tonight, something about a nude portrait.”

“Yes, I had my portrait done by my boyfriend. He’s a renowned artist.”

“What’s his name? I’ll look it up.”

“His name is Arrow. And with that, I’ll have two Pellegrino with slices of lemon. And for dinner, bring me two of my usual with extra fries for the moochers.”

“You mentioned your boyfriend, and he didn’t say anything. Does he know you’re gay?”

“Not that I know, and I think he was too busy to connect the dots. But wait, the night isn’t over yet.”

He brought us our drinks, “Your dinners will take a little longer. He’s backed up.”

“No problem, maybe you could bring us some type of appetizers?”

“I’ll see what I can rustle up.”

 

“What, no wine? We were hoping you had your usual bottle of wine so we could help you drink it.”

“I’ve decided tonight just water.”

“Colin, you’re no fun anymore. Did you order dinner? Tell me yes.”

“Yes, we ordered dinner, tonight we are having kidneys. Jimmy told me they just came in fresh.”

“I can’t eat that. Why didn’t you order something we could eat?”

“Well, my boyfriend had them in Paris and wanted to try them here.”

That rang the bell, “Boyfriend, when have you decided to be gay?”

“I have always been gay, and I like the male species and finally found one that I like very much.”

“Who is he, and do I know him?”=

“Probably not, but you have been introduced to him.”

Then we watched as she took off. We heard, ‘Beth did you know Colin is gay and has a boyfriend.’

“See, tell a woman something if you want it broadcasted to the world, at least to your friends. Do you want to know who her mother is?”

“Who”

“The woman at our place this afternoon who first saw the painting.”

“I think her name was Jane.”

“Right, if she knew how her daughter acted at the club, she’d have a canary.”

Armand was confused, looking at Colin, “I don’t understand?”

“You heard her mother this afternoon, holier than thou attitude. Well, her daughter isn’t a saint, and watch her flirt with the guys.”

“Colin, this is the best I can come up with. These are puff pastry with different stuffings.”

“Jimmy, this will do just fine.”

“Colin, what are those?”

“They are our appetizers.”

 

Marylou reached over the back of the booth and took one. She took a small bite, decided she didn’t like it, placed it back on the plate, then took another one. One of the girls with her did the same thing. Armand couldn’t believe his eyes.

“Armand, you should try these.”

Armand was disgusted with what he saw, “No, I’ll not eat any of these. The girls touched them all, took a bite, and set it back on the plate. I’m sorry, Colin, but I was always taught, you don’t take anything from a plate until you ask, and then you never take a bite and put it back. These girls might have a contagious disease, or who knows when they washed their hands last. No, you can eat, but I can’t.”

Colin listened to Armand, then he thought. “You’re right. They do this so often I never focused on what they did. I’m sorry, Armand. Let me take you to a nice restaurant.”

“No, it’s okay.”

“No, it’s not okay. I just never realized how these girls acted. I’m sure the other boys have experienced the same thing. Thinking about it, wait a minute.” Colin got up and went to another booth occupied by two guys. The girls sat down, took Colin's water, and drank from the bottle. Armand took his bottles and held it.

Colin returned, “The boys said they do that with them as well. He said when he said something, one of the girls said it’s the responsibility of the man to pay.”

Armand stood up, “I’ll pay only if these girls have sex with me. Most women who a man keeps have sex with them. So with dinner comes sex. Who is volunteering?”

The girls just looked. “It’ll be a cold day in hell before I’ll have sex with you.”

“Great, then get the hell out of here.”

Colin just looked at Armand. There was no doubt in Colin’s mind that Armand was furious.

“Armand, come, let’s leave. I know a nice French restaurant.”

Copyright © 2022 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 37
  • Love 17
  • Haha 7
  • Wow 11
  • Sad 2
  • Angry 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



8 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Yes and evidently you have met some

Ssssssshhhhhhhhhh not so loud they might hear you - one is an over 60's neighbour!!

I'm disabled but a live in carer to my mother & our new neighbour in this retirement complex of flats is like an older version of one of these girls. Lol

She doesn't care what she does Or how it might impact anyone else as long as she's having fun n someone else is picking up the tab.!!

We have a party wall n my bedroom backs onto her  kitchen & it's an archway In her flat from her living room to the kitchen  & on Saturday night  she was showing some appreciation to another neighbour Who had taken her out for a meal n drinks  n boy is she loud!! Thank God being  Almost geriatrics  It wasnt a  long "thanks for a good evening!! !!!!

 

😱😱😱😱😱🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣😱😱🤣🤣🤣🐷

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..